Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that we can get a better turn out for this great event than we have in the past. See you on the field in Carlisle Pa.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Zinder,
I'm kind of new to all this. Can you tell me more about the GM Nationals and why I would want to attend?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is just another way for Sky and Soltice owners to get together and swap stories and ideas. Just google GM Nationals at Carlisle and you will get all the info you need, hope to see you there.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,565 Posts
Once again, why should we give a [email protected] about GM anymore?
Zinder,
I'm kind of new to all this. Can you tell me more about the GM Nationals and why I would want to attend?

Thanks,
John
The GM Nationals is not a GM event.

Carlisle puts on various car shows throughout the year focusing on a variety of themes including the All-Ford Nationals, All-Chrysler Nationals, [email protected], Kit Car show... truck only show... tuner show (Performance & Style)... and a couple all makes shows with swap meets.

The show is more of a place where thousands of car owners get together, show of their cars and admire other cars... it is just focused on GM cars.

Pontiac clubs attend in high numbers... and they too were shafted by GM... but look at this as an event to gather with a LARGE group of other Pontiac owners. A GTO club had the highest turn out in 2011, with a Fiero club being number 3. This is the perfect place for Saturn owners to meet up as well.

I love the parades they do from the fairgrounds to downtown... they do it for the Corvette show most... but have for the Performance & Style as well... and sometimes for the others.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
And the last couple of years it was scheduled during the Kappa Nationals and the Summer Solstice in June. Guess for those who are local not going to NASSM 2012 it would be a fun event. :)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
And the last couple of years it was scheduled during the Kappa Nationals and the Summer Solstice in June. Guess for those who are local not going to NASSM 2012 it would be a fun event. :)
How can they possibly get a large KAPPA participation going up against NASSM?
That's crazy!

Sent from my GT-P1000R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I plan to participate again. Registered some time ago and now am waiting for my registration package.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The GM Nationals at Carlisle have been scheduled on this weekend for at least the last fifteen yrs. and since it is not sponsered by GM, I can't believe they would be so selfish
that they would schedule the Kappa Nationals on th same weekend.

I try to attend every event that i can and it is plain stupid to schedule events on the same weekend, enough said.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if NASSM is always done at the Summer Solstice....this couldn't be the first time there has been a conflict?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,565 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if NASSM is always done at the Summer Solstice....this couldn't be the first time there has been a conflict?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Nope... not the first time.

That is why the Fieros, GTOs, Camaros, Corvettes... probably even GEOs... outnumber the Kappas in attendance.

If people don't step forward some year to host the Kappa nationals in their neck of the woods... Carlisle would be a perfect choice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My point is this, look at what is going on in the surrounding areas. Carlisle has been going on for a long time, when did the Nationals start, 2009? Schedule the Nationals a couple of weeks before or after. I appreciate all the work that goes into the planning for these events and would never put down anyone for their efforts, but all we have to do is register at Carlisle and make hotel reservations. They do all the work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like to go to every event possible. On this weekend alone there is an event in Pa., N.C and IL. I plan to drive to the Nationals on Wes. then leave for Carlisle on Fri. stay over night, then leave on Sat. night. See you in N.C.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Last year I went to the GM Nationals @ Carlisle due to the Nationals was further than I wanted to drive... :banghead:

This year the Nationals are in NC:willy:

I wish the NASSM and the GM Nationals were 2 weeks apart so I could make both:brentil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts