Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note that the car can be detected via computer if you've gone over the redline. If you have, there is a statement in the manual that your warantee will not be valid. Just an FYI.. so be careful when getting to that 7,000 RPM...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Nice to Know

Information like this can help all of the Sky owners, Present and Future.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
482 Posts
There is no advantage to over reving any engine, it will not go faster it will cause failure. Reciprocating engines by nature are just a bunch of metal thrashing in a bath of oil.... give me a jet any day, the largest moving part is air.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Does it actually SAY that in your manual?

If so, I've never seen it. Besides, according to the Magnuson-Moss act, the manufacturer MUST honor warranty in the form of the vehicle delivered. The only thing that voids a warranty, per se, is stuff having to do with title.

They (the manufacturer) have the electronic capability to limit damage to your engine, therefore, by implicitly giving you a car with a fuel cutoff at 7000-7200, they are giving you a car that is warranted as delivered - even if you run the car around at redline all the time...

Modifications done to the car will not void your warranty, either. Depending on the failure, certain work MAY be denied if it can be reasonably proved that your modifications caused the failure - otherwise, the MANUFACTURER MUST HONOR THE WARRANTY.

I've heard this several times, though, and I wonder if it is just urban legend. If you have read this in your manual, though, angelqute1, could you scan and attach it? I'd really like to see it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Somewhat of a misnomer...It does not void your warranty....It actually has a rev limiter so no immeadiate damage can be done by red lining the car. not good to do 24/7 but I've talk to my dealer and it is covered....Kinda in there if you have the ECM retune and kill the limiter option...(NOT RECOMMENDED) PS. The CPU only remembers a finiter ammount of data EG if you crash at 7100 RPMS it will have that data if you crash at 2500 RPMs but hit 7000 A day or two ago it will not be in the data stream.,....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dammit Kappa Beat me to it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts