1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That whole Ford renaming the 500 a Taurus made me laugh... What are they thinking??
If it is a piece of crap and you call it Gold -- It is STILL crap.

If I was a Ford shopper I'd be insulted.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thats ok folks, I can tell you for certain that I have personally renamed the new Mustang all on my own... Ford need not trouble themselves. BTW, anyone want a 2005 Ford HORSEBALL! All I can say is a 2-year old car should NOT rattle like a 20-year-old truck!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Wait... what day is it?
Is it April 1st already?

I hope it is, cause the sky top is coming down today!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
This kinda stuff cracks me up. :lol:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Fiero was full of issues and in fact did not sell very well. I doubt GM would change the name of a car that is selling well to one that did not.
I guess tongue-in-cheek humor doesn't always translate over the Web! :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The Fiero was full of issues and in fact did not sell very well. I doubt GM would change the name of a car that is selling well to one that did not.
Oh, I dunno about that. First year sales of the Fiero was over 135,000. And no, I didn't misplace a decimal.

Over the 5 years it was out, it sold over 370,000 units (84 model year to 88 model year). To put it in perspective, that's about 74,000 annual volume. The Mazda Miata only sold more than that in 1990, and the average kappa volume is expected to be just under 40,000/year.

There's evidence that GM re-upped the trademark on the vehicle name:
http://jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/oh-noes-pontiac-fiero-coming-back-199313.php

I'm not saying that they are bringing back the fiero, but am making the point that it did sell pretty well (in spite of all the bad press) for a 2 seat low-luggage space vehicle. The car STILL has an active following, nearly 20 years after the last one rolled off the assembly line.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I happen to like some of the Sport Fieros. As-is they look pretty good. However, the fiero is a great chassis for a kit-car. (Lambo) It would make for a fun project car. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I happen to like some of the Sport Fieros. As-is they look pretty good. However, the fiero is a great chassis for a kit-car. (Lambo) It would make for a fun project car. :cheers:
:thumbs:

Yep - there was a very well done Ferrari 308 kit car with a Fiero interior that I remember at a Fiero meet years ago.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Being a Fiero owner (ownder 4, now down to 3 and trying to rid myself of them) I can say I knew that it was a joke as soon as I saw the name Fiero. So in that, I am glad GM is not changing the name. It sounded pretty real to that point actually. The Fiero is a great project car and I had some HUGE plans for it, although I realized the solstice/sky, even though it is FR instead of MR, is like the Fiero only improved greatly. Which is why I decided to scrap my plans for the Fiero (thankfully I never started) and get a Sky. So when I get a sky, I'm sure I will be glad I made the decision.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
There are at least a few former Fiero owners around here.

The Fiero got a lot of bad press (mostly for engine fires in the 1984 models), but the car was actually quite good, especially the 87/88 models.

My '88 GT had 125,000 miles on it and was still going strong (and looking great) when it got hit (and totalled). I can only hope that my Sky performs as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read on twitter that Rollls - Royce is working on a vehicle directed to the masses to be badged as the Rolls - Canardley.

Still to be worked out issue is as it comes off the assembly line,it only Rolls down the hills & Canardley get up the other !

:willy: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts