Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The 1988 Fiero GT was a decent car. GM finally got it right in the Fiero's last year.
I had both 87 and 88 at the same time and can confirm that the improvements were very significant. I kept the 88 for 20 years....(and made it faster than a GXP/Red Line). 0:)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I had both 87 and 88 at the same time and can confirm that the improvements were very significant. I kept the 88 for 20 years....(and made it faster than a GXP/Red Line). 0:)
I was going to buy an 88 off the lot, but the insurance quote I got was unbelievably inflated, and it was obvious that the the insurance company didn't want anything to do with a Fiero at that time.

Such is life!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I was going to buy an 88 off the lot, but the insurance quote I got was unbelievably inflated, and it was obvious that the the insurance company didn't want anything to do with a Fiero at that time.

Such is life!

Know what you mean - had the chance (and could have accessed the money) to buy an AC Cobra when I was very young for around $6,000. But the insurance premiums would have been $1500 a year and this as back in the days when minimum wage was $1.50 an hour. I try not to think what it would be worth today.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had the chance to buy BitCoin when it was $1.68....opppssss...we're talking about cars. I could have had a garage full of Skys and Solsti. I had an '84 Fiero....I bought it at 18 years old in 1990. It already had 100k on it and I put another 150k on it. I loved that car. Of course 2 weeks after I bought it I had to put a clutch in it because I didn't know how to drive a stick....LMAO....That wasn't cheap back then...$550!!! The car I wished I did buy was a 1986 Porsche 928. It had 40k on the clock and the guy only wanted $8k because I was working with his best friend and Porsche club president for MI at the time.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Know what you mean - had the chance (and could have accessed the money) to buy an AC Cobra when I was very young for around $6,000. But the insurance premiums would have been $1500 a year and this as back in the days when minimum wage was $1.50 an hour. I try not to think what it would be worth today.....
In 1973, or 1974, I wrote a letter to Carl Haas, the U.S. distributor for Lola, inquiring if he had any leads to any clapped out Lola Mk. IIIb GTs as I was thinking about converting one for street use. He wrote back offering me the original Geneva Auto Show car for only $25,000.

That was a LOT of gelt for a struggling law school student. I respectfully declined his kind offer. I did meet him years later in the pits at Road America at a vintage sports car event, mentioned his kind offer and we both had a good chuckle.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts