Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my salesperson called me today with my order number (ordered on 8/5), that is the good news. My only fear is that the car will be produced and delivered while I am out of the country in Europe for three weeks in September. She said that I should be fine, my car should not come while I am out of the country, but I'm the worrying type...

I'm a little nervous because with the constraints on manuals, I wonder if they are building orders for automatics quicker. All of this is a concern because my dealer will not hold the car for me if it arrives before I return home on September 26th -- I'd hate to place a deposit, get excited (already bought my DLO Transpod, new USC alumni plate, "Yes this is a Sky" plate for the front, and other goodies for the Sky). Any idea on the current time frame from order to delivery (on the West Coast)?

Anyone able to calm my fears?:confused: I know I'm spazzing, it should probably arrive around Halloween which would be fine...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think it's unlikely your car will arrive prior to Sept 26th. But, even if somehow it did, I'm sure they'd hold it for at least a week. Don't worry, it looks like you'll be receiving a nice present a few weeks after you return. BTW, how are you getting all that to fit on a plate?

·
Registered
229 Posts
stacib said:
Anyone able to calm my fears?:confused: I know I'm spazzing, it should probably arrive around Halloween which would be fine...
Staci,

I can't be sure, but I bet you will be fine. A lot depends on the build date, but even so, it could take a few weeks or more from the time it is built before it reaches your dealership in California.

Has your salesperson confirmed where you are on the dealership's waiting list? Did your salesperson give you the Halloween estimate? Have you been assigned a VIN yet?

Many of us have already been waiting for quite a while. I have been waiting for three months and I have only moved from number 13 to number 7 on the dealer waiting list.

I hope that your car comes in more quickly and you are able to get it in October, but unless there was no waiting list at all at your dealership, I think September is unlikely.

The best thing you can do is to keep in touch with the dealership and try to get the most updated information possible. Once you know the actual build date, it will be much easier to get a delivery estimate. Until then, it is just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Relax Staci, only good things happen to Red Sox fans.....because we know that after 2004, ANYTHING is possible!:D :D
I'm sure your "Shadow" will be right next to you when you come home. Trust me.:lol: BUT...if you need a "Shadow Sitter" I am sure somone here will assist!:lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cuinoz -- I'm still jealous of your avatar...and speaking of the Sox (oops, perhaps off topic?) I fly to Boston tomorrow to spend some time in one of my fave cities, and to be in town for the first game against the Yankees on Friday. Can't say I'm thrilled that my tickets are for Wang vs. Jason Johnson. Sheesh. So much for my Randy Johnson/Curt Schilling dream match up!

Uh oh, I'm in danger of being too off topic. Umm, the Sky rules! And I thought about naming it Papi!:)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
stacib said:
Well, my salesperson called me today with my order number (ordered on 8/5), that is the good news. My only fear is that the car will be produced and delivered while I am out of the country in Europe for three weeks in September. She said that I should be fine, my car should not come while I am out of the country, but I'm the worrying type...

I'm a little nervous because with the constraints on manuals, I wonder if they are building orders for automatics quicker. All of this is a concern because my dealer will not hold the car for me if it arrives before I return home on September 26th -- I'd hate to place a deposit, get excited (already bought my DLO Transpod, new USC alumni plate, "Yes this is a Sky" plate for the front, and other goodies for the Sky). Any idea on the current time frame from order to delivery (on the West Coast)?

You should be ok seeing you just placed your order. But see my PM. I'll check it for you. But you can check one thing out, in some states they have to hold your car and not sell it by law for 5 day's. That might make you feel better.

Plus to make you feel even better it normally takes 3/4 week to ship to CA.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The dealership may be concerned with "floor paln" expenses for the time the car is sitting. Were it me I would offer, in writing, to pay the months floor plan interest charge. See what they say then. If the sales manager won't help, go to the g.m. or owner and try to work out the situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts