Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK W/ AUTO!

ANYONE KNOW OF AN AFTER MARKET TYPE OF LUGGAGE CARRIER THAT WOULD FIT ON THE TRUNK AREA???

DID I SAY WOOOO HOOOO????:willy:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Why auto?

skybuy said:
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK W/ AUTO!

ANYONE KNOW OF AN AFTER MARKET TYPE OF LUGGAGE CARRIER THAT WOULD FIT ON THE TRUNK AREA???

DID I SAY WOOOO HOOOO????:willy:
Congrats on placing your order, but I have one question!

Why would you want this car in auto, it's a roadster meant to be DRIVEN! I say take lessons and learn how to drive stick you'll enjoy the car much much more.:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't ruin the looks with a permenant rack on the back, just add a hitch and buy a Harley Davison little trailer and paint it to match. Only need to use it on weekend trips where luggage is needed :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Agree, auto on a 4 cylinder is not the best choice. Maybe you should hold out for the turbo Redline. Lugguage rack?:confused: I think you are missing the point of owning a 2 seater convertible. This car is design for driving excitment, not hauling your butt from A to B. It's all about the driving from A to B.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Chloe said:
Congrats on placing your order, but I have one question!

Why would you want this car in auto, it's a roadster meant to be DRIVEN! I say take lessons and learn how to drive stick you'll enjoy the car much much more.:confused:
Don't judge people that want the automatic, maybe they have a knee injury or something that prevents them from using a clutch, should hey be denied owning a roadster like this?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thank you Sky Man. I will have automatic as I have one artificial hip and major arthritis in the other and my back. Shifting would be dangerous if I couldn't move that left Leg!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, even though I do have a recent left foot injury for the rest of my life, I prefer automatics. Sorry, but manuals aren't for everyone. No one should ever be criticized for their choices (even if you meant it lightheartedly - too many comments on here about those opting for the auto are getting tiring).

·
Registered
127 Posts
As for the luggage rack. Wasn't there a removable one shown on a previous thread that didn't require drilling or any hole in the trunk. I have a standard transmission comming personal choice, but do understand needing an automatic for someone with arthritis or even for high traffice areas. Lived in Seoul Korea for for years and went through 2 clutches due to heavy traffic (and I mean HEAVY TRAFFIC) and all of the hills (mountains) you find yourself in stop and go traffic. Driving a standard 5 speed shift there was a pain in the you know where.

Congrats on you order
:) Kimmi

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations! No gripe here about the auto. Someone posted in an earlier thread that one of the employees at the factory thought the auto was just as quick as the manual. It is, after all, 5 speeds. However, I agree with some of the other posters that the luggage rack is probably not the best accessory for your Sky. She's not a beast of burden.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would never pull a trailer with my baby (my opinion) but I dont see anything wrong with a removable laggage rack if it does not permanatly change the look of the car if if we arent traveling (might want to take a weekend trip to the Keys. Can aways take it off and leave it in the hotel or garage if I am home. Oh well everyone has an opinion I'm sure

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
RE: automatic

I caught this on the Solstice forum and thought I might throw it out there. Yes, I am one of the lazy old farts that's opting for auto.

" i have a friend who works at the DE plant. the autos are shipping, slowly but surely. people are getting them...

he's driven many sols (it's part of his job). his opinion: the autos are more fun to drive than the manuals. so all you people with an auto on order, congrats to you. i'd consider it if it wouldn't bump my order into the next decade (still waiting to receive my solstice).."

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
bigdog said:
" he's driven many sols (it's part of his job). his opinion: the autos are more fun to drive than the manuals. so all you people with an auto on order, congrats to you. i'd consider it if it wouldn't bump my order into the next decade (still waiting to receive my solstice).."
Wow, my Sky will be my first Manual -- I really love the idea of control and more interaction with my drive. Im the kind of fool that would downshift my automatic on tight turns and switch on and off my performance button to trigger gear changes. I think I just like the thought of pushing more buttons and levers.

Automatic or Manual? I wont preach either is better -- but I will say this, a woman who can really drive stick might be one of the hottest things ever.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[QUOTE This car is design for driving excitment, not hauling your butt from A to B. It's all about the driving from A to B.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there.:cheers:

When I told my wife I wanted a fun car to drive, she told me that a car is just a vehicle to get from here to there.:banghead:

I don't think she grasped the concept of a fun car ya think?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
kimmi said:
Wait until it is parked in the garage, she'll see the difference.

:willy: :willy: Kimmi
Heck wait till she sees the difference in you :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I took off from work a tad early and pushed my SL w/161k miles on it as fast as it would go!! Made the normally 1.5 hr commute in record time. Dealer has 4 images!!!!!!! schweeet!!

gave them my order. problem was, he had to wait for the order id # to come in which I guess completes the image to him so he can customize it and put it in the system. should be tomorrow. I'm going to have him try the red interior and see if it kicks it back. I'll let you know.

By the way, this dealership is awesome. so if anyone wants more info on them... PM me. MSRP!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
usmc said:
I took off from work a tad early and pushed my SL w/161k miles on it as fast as it would go!! Made the normally 1.5 hr commute in record time. Dealer has 4 images!!!!!!! schweeet!!

gave them my order. problem was, he had to wait for the order id # to come in which I guess completes the image to him so he can customize it and put it in the system. should be tomorrow. I'm going to have him try the red interior and see if it kicks it back. I'll let you know.

By the way, this dealership is awesome. so if anyone wants more info on them... PM me. MSRP!!!

Is that the one in Santa Rosa?

By the way, my ride is at Code 30 and TPW of 3/3/2006:cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
mglindo said:
Is that the one in Santa Rosa?

By the way, my ride is at Code 30 and TPW of 3/3/2006:cheers:
sweeet!! so yours is on its way to being built!! yes, that is the SR store. I wasn't clear (and was to excited about my order) to ask if the 4 images were for the SRstore only or to be shared with his other 2 stores. from the last 2 images releases, it seems that they all go to the SR store (thats his big store) and the he divies them out to vaca/fairfield stores. So, if that is correct, then the stores in your area should be getting at least 1 image this week. Probably tomorrow. when did your image go in?

·
Registered
326 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Automatic or Manual? I wont preach either is better -- but I will say this, a woman who can really drive stick might be one of the hottest things ever.
YeeHaa...I must be HOT! :cool: I grew up on a farm and can drive tractors, bull doziers, back hoes, dump trucks, RV's, and yes... change gears on all our motorcycles (I've been teaching people how to ride motorcycles for 12 years)...my SKY will be a manual (more fun & cheaper) but my Xterra & future replacement WILL be automatic. Rush hour traffic drinking coffee is no place for a straight drive...Ha!!! ZooomZooomZooom!! :D
Diana

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think us standard trans people just gotta be in control. Dont want to wait on the auto to do it for me must do it myself. Plus wanna through it into forth a get around someone if necessary. I do agree with traffic and a stick though. Takes alot of balancing to drink coffee and shift at the same time.
:) Kimmi

1 - 20 of 25 Posts