Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading and replying to CalGuy's post of his bad experience, I had to start a new thread about my GOOD experience. There HAS to be more of these than the few unfortunate bad ones,

I have been a Saturn customer for 14 years, starting with a 1992 SC that I bought new (my first new car), and I had to really stetch my dollars to make the payments. I was young, and it was my first time dealing with car salespeople and the whole experience was overwhelming. After looking at many different cars and feeling slimy and dirty from all the old-style slick salemen, I went to Saturn and felt comfortable and welcome. The cars were good, and affordable, even if not overwhlemingly stylish (sorry).

I suppose I bought the SC as much for the value as I did for the no-haggle pricing and the relaxed way I felt when dealing with them. I have no regrets over it, and was 100% satisfied as a consumer. What they wanted to do worked - they found a long term, repeat customer. No matter that I milked that 92 SC for all it was worth (until 2004) - The first place I went when it was time for a new car was Saturn.

I liked the VUE, and still looked at similar cars from other brands, but the Saturn experience and history (with me) won out. I took home a 2004 VUE a few days later.

Sadly, they just didn't have a car to satisfy my need for a 2-seat roadster. I had a Spitfire in 1992, and replaced that with a Miata in 2002. When I saw the Solstice, I was curious, but it just wasn't the styling I wanted. After seeing the SKY this January at the Detroit Auto Show, I ordered one immediately. Saturn finally had what I wanted! I took delivery last Wednesday, and am still high from the experience, and the amazing car that my favorite car company was able to provide!

In each case, the Saturn Dealer and the salesperson I worked with made sure I was informed, comfortable with the transaction, and happy with everything they provided. All in a no-pressure, no-haggle situation that was definitely appreciated by me. If you do not experience this with your Saturn dealer, find another and tell them about the location where you were disappointed.

A thank you to Saturn for 14 years of great cars and service via these Michigan locations:
Saturn of Troy..........(1992 SC Sale and Service)
Saturn of Southfield...(2004 VUE Sale)
Saturn of Clarkston....(My local dealer - service for all my Saturns)
Saturn of Saginaw.....(SKY Sale - Clarkston had stopped taking orders)

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
GByrnes said:
After reading and replying to CalGuy's post of his bad experience, I had to start a new thread about my GOOD experience. There HAS to be more of these than the few unfortunate bad ones...
Thanks for your post. I'm sure there are MUCH more good experiences than bad, with Saturn or any other car dealer. But I disagree with your characterization of the bad ones as just a "few".

A "few" to me might represent 2-3%. Troubling, but not something to warrant congressional action.

I think "bad" experiences with auto dealers keep climbing up the scale... no idea what actual % but definitely higher than 2-3... maybe 20+%.

Besides the extreme price gouging or scamming/unethical behavior some dealers are exhibiting, the Solstice & Sky limited supply compared to demand (and the long lead times resulting from this) has exacerbated what many dealers have always been worst at: Informed, Honest, Timely information.

I'd bet more Sol & Sky dealers than not have pissed off customers because of poor communication... even the dealers selling at MSRP.

So I agree forums typically represent bad experiences totally out of proportion to good ones, and posts like yours help to show the perhaps prevalent "good" side... but only by discussing both good and bad can consumers make informed decisions about products or dealers. And by Manufacturers, Dealer Associations, etc. paying attention to forums, surveys, etc. hopefully they improve fast enough to catch up to those Manufacturers and Dealers that ARE doing things right. The bad ones can't go out of business fast enough to suit me, even if that means less selection or accessible outlets.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great to hear such positive customer feedback! Especially since I have never owned a Saturn. I think its really important to share the good stories so we can all go purchase our Skys from reputable dealers. The dealers that are charging 3,000 to 10,000 dollars in options need to have a big ole empty, blank piece of white paper for a waiting list!!!!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm still in wait mode, but my GM is great.

My sales person is another story. I"m sure that she can sell cars off the lot, but she is too green to handle a car like the SKY or an old fart that knows too much about the car and the ordering process. Every time I have to deal with her, she pi**es me off.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The Dealer at Santa Rosa has been great to me! Both the GM and the sales persons are wonderful and always seem happy to hear from me each week. I do not have my car yet, but I am sure that I will have no problems.

The other 4 saturns I have bought or leased, all have been no hassle or haggle.

I agree I think most Saturn Dealers do live up to the Saturn reputation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.