Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today to finish up details for the Downers Grove Sky Party show at Downers Grove Saturn.

Just like Saturn the GM here always surprises me.

We have to change the date from July 8th to July 15th.

Why??? Owner of dealer group called Jill(The head honcho of Saturn Corp) and ran the plan SkyBaby and I have been working on here. She was excited about this show and ran it by GM execs.

On the July 15th We will have a SKY DEMO FROM GM FOR TEST RIDES FROM 10:00 TO 2:00

A GM trailer with promotional stuff.

The Regional Director of Saturn will be there along with GM execs. to answer questions, about our Skys. (INFO RIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH)

This goes with what we have already planned for the Skys for the Show, food,drink, car clinics, porters to wash cars, and meeting great forum family members.

Today we worked on add for the Chicago Tribune.

We were thinking of DJ but with the response we decided to have a radio station do a promotion for the Event.

The owner asked what more do we want to make this a great success? You don't ask me something like that I'm not shy by any means.

I asked for a SkyRedline Show car for the Show, he is calling Jill tommorow to check availability. Because Saturn and GM is so excited about this Show he thinks he can swing it.

I said better yet you want a kodak moment, you want a show stopper?
Deliver the First Redline during the Show to me. LOL.

He said now that would be hard, but I am pushing for yours.

THERE WILL BE SURPRISES AT THIS SHOW SO PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND!!!

This is going to be a Super Time The SKY PARTY SHOW AT Saturn of Downers Grove July 15th 10-3:30

Ill ask SkyBaby to P.M. all confirmed SKY Guys and GAls bringing cars as to new date.
Everyone is welcome so P.M. if you are planning on coming

Also P.M. If you want TEST RIDE I want everyone who wants one to have a chance to drive the demo. so let us know

If your coming please P.M. SkyBaby or myself to commit your car

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I do believe my appointment book is empty the 15th -- that is fine with me! I will confirm with a PM....:cheers:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do you have an address that I can mapquest? My vacation is the week before, but if I can change it , I would love to drive out from PA.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
If by some miracle my Sky would show up by then, I would make it. But I don't see that happening, so hope everybody has a great time. I'll catch the next one!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Chi-town Test Drives....

Downers Grove Saturn is 1866 Ogden Ave. Downers Grove, Ill. 60515. The phone is 630-493-0500

THIS EVENT IS GOING ALL OUT........ AND.. YOU GET TO TEST DRIVE A SKY!!!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?????? THE MORE WE GET THERE THE BETTER THIS SKY SHOW WILL BE.. AND.... HAVE ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REGIONAL GM...... I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Convoy?????

I plan on leaving Bloomington by 7:00 AM. Jen, SkyPup,, want to run up there together? I am trying to talk the owner of the Saturn Dealership here in BN to drive his up too. That could be a 4 Sky convoy to Downers Grove.

Any other central Illinois SKY's that will be going to Downers Grove via BN?

PM me if you want to meet for Breakfast and run up together.

Later,
Kent

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drive The Demo Address Again

RMFNSKY take the ride it will be worth it, even if you don't have your Sky your one of the family.

We have A Sky Demo just waiting for you to try.

1866 OGDEN AVE. DOWNERS GROVE, ILLINOIS 60515
630-493-0500

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skip coming all the way from the deep south

Its great to have one of our senior members coming to the show. Skip's homespun humor will make a good party a great party. Who can be the farthest to come? Come on it's July it's time for a cruise.

·
Registered
319 Posts
So much for me making it now. Damn! I am free the 8th, but will be in San Diego (without my SKY) on the 15th.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We will have pics and video for you GB

I wish you could make it but we will have pics, and video for you. this is just going to be crazy fun.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GB let us know when you are in the area

Lets us know when you are coming to the area we can get together for a little cruise. Always love to see members of the Sky Family.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ricks Sunni one month Birthday

Sunni will have its one month birthday on this date also. There might be a double birthday there, all I can say is be prepared for some nice surprises.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Gotta say: Driving a SKY gets you sunburned (Ouch!!)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
We will jsut be driving up for the day. No Friday night cruise for us,,, well at least not in Chicago!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Prob

We are just going to scope out area for run after the show. I'll be to bed early Friday night. Have to set-up before show. See ya then

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sunburn and seat belt line

Rick now you just tan, I'm sure youre going to be out in the morning. That seatbelt line is bad. I drove to Rockford a few weeks ago and I looked like a crossing guard.
So all you coming from out of town for the show SUNBLOCK, and get a base tan.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
We all in tha south dun learned a long time ago ta drive with a shirt on. See most stores say no shirt, no service. Plus down here yall can cook real fast. Tha only time my top is down now is at night. During day it gets to 94 degrees and 99% humidity by 10:00 in the morning. Yes I take a knife outside and just slice me out a chunk of atmosphere and eat followed by icewater. ...Skip... and ya know my seats are not as hot as iI thought they would be in the heat ....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Spf 30+

Rick Tinley Park said:
Gotta say: Driving a SKY gets you sunburned (Ouch!!)
Since the Sky has come out there must be a boom on Suntan Lotions :D :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Sky is so cool you can't feel the heat

Skip you don't even notice how hot it is with the top down, and up here we have to enjoy the Sun when we can. It is a short season for converts here. Like you said those seats for some reason are not as hot as you would think with experience with other coverts with leather

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yer right Seagull

I should have bought Coppertone stock when I bought the Sky. Could have paid for it with profits. LOL.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts