Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Unfortunately they can. It sucks. My dad is a State Ref so im lucky to get the inside knowledge. California is able to see if the ecm was tuned at all. Even if it was reflashed. They are able to track all of that now. So Unfortunately it's gotta be cali legal or nothing at all.
Buy an extra ECM and swap it before the emissions test?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Can't your dealership do a simple Google search?
If they do a search for "GM part 19369111" they will be able to find it easily. They can also search for the "previous part number" of 19212670.

Or, point them to this link from GMpartsdirect: Performance Turbocharger Upgrade Kit For Cobalt, Solstice, Sky And Hhr 19369111 | GMPartsDirect.com

It seems like maybe they just don't want to be bothered with it.

Where in California are you? Maybe someone here has a dealership that has already installed one of these.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Like come on guys it can't be that hard. I actually printed the 11 page or so instructions and I'm going to go back in and show that to them. My problem I think is everyone is so young and has never heard of the engine before so even referencing the cobalt is useless.

I'm in southern California, the orange county area. So if someone knows a dealership who knows that they are talking about it would be great appreciated. I wonder if other GM dealerships are worth a shot ie Cadilliac, Buick etc?

·
Administrator
8,700 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking. Like come on guys it can't be that hard. I actually printed the 11 page or so instructions and I'm going to go back in and show that to them. My problem I think is everyone is so young and has never heard of the engine before so even referencing the cobalt is useless.

I'm in southern California, the orange county area. So if someone knows a dealership who knows that they are talking about it would be great appreciated. I wonder if other GM dealerships are worth a shot ie Cadilliac, Buick etc?
It might be worth trying to find the dealership that used to have Saturn or Pontiac as they may still have a tech who has some knowledge about the platform. In my case that is the Cadillac dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Any update on getting the tune?
Best I can offer is that the tune is still available in gm archives and can be done. But you need to buy the kit from a company which sells one with an EXECUTIVE ORDER STICKER. I found the beat practice is to take a copy of the install instructions to a dealer. That seems to have the best luck of them finding it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts