Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning this is a Rant!:rant:

Well I have to say that ordering my Sky has been the worst car experience I've ever had bar none!

As you can see from my Sig. I actually got to order my car in late January. The process has been extreamly slow, customer service doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, the dealer is uninformed and doesn't return calls.

I was told that the car was shipped on July 14th. Now I'm being told it left Ohio only yesterday and that I have another 13 business days to wait. This after being told (by customer service) that the car was scheduled for delivery by the second week of August and then August 4. If I had known the summer was going to be over by the time I got my Sky I'd have ordered the RL! This sux! What a pile of crap!

The car better be worth the wait!!!:leaving:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Hey Rick,
I understand the frustration. Been there, done that. Many of us have.
Keep you cool and get your car.
Pretty much guaranteed, the whole process has been, and will be the biggest trainwreck you've ever encountered.
You don't want to know how sausage is made.
Yes, it will be worth the wait, and once behind you all part of the experience.
Sounds trite, but hang in there and stop watching so closely.

Now you see why the rest of us lost our minds?
Let it go a bit, it's out of your control.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sorry 'bout that Rick....that really is too bad. SATURN has never had this type of responce before and this could be the source of so many issues such as missed and or poor communications. Good luck. Honestly I hope you feel a bit better...I'd offer you a 'cold one' but my deal with my wife was the car if I quit drinking....I did. Now I'm waiting on the car :D . ***&&#$#%^# sure it better be worth the wait and the sacrifice:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mine left Ohio very quickly but has been stuck in Windsor for over 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Rick .......it'll be alright!

Hey My Sky is sitting in my garage right now as it is so darn hot...dont want to sweat all over my leather...Diana and I love Fall Driving.....There is still part of August...all of September...and probably all of October (with a jacket on and the heat going)....I know its tough....but 22.5 minutes after you take delivery and you are cruising along ALL THIS WILL BE FORGOTTEN....trust me its worth it...nothing like fall colors and the top down....nothing

We are here for ya!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Rick...that sounded a lot like a rant to the Sky...

...Gods....!...3 days after I did.....one Sky in my garage.....hmmmm?? :D

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
cerberus said:
Now you see why the rest of us lost our minds?
HEY! I resent that remark...

...my mind was lost LONG before the Sky was introduced...:jester: :willy: :jester: :confused: :jester: :D :jester: :lol:

Seriously though, it sucks you have had to wait this long and the process has been this messed up. It was stories like this one that caused me to continue to search for an available Sky while I was waiting for the one I had on order. I'm glad I did even though I think that one DID come in on time.

Look at it this way, my ex dropped the bomb on me today that she wants my son to come live with her in Louisiana...I'm in So. Cal. We're both pretty stubborn. I'd gladly trade my Sky and my issue with her for your wait on the Sky...LOL So hang in there, things could be worse.

As far as summer running out, move out here to Cali and have summer all year round!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Boy, The timing on this string was perfect. I was a bit depressed before reading all the encouraging words. We were hoping to see our car in late August / early September, but we were told today that it will probably be an October production. There goes the summer. But we're willing to wait it out. We're in the Md / Pa area, and fall is a beautiful time of year around here. Hopefully the warm weather will hold on for a bit longer. Keep the encouragement coming.......

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
WOW..... i am sorry to hear that.... i bet it will show up any day...... KEEP POSITIVE....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ata' boy.!!! go to the dealership, I did. I talked to the salesmrg. I plan on goin by this week again...I want to let them know who I am. I am a real person, not just a order number and I WANT MY SKY, AND THAT I GETTING REAL TIRED OF GETTING JERK AROUND. If they say they don't know much because of blah,blah,blah,.Well I would asked them to direct to someone whom can give me the answer that I deserve! like who signs there paychecks.........etc
:rant: .....whew that took alot outta me..........:willy:
I am one pissed off blond women, well over forty, and o yeah and p.m.sing....as well

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I just got an email from someone dealing with the same Saturn dealer as I and he was told he is #1 for a Red Line.
Neither he nor I have any kind of order numbers ... just both :drool: ing and :mad: at the same time.
We wonder how many other #1's there are out there waiting for that phone call ... :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a rant. Thanks for reading everyone. Once again my dealer said SORRY! Nothing we can do. We'll try to see where it is.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Hang in there Rick! It'd be awful to have an anyeruesm just before your car gets delivered after all this waiting :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hope you get it soon...come visit fla.. dont need the top

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's just getting to me because I see summer quickly going by. I'm holding on though. I haven't YELLED at anyone yet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel you pain. My wife and I are having the same issues. Seems no matter where we call we can't get an honest answer. Sounds like you are a lot farther along in the process then I am . Good luck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
rick112 said:
Warning this is a Rant!:rant:

Well I have to say that ordering my Sky has been the worst car experience I've ever had bar none!

As you can see from my Sig. I actually got to order my car in late January. The process has been extreamly slow, customer service doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, the dealer is uninformed and doesn't return calls.

I was told that the car was shipped on July 14th. Now I'm being told it left Ohio only yesterday and that I have another 13 business days to wait. This after being told (by customer service) that the car was scheduled for delivery by the second week of August and then August 4. If I had known the summer was going to be over by the time I got my Sky I'd have ordered the RL! This sux! What a pile of crap!

The car better be worth the wait!!!:leaving:
Hang in there Rick:nono: It will soon be there and you will LOVE IT, and soon forget the long wait..:thumbs:

·
Registered
18,039 Posts
anticipatory anxiety is a terrible thing...we have all experienced it and so empathy is what u get from all of us....I know i waited 15 months since I layed eyes on this beautiful machine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sky wait

I waited 8 months for my car, I too ran into the same brick wall, the Sky is a great car but I wouldn't do it again, your car will come, soon I hope, you will have some of the summer left to enjoy it, hang in there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts