Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
⛳ It had been since 2014 that the last Member posted about fitting Golf Clubs IN their Trunk & WITH the Top Down.
Seven Years later has anyone recently purchased a Stand Bag / Sunday Bag that both FITS the Sky Trunk & can run with the Top down?

If so, what Brand but more important WHAT MODEL?
I'm a hacker... just picking up the game @ 59yo. I do not care about Brands/Labels (would Actually Prefer something like a Ogio Or Tour Gear as my bag of clubs looks like it if from multiple garage sales :p )

Thanks in advance for info & Pic's

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
When I take my car to the course I insert the bag into the passenger foot well and lean it up against the seat. I need all the clubs (14) that I can legally take. I could possibly see a Sunday bag fitting but my long driver would be a no go.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
When I take my car to the course I insert the bag into the passenger foot well and lean it up against the seat. I need all the clubs (14) that I can legally take. I could possibly see a Sunday bag fitting but my long driver would be a no go.
I know that you are aware of this but it bears mentioning: that pressure on the front edge of the passenger seat bottom is a prime cause of PPS failure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...My 07 Redline is my DAILY DRIVER (40-50 miles a day/113K+ H-A-R-D Miles), Where I go, She goes. The top is down 50% of the time. I want to keep my clubs with me. I might be getting a Sunday Loma Stand Bag, but I know people have said that they have fit some type of utra-light bags in the back/ Full Clubs, with the top down.
I carry 10+/-, but could easily leave my #6 Hybrid, the 3-15 & 5-19 fairway woods at home + my gap wedge. That would get me down to 6 or 7 Clubs. My Hybrid Driver is only 43" long so still have hope of fitting everything in the back.🙃

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I know that you are aware of this but it bears mentioning: that pressure on the front edge of the passenger seat bottom is a prime cause of PPS failure.
I actually hadn't given that much thought to the PPS but I'm glad you mentioned it. Depending on how I angle the bag, the majority of the weight is actually on the seat back but I will pay more attention to it now. Thanks. I remember in the good old days with my Alfa Spider I could get a full size bag in the trunk if I pulled my driver out and angled it in just the right direction. I miss not being able to leave the clubs in the trunk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 5 year old Nike bag just fits.... sorry, no idea the model name and probably wouldn't do you any good anyway because of the age. But looking on the Nike website their 'Lite Carry Stand Bag' looks comparable. A lot other bags now have these huge plastic ring/openings that double as a carry handle and I know they would never fit. The bag opening is the biggest point of interference for me - the circumference is 32" so that might be one way of measuring when you are looking. I can fit a couple of loose shoes in the cubby forward of the license plate. That's about it. Any coolers or gear bags have to go in front with me. One other caveat: my driver has been cut down in length... I think a full length driver would have to be removed from the bag before loading and then laid down on top afterwards.
Tire Wheel Blue Automotive tire Landscape
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Shotgun Sneakers

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
We require two sets of golf clubs in our Sky truck with the top also stowed. Our son bought a mini-bag that accommodates half-sets. We sized it up in the trunk and two half-sets will fit. We will be buying two bags. I will post pics and the name of the bag later.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
We require two sets of golf clubs in our Sky truck with the top also stowed. Our son bought a mini-bag that accommodates half-sets. We sized it up in the trunk and two half-sets will fit. We will be buying two bags. I will post pics and the name of the bag later.
CLICK HERE to see the golf bag I was referring to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts