Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Sky today. One little suprise, a price adjustment, the price went down!. The XM radio price is now $199 instead of $325.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sweet! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That's IT I would have gone ballistic!!

You have to complain directly to... er..
oh..
cool
WAY cool!
:cheers:

Conga-Rats on your SKY and a less expensive XM!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
tjfox said:
Picked up my Sky today. One little suprise, a price adjustment, the price went down!. The XM radio price is now $199 instead of $325.
Now that's interesting. Is that "price adjustment" something only your dealer is doing...or is this adjustment across the board and something that all of us that ordered XM will see?

BTW...congrats!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rwood411 said:
Just curious, is the wheel rubbing problem still happening?
As far as I know the "wheel rub" is gone. Builds after --- (help me folks) Mid-March had the fix done to them...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats!!! :cheers:
What a great suprise - a lower price than expected. Your beautiful Sky and more money in your wallet - it doesn't get better than that!!!
Can't wait to see pictures.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
nscrbug said:
Now that's interesting. Is that "price adjustment" something only your dealer is doing...or is this adjustment across the board and something that all of us that ordered XM will see?

BTW...congrats!
There was a thread either here or SF... I think that as of a certain date in May, all SKY & Solstice XM radio prices went down.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
There was a thread either here or SF... I think that as of a certain date in May, all SKY & Solstice XM radio prices went down.
Cool!!! Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm glad they are finally adjusting that price down, it was way too high. Today with rebates, the entire XM delphi unit with car kit is as little as $59. It seemed ridiculous paying $325 just to have it included in the head unit. I did order it though. I guess I wanted the "cleaner" look with it built in. The new Roady unit and a new one that's come out, are very small and would work nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
CONGRATS!!!

I ordered an XM too and got the same news.

They built mine yesterday, I should have it in 5-10 days. Sweeeeet!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No wheel rub on mine. Looks like a different design on the area that protrudes then what I saw on an earlier VIN number car.

Lots of people looking and heads snapping as I drive by.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
You have to complain directly to... er..
oh..
cool
WAY cool!
:cheers:

Conga-Rats on your SKY and a less expensive XM!:cheers:
HAHAH!!!

tjfox said:

As for a cheaper XM... THEY SHOULD LOWER THE PRICE... I thought it was very overpriced considering the cost of an addon XM radio and the fact the attenna is already included.

Sure, 3 free months of XM comes with the price but it didn't seem to be a very justifiable pricetag. Im sure the shareholders of XM are happy too, it gets more potential subscribers and valuable customers.

XM is a great addition though (even at the price I paid) and the interface on the OEM Sky stereo is very nice, you can have presets set for XM and AM/FM on the same preset "page".

Happy Sky'ing to the new owner.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Hmmm... I wonder if sales on the XM radio option haven't been as good as expected. In all the photos I've seen on the site I haven't noted any XM radio antennas. I know it's small and in the area of the OnStar antenna.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
rick112 said:
Hmmm... I wonder if sales on the XM radio option haven't been as good as expected. In all the photos I've seen on the site I haven't noted any XM radio antennas. I know it's small and in the area of the OnStar antenna.
I was under the impression that they were one in the same (Onstar and XM antenna). :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just ordered.

tjfox said:
I just joined the group. Some members have listed the date of the order, order number, build date and ship date. How is this information obtained? Through your dealer or on line? The order was placed May 18th. I can't wait.

·
Registered
246 Posts
nscrbug said:
I was under the impression that they were one in the same (Onstar and XM antenna). :confused:
Yep, you are correct - one and the same. I wonder if the wiring from the satellite antenna runs to the dash just waiting to be hooked up to an external unit. The connector would have to be the same as what delphi offers for it to work. I believe it cannot be extended or soldered to to extend. The reason why I ordered it with the radio.

·
Registered
178 Posts
congrats!!!!!!!!!

good for you!!!!!!congrats and enjoy the ride!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts