Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off...hi folks...I'm back home safely from my bike trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway! :thumbs:

Now for the Sky news...stopped at my dealer this afternoon for an update. The good news is...my Sky is sitting at the railyard in Chicago Heights. The bad news is...it's been there since 6/20 and my dealer has no idea when it will get on a truck and get to the dealership. :banghead: My GM is going to call on Monday to see if he can get more info. He says that the truck waits until there are at least 3 cars on it before it will leave the railyard, so that is what the holdup is, apparently. Dealer said that he will try to really push to have it here by this weekend cuz it's been almost a month now that the car was built and I still don't have it yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get that phonecall sometime this week. :willy:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
nscrbug said:
First off...hi folks...I'm back home safely from my bike trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway! :thumbs:

Now for the Sky news...stopped at my dealer this afternoon for an update. The good news is...my Sky is sitting at the railyard in Chicago Heights. The bad news is...it's been there since 6/20 and my dealer has no idea when it will get on a truck and get to the dealership. :banghead: My GM is going to call on Monday to see if he can get more info. He says that the truck waits until there are at least 3 cars on it before it will leave the railyard, so that is what the holdup is, apparently. Dealer said that he will try to really push to have it here by this weekend cuz it's been almost a month now that the car was built and I still don't have it yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get that phonecall sometime this week. :willy:
Welcome back. I'm sure you had a great time.:D

If you were TPW at 5/22 with a status code 3800 as of 5/30 and its been sitting in a rail yard since 6/20 I don’t see how I am getting my Sky within 2 weeks after my TPW of 7/30. That doesn’t seem right does it? It seems like its taking almost a month to get yours after your TPW. My salesman says I will have my Sky 2 weeks after 7/30. Or maybe he doesn’t really know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Same Hellish Boat!

Bra I feel for yeah man! I feel for yeah!

My arrival date: 6/22/06 :D

Todays date: 6/24/06...Do I have my SKY? :mad:

HELL NO I DON'T! :banghead:

After my dealership told me it would be here on Thurs...IT NEVER SHOWED!

It's on the truck...I just think it took a trip to the TWILIGHT ZONE before it arrives sometime in the next few days...

If it doesn't show up by TUES...SATAN HIMSELF is doing to BURST OUT OF ME AT MY DEALERSHIP! :brentil:

There is no ALOHA today! :devil:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Mine took 13 days to arrive at dealer here. I think it sat at the yard in Ft Worth several days. Then it showed up at dealer on a car hauler all by it's lonesome. I was told the the truckdrivers take the longest hauls first, more miles=more money, and mine being less than 25 miles was the last one to be dropped. Dealer had tried in past times to go get cars for depot and drive them to dealer themselves, TEAMSTERS put a big:nono: :nono: to that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dealer had tried in past times to go get cars for depot and drive them to dealer themselves, TEAMSTERS put a big to that.
Now there's a union that deserves to get a 500 million dollar class action lawsuit for price fixing labor rates and screwing the public for the past 60 years.
Oh where is you, Jimmy Hoffa?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Linda,
Glad you are home safely from your blueridge trip - how was your ride?
(Thinking motorcycle talk is the best distraction at this time!!!)
Carlie

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
nscrbug said:

Your dealer could arange with the trucking company to go pick it up at the depot. You can gice him a ride there. All he has to do is call them and make the arangements.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ousoonersgirl said:
Welcome back. I'm sure you had a great time.:D

If you were TPW at 5/22 with a status code 3800 as of 5/30 and its been sitting in a rail yard since 6/20 I don’t see how I am getting my Sky within 2 weeks after my TPW of 7/30. That doesn’t seem right does it? It seems like its taking almost a month to get yours after your TPW. My salesman says I will have my Sky 2 weeks after 7/30. Or maybe he doesn’t really know. :rolleyes:
It's posible, but he really doesn't know. He's just assuming.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blueskygal said:
Linda,
Carlie

Thanks Carlie...the ride was awesome. I logged 2,332 miles total for the trip. Saw 1 silver Solstice in Blowing Rock, NC...but saw tons of MG's on the Parkway and on The Dragon...pretty sure there was an MG rally going on that week.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deluke said:
Your dealer could arange with the trucking company to go pick it up at the depot. You can gice him a ride there. All he has to do is call them and make the arangements.

My GM said that they used to be able to have that option (picking the cars up themselves)...but can no longer do that. I've waited this long already...what's a few more days at this point. :willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
nscrbug said:
My GM said that they used to be able to have that option (picking the cars up themselves)...but can no longer do that. I've waited this long already...what's a few more days at this point. :willy:
They are doing it with the Solstice if your dealer is willing. You have to contact the trucking company not general motors or Saturn. I'm sure it can be done on the Sky also.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:

Glad to have you back...
YIKES no car! Abandoned in a railyard yet. You tell him to send an E&R towing rig (platform -- not hook!) to deliver your car to you!
I hope you get a call Monday morning ...

Hope you had a good time

·
Registered
86 Posts
blueskygal said:
Linda,
Carlie

Carlie, enough with the m/c talk, we gotta get ya a bike!!!
Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts