Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From pg. 22 "The 2007 turbocharged Solstice will have enough juice to compete with the BMW's Z4....The intercooler and dual exhausts [which look really cool] give away this car which is set to show about summer of 2006 as a 2007 model. The 2.2-liter turbo four, connected to a six-speed manual, makes about 240 horsepower. Saturn's Sky roadster, which also hits the streets as a 2007, will get both engines as well." :cheers: :D Just when I thought I coudn't get more excited about this car... :willy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
240 hp sounds good.. but a 500 hp LS7 SKY is too much.. which is just enough for me.. saving my duckets for that rocket.

·
Registered
432 Posts
geerhed said:
240 hp sounds good.. but a 500 hp LS7 SKY is too much.. which is just enough for me.. saving my duckets for that rocket.
well put. someone else who is willing to throw away all that money for a car that is too much for everyone else. :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm....I wonder if this might put some pressure on Mazda to bring out a Mazdaspeed version of the new Miata more quickly.

So far the RX-8 has been out about 2 years and still no MS version. I don't want to wait 3 years to see what the MS Miata might look like.

I'm hoping for rotary power. Otherwise it will be hard to say no to the Sky. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Jerome81 said:
I'm hoping for rotary power. Otherwise it will be hard to say no to the Sky. :D
nah, mazda wont use the rotory for the MS miata. if they decide to go ahead with the rx7 comeback, then maybe a rotory, but typically the MS miata was always turbo'd.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Canman said:
From pg. 22 "The 2007 turbocharged Solstice will have enough juice to compete with the BMW's Z4....The intercooler and dual exhausts [which look really cool] give away this car which is set to show about summer of 2006 as a 2007 model. The 2.2-liter turbo four, connected to a six-speed manual, makes about 240 horsepower. Saturn's Sky roadster, which also hits the streets as a 2007, will get both engines as well." :cheers: :D Just when I thought I coudn't get more excited about this car... :willy:
Let's just hope GM can keep it around $27k for the Red Line

·
Registered
245 Posts
lol, that's really quite funny... i was just in my saturn dealership yesterday, and they said it would use the same engine as their ion redline (2.0L supercharged) and he even said "the internet is probably the best resource for new information" lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
101jinx101 said:
lol, that's really quite funny... i was just in my saturn dealership yesterday, and they said it would use the same engine as their ion redline (2.0L supercharged) and he even said "the internet is probably the best resource for new information" lol
You should ask that guy if they have to do anything special to the engine to make it RWD from FWD, or if they can just turn it (answer is you cannot just turn it)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yep, the internet is prolly the best source of information, especially since even the print mags seem to be picking info off the internet. and picking wrong info while they are at it.

I think the mags may be adding an extra speed to the tranny.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I guess we will all know, for sure, what transmission is in it when we can go to a dealer and put our hand on the shift knob. As for the Engine, as long as they offer a Turbocharged one that makes over 230 HP, I don't really care what it is, or the exact number it makes. I'd even settle for a Supercharger.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I guess we will all know, for sure, what transmission is in it when we can go to a dealer and put our hand on the shift knob. As for the Engine, as long as they offer a Turbocharged one that makes over 230 HP, I don't really care what it is, or the exact number it makes. I'd even settle for a Supercharger.....

The magic number GM has to match or beat is 240 HP (Honda and Porsche) currently. Expect to see just over 250 HP as both BMW and Honda will be up'ing their power plants a little come 2007. We should be in the middle of a Roadster power war come 2007 with BMW, Mazda, Honda, and Porsche all trying to be Big Dog (well maybe not Mazda).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Delnari said:
The magic number GM has to match or beat is 240 HP (Honda and Porsche) currently. Expect to see just over 250 HP as both BMW and Honda will be up'ing their power plants a little come 2007. We should be in the middle of a Roadster power war come 2007 with BMW, Mazda, Honda, and Porsche all trying to be Big Dog (well maybe not Mazda).
yep! its gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. I agree with everything you said.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Delnari said:
Depends greatly on what engine they use for a Mazdaspeed version of the new MX-5. Because the AWD Mazdaspeed6 coming out as a 2006 model is using a Turbocharged version of the 2.3L i4 engine that produces 274 HP & 280 lbs-ft of Torque. I don't expect to see that engine in the MX-5, but some sort of Turbocharged 2.0L could more then likely easily break the 200 HP mark finally for the MX-5. It might not have the power levels equal to the others, but it's lighter weight could help compensate some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm - BMW or Saturn? No reason to think too long on this one: it's a Beemer anyday!

However if I was going to spend $27K on a topless beauty - I'd be looking at a Used Porsche 911 Cabrio first, or possible get a 928 and have the top chopped - for less - Stramman could get it done.

·
Registered
250 Posts
1skyway said:
Hmmm - BMW or Saturn? No reason to think too long on this one: it's a Beemer anyday!

However if I was going to spend $27K on a topless beauty - I'd be looking at a Used Porsche 911 Cabrio first, or possible get a 928 and have the top chopped - for less - Stramman could get it done.
Porsche is overated, I wouldn't purchase one, had an Audi.. that's probably as german as I'm gonna get.. great car.. when it worked.. my brother is a big porsche fan (has two) but it's not my idea of a pretty car. So as far as beauty, there's very little out there that I think will compare to the Sky/Sol in that price (specially if new).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts