Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this past wed I got to take a ride in the Redline Sky. I've been so anxious about this car, not only to come out, but hoping that it was a significant enough upgrade to be noticeable and worth it over the base.

It was mated to the 5-speed auto (blah) but the car has some balls. The engine makes a mean little growl, and the turbo make the coolest little "chirp" sound when you would get on it, and then let off real quick. The car is QUICK, even in auto form, and does push ya back in the seat a bit. Handles nice, of course. I LOVE, LOVE the dual exhaust.

Cant wait to get mine.

Sorry my post is kinda rambling lol.....still excited about the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:cool: What a lucky guy! That would be like winning a drawing to get a courtesy ride around the Indy track. Great sunny thread to start what is a rainy day here outside.
Ok, tread mill, coffee and Sunday paper time. :thumbs:

·
Registered
684 Posts
How were you able to ride in one. Was it a promotion or something?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Was it black? I saw a black one on 96 last Tuesday. He was passing people left and right! Wish I had mine!!:) :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Just this past wed I got to take a ride in the Redline Sky. I've been so anxious about this car, not only to come out, but hoping that it was a significant enough upgrade to be noticeable and worth it over the base.

It was mated to the 5-speed auto (blah) but the car has some balls. The engine makes a mean little growl, and the turbo make the coolest little "chirp" sound when you would get on it, and then let off real quick. The car is QUICK, even in auto form, and does push ya back in the seat a bit. Handles nice, of course. I LOVE, LOVE the dual exhaust.

Cant wait to get mine.

Sorry my post is kinda rambling lol.....still excited about the whole thing.

Just thought I would post to show off my dual exhaust avatar

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How were you able to ride in one. Was it a promotion or something?
Hehe, my roomate's boyfriend is one of the engineers for the Solstice/Sky an C6 Vette. He specifically deals with the top designs, and actually, was testing a more durable top that will withstand 142mph. The car actually was the navy color with the black/tan interior, but he had taken off the original tan top and had put the more resilient black one on for testing.

I basically lucked out. Up until the big GM shakedown of a few months back, he was on midsize trucks (TrailBlazer/Envoy, etc.) and he was moved to a completely foriegn program (the sol/sky, vette) then. I think I was more geeked then he was when I heard. :D

Ive been waiting for him to get one, and was extremely excited when he told me about the redline. I couldnt drive that one, but hopefully down the line he will be able to let me. I'll keep ya posted!

P.S. I REALLY wanted to get some pics, but I JUST lost my mini-sd card in my phone. But it was pretty low-key, if I didnt know what to look for I wouldnt of known.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
I infer from your post and avatar you have taken delivery, correct?

If so, please provide a review--we're all anxious to hear.
No delivery, no review just a good hand at photoshop on a regular sky :) I am still 6 months away.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hehe, my roomate's boyfriend is one of the engineers for the Solstice/Sky an C6 Vette. He specifically deals with the top designs, and actually, was testing a more durable top that will withstand 142mph. The car actually was the navy color with the black/tan interior, but he had taken off the original tan top and had put the more resilient black one on for testing.

I basically lucked out. Up until the big GM shakedown of a few months back, he was on midsize trucks (TrailBlazer/Envoy, etc.) and he was moved to a completely foriegn program (the sol/sky, vette) then. I think I was more geeked then he was when I heard. :D

Ive been waiting for him to get one, and was extremely excited when he told me about the redline. I couldnt drive that one, but hopefully down the line he will be able to let me. I'll keep ya posted!

P.S. I REALLY wanted to get some pics, but I JUST lost my mini-sd card in my phone. But it was pretty low-key, if I didnt know what to look for I wouldnt of known.
Thank's for the info...I was just curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts