Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope this isn't a way to make enemies with my first post, but I have been lurking and finally decided to register. I got my Sky here in Ellicott City, MD yesterday. It's silver pearl, automatic (does that make me a puss lol?) and the only extra I opted for was the limited slip differential. Of course it rained all day yesterday and today it was like 60 degrees, but I had to drive with the top down today!!! I love this car!

I was initially thinking of pursuing the Solstice having seen it on The Apprentice. I got discouraged at the wait and seeming lack of immediate availabiltiy and was lamenting on the fact that Saturn didn't have a convertible. I went to the website and my jaw dropped when I saw SKY - coming in the Spring. This was November. I called my dealer and told him to do ANYTHING he needed to do to ensure I got the first one. He told me that he could start a list and put me at the top.

Well, working 10 hour days and weekends for overtime money has paid off and I finally have my dream car!!! Here's a big F U to the Solstice!

Shall I post pics? I'm happy to, but it looks just like all the promo pics since it's silver with black.

·
Registered
176 Posts
good for you .i also live in maryland,balto co.have my money down on the redline...enjoy and be safe. did you hear that,he took delivery of an auto...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats!

Glad to hear another's wishes fulfilled! Enjoy enjoy! Do post pics, it's always nice to see more pics! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Congratulations!!! :jester:

So, no leather??? :eek:

You would be the first one here without the Premium Trim Pkg that I know of... :thumbs:

PICTURES??? :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SKY Spy said:
Congratulations!!! :jester:

So, no leather??? :eek:

You would be the first one here without the Premium Trim Pkg that I know of... :thumbs:

PICTURES??? :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
Na - leather is too high maintenance and I don't relish the idea of adhering to the seat in the summer!

I was very happy that the basic package offered so much making it very economical. Am I missing much by not having the premium trim package?

I'll post pics as soon as I can. I noticed that most others didn't have plates on their cars, is it a bad idea to show my plates or should I obscure them? Being born in NY I shouldn't be so naive, but it's no big deal if people see my tags here, is it???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Den1226 said:
Na - leather is too high maintenance and I don't relish the idea of adhering to the seat in the summer!

I was very happy that the basic package offered so much making it very economical. Am I missing much by not having the premium trim package?

I'll post pics as soon as I can. I noticed that most others didn't have plates on their cars, is it a bad idea to show my plates or should I obscure them? Being born in NY I shouldn't be so naive, but it's no big deal if people see my tags here, is it???

Welcome and don't fret about the tags..we all post them! If your new..put SKYEPILOT on ignore...all she or he post about is our cars are "CUTE" HE?SHE thinks are car is a chick car! We already gave HE?SHE a big FU..but pile on if you like!

·
Registered
277 Posts
From one Marylander to another...Congratulations! :cheers:

·
Registered
410 Posts
:thumbs: :thumbs: Congratulations from Richmond Va. Looking for the announcement of the MID-ATLANTIC Sky Club so our new additions can be together again:cool: :cool:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congrats! And they just love pics here-so don't deprive them! That would be the only way you might upset anyone:lol: Welcome to the celebrity life-just smile and wave and enjoy your car!!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NCBlue said:
Congrats! And they just love pics here-so don't deprive them! That would be the only way you might upset anyone:lol: Welcome to the celebrity life-just smile and wave and enjoy your car!!:D
I saw Skypilot's past posts - it's all good. We all know how cool the Sky really is. I will try to take some pics when I get home. It is a nice sunny day for once!

Is it easy to upload pics to the forum?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Den1226 said:
I saw Skypilot's past posts - it's all good. We all know how cool the Sky really is. I will try to take some pics when I get home. It is a nice sunny day for once!

Is it easy to upload pics to the forum?

Greetings fellow Maryland'er. Congrats on the getting your new SKY. Post some pics...we want to see everyone's new "baby" and never get tired of seeing one. I'm curious how your SKY looks with the front license plates on. Where did you have the dealer place it?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Den1226 said:

I have found one benifit with leather, I was driving along and there was ome road construction, they were grinding the concrete and when a Semi passed me it sprayed the concrete mush all over me and the car inside and out, I had some wet wipes in the glove compartment and all i had to do was wipe everything down and it came right off... with cloth it may have been a much worse outcome...
Well without the premimun package you are missing the metallic Sill plates, the metallic pedals, and the steering wheel controls for the stereo.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Den1226 said:
Ok - here are the pics!!!!
PICTURES OF THE CLOTH SEATS! THEY DO EXIST!

Thanks much for the pictures! Shes a beauty!

And... Nothing wrong with the Automatic (to quote you it does not make you a "puss") -- the Snoopy floormats on the other hand...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts