Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone from talking to my dealer, about the inability to change and find out about my order status. This is just an unverified explanation, but does raise my and possibly your interst as well. Here goes:

The SKY orders or in the process of being managed by the GM system as opposed to the SAturn system, in the Saturn system you could make changes almost to the day of the building of a vehicle. Also status could be checked all the time and order could be pinpointed as to what event it is at. However under the GM system, none of this is can be done. On the GM system changes canot be made after 72 hours, they are locked in.

Anyway, if anyone out there knows anymore about this I would love to be enlightened. It could be a total lie, or maybe some truth lies in it. Anyway,
it is food for thought.

They still believe my SKY will come by the end of the month, red interior and all, I will just wait and see, & wait & wait:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
I just got off the phone from talking to my dealer, about the inability to change and find out about my order status. This is just an unverified explanation, but does raise my and possibly your interst as well. Here goes:

The SKY orders or in the process of being managed by the GM system as opposed to the SAturn system, in the Saturn system you could make changes almost to the day of the building of a vehicle. Also status could be checked all the time and order could be pinpointed as to what event it is at. However under the GM system, none of this is can be done. On the GM system changes canot be made after 72 hours, they are locked in.

Anyway, if anyone out there knows anymore about this I would love to be enlightened. It could be a total lie, or maybe some truth lies in it. Anyway,
it is food for thought.

They still believe my SKY will come by the end of the month, red interior and all, I will just wait and see, & wait & wait:willy:
As Saturn started to "share" platforms with other GM brands the ordering system has changed. We have the same problems with the Relay since it is ordered using the GM system, it a royal pain in the arse!!! :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, thank you. Me thinks I might have found an answer to my quest. I was told that it was virtually impossible to get information out of the GM system, pobabl;y why you all of a sudden you get a VIN and ship date at the same time, Am I correct in my theory?:thumbs:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Absolutely correct....

As we move along and adopt (are you ready...hold it...wait for it...) the MORE efficient system that GM already has in play, we lose our ability to manage the cars in the plant more specifically. :brentil: Sad but true...I have read about your plight Ernest, just never put 2 and 2 together. Makes complete sense though.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
MidwestSky said:
Absolutely correct....

As we move along and adopt (are you ready...hold it...wait for it...) the MORE efficient system that GM already has in play, we lose our ability to manage the cars in the plant more specifically. :brentil: Sad but true...I have read about your plight Ernest, just never put 2 and 2 together. Makes complete sense though.
Isnt 2 and 2... EQUAL TO..... HMMMM:banghead: WHO KNOWS? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I really believe that all is going to be well, I think I have found the answer, maybe. How about it Kappaman or Brentil, what is your take on this? Have earned my Jr. Detective Badge complete with certificate & special decorder ring?:cool: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts