Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to see some good black/tan interior pictures. The Sky website has nothing as far as blakc/tan. Could someone please post some pics or point me in the right direction?

Also for those lucky owners that already have their Skys and who have the black/red interiors; is your steering wheel a slightly different tone then the dash and door inserts? I remember seeing a preproduction Sky and those differet shades of red really stood out.

I would also be concerned that after a couple years the dash, steering wheel, and door inserts would all fade at different rates. Eventually you would end up with a black and three shades of red interior.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
46 views and no one has any tan/black pictures?

·
Registered
474 Posts
bradyb said:
46 views and no one has any tan/black pictures?
I've been looking for some for ya bradyb....the gallery has some but they aren't very good res. Did you look in there?

I haven't had time (gee work can get in the way sometimes! :lol:) to look anywhere else.

Somebody help a potential SKY owner out - okay!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would help you out if I had my SKY; see my signature.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Black/Tan

If this helps, heres a picture of Black on Tan interior on a Red exterior.:thumbs: Top is also tan.
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Two More Black/Tan Interior

For what it's worth, here's two more shots, however, on red! My last convertible was tan on black. Black seats are just too hot in FL.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
gonna have one you can see

bradyb said:
I would really like to see some good black/tan interior pictures. The Sky website has nothing as far as blakc/tan. Could someone please post some pics or point me in the right direction?

Hey Brady ...will be taking delivery soon so you can see it at 'our' dealer...will let you know when.
It's tan on black/ tan and black

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
bradyb said:
I would also be concerned that after a couple years the dash, steering wheel, and door inserts would all fade at different rates. Eventually you would end up with a black and three shades of red interior.
One thing to remember is that the dash in the production cars are not red... all dashes, be it in a red, tan or black accented car will be black.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luke Sky Watcher said:
For what it's worth, here's two more shots, however, on red! My last convertible was tan on black. Black seats are just too hot in FL.
Thanks Luke!

java43 said:
Hey Brady ...will be taking delivery soon so you can see it at 'our' dealer...will let you know when.
It's tan on black/ tan and black
Oh really, shoot me a PM when she comes in.

todaresqSL2 said:
One thing to remember is that the dash in the production cars are not red... all dashes, be it in a red, tan or black accented car will be black.
Thats really good to know.

Thanks a ton guys!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
GodWhomIsMike said:
Can you get a tan interior with a black top?

Not from the factory...it's not an option. I suppose, if you had the cash to do it, you could order a seperate black top and have it installed in place of the tan one.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
Thanks for the pics. As you can see from my signiture, I've ordered close to the same car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
nscrbug said:
Not from the factory...it's not an option. I suppose, if you had the cash to do it, you could order a seperate black top and have it installed in place of the tan one.
That's the only possibility. I think the after a time in use the tan top looks a little more worn than the black one.
Does someone know the price of the spare part "black cloth top" that you'll need if the top is worn out after several years and the costs to change it?
I asked this in the discussion on TexSon's green car, but nobody seems to know.

·
Registered
266 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
That's the only possibility. I think the after a time in use the tan top looks a little more worn than the black one.
Does someone know the price of the spare part "black cloth top" that you'll need if the top is worn out after several years and the costs to change it?
I asked this in the discussion on TexSon's green car, but nobody seems to know.
have you seen the two colors by this maker and know that the tan doesn't look as good after awhile?? schiese! i have a tan coming..:banghead:

·
Registered
422 Posts
java43 said:
have you seen the two colors by this maker and know that the tan doesn't look as good after awhile?? schiese! i have a tan coming..:banghead:
Just my personell taste, don't know the long term qualitily of the Hartz ragtops, just my experience with the european manufactored tops.
Anyway if it won't look fine after some years no problem - buy a bottle of cloth colour and paint it black! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts