Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturn Dealership Network To Be Phased Out

UPDATED: 5:02 pm EDT September 30, 2009

DETROIT -- General Motors Co. says it's shutting down the Saturn brand after an agreement with Penske Automotive Group Inc. to acquire the unit fell apart.

Penske, citing concerns about whether GM could continue to supply vehicles after a manufacturing contract with the automaker ran out, ended talks with GM Wednesday to acquire the brand.

GM CEO Fritz Henderson said in statement that Saturn and its dealership network will be phased out.

In a statement, the Bloomfield Hills, Mich.-based auto retailer says an agreement with another manufacturer to continue producing Saturn vehicles after GM stopped making them fell through, leading Penske to terminate talks with GM.

In June, Penske agreed to take over the Saturn brand and related dealerships. GM agreed to produce the vehicle for a limited period of time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No Way.......:mad:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Leave it to "Government Motors" (GM) to totally screw up a good thing!!! :mad:

What are they thinking!!!!!!!:confused:

I'm glad I left my Sky COMPLETELY stock!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
This deal never made any sense from day 1. Penske isn't an idiot and pulled the plug before it cost him. Sorry to see Saturn go, and good decision Roger.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
wasn't GM

Penske couldn't get anybody to start building Saturns after the 2 yr. period, so with no possibility of continuing the brand he walked...
Smart thing to do, but I feel bad for all the employees and dealer staffs...

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Well I'm done with GM, I doubt I will EVER buy or look at another GM, I don't care what kind of fuel or non-fuel it uses.. They phucked me and my family over for the last time... Sad but true..:mad: The new Scumaro can go piss off...:willy:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Stay tuned for more details to come out on this. I am just smelling a rat somewhere. Penske is way to smart of guy to jump into something like this in the first place, without certain assurances. I just have a feeling that there had been some assurances that GM would extend that 2011 deadline, if he was unable to find a manufacturer. But something changed since the original negotiations. hmmmmm, I wonder what that was?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.