Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got approval letter from Texas Hiway Dept. It is official, I have the plate TEXSKY for my baby. Will pick them up next week or so!!:thumbs: All you Texan and all my Sky cousins, if you see a Silverpearl SKY hittin it down the interstate with TEXSKY license, pull me over and say high, because it is your old buddy ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good deal, glad to hear it... :thumbs:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool! I got a letter from the DMV yesterday, my plate "SKYRIDE" is ready and waiting for me. Now all I need is a car to put it on. :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
That is great...... my plates should be here shortly also... maybe just about the same time.... how awesome would that be?....... i think we all have picked out great plates for our BABIES.:thumbs: ... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
azote said:
that is great! I'm waiting on mine ....
I didn't want to deal with transferring later and then getting another plate for the other car
Oh... i didnt mind ordering them for one of our older cars.... the switch will be easy... and..... we are selling that car to one of our daughters... well, actually.... we just decided to GIVE... each of the kids the cars they were buying from us.............. Emily got the Contour..Fauna got the Cutlass....Bob got the Cavalier...Andy got the 68 mustang.... and Sam gets the tracker.... so, we still got the BLACK VUE... BLACK AVALANCHE... and now my baby... THE BLACK SKY....... CANT WAIT....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ernest said:
Got approval letter from Texas Hiway Dept. It is official, I have the plate TEXSKY for my baby. Will pick them up next week or so!!:thumbs: All you Texan and all my Sky cousins, if you see a Silverpearl SKY hittin it down the interstate with TEXSKY license, pull me over and say high, because it is your old buddy ERNEST:thumbs:
Hey ernest, cool ride, and was wondering if you had to have your vehicle in possession to order your plate? In AZ, you must have the Vin, and Lic #?

Enjoy your SKY..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats Ernest ! Enjoy your ride ! Cool !! :cool: :cool: :D

My plate is reserved under the VIN of an existing car, as soon as I get the SKY VIN from the system I can assign it to the SKY, order the plates and have them inhand before the SKY gets here. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
azote said:
that is great! I'm waiting on mine ....
I didn't want to deal with transferring later and then getting another plate for the other car
The Arkansas system works great. You don't have to have the car to order a custom plate. They put my choice in the computer and was able to tell me immediately that it was available. You order the plate and it is ready in about 3 months and they will hold it for you for 1 year.
When I get the car I will go in with my VIN and pick them up. Here customized plates are $25 a year.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Custom Plate

Got this plate approved last year when I wasn't even thinking about buying a Sky. But when my last car got totaled in an accident, I think my feelings about the Sky I ordered March 11th can be summed up in one word (which also happens to be the same word on my custom plate: BUZZED).

Will get the plate transferred over to my new Sky when it arrives (hopefully early to mid-May).

Hey I live in Alaska. There's only ONE Saturn dealer in the entire state, and I got number 2 of 2 allocations. And one of those will remain at the dealership here in Anchorage as a showroom demo (long after I've driven mine away). I'll probably be the only person with a Sky in the entire state for at least 6 months or so!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Drive it with pride. Skip....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
GRinLR said:
The Arkansas system works great. You don't have to have the car to order a custom plate. They put my choice in the computer and was able to tell me immediately that it was available. You order the plate and it is ready in about 3 months and they will hold it for you for 1 year.
When I get the car I will go in with my VIN and pick them up. Here customized plates are $25 a year.
Arizona only charges $25 bucks too. Mine will be here in 3-4 weeks (MY07SKY) Will just take it to dealers when she comes in..... :thumbs:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Skip said:
Drive it with pride. Skip....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Hey thanks Skip. :cheers:

p.s. by the way, I haven't figured out how to put an avatar with my name on this system. inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyRaider said:

p.s. by the way, I haven't figured out how to put an avatar with my name on this system. inquiring minds want to know.

Gotta be on the forum for 30 days AND have 30 posts in order to have an avatar. I'm waiting to hit 30 days too. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Ernest said:
That's great, I'll keep an eye out for it. :cool: When you going to take a tour south to the cross roads of Texas?

·
Registered
275 Posts
TexSon said:
That's great, I'll keep an eye out for it. :cool: When you going to take a tour south to the cross roads of Texas?
Good question! I keep telling Ernest that Houston is not that far! Come on down! We'll meet up for some bar-b-que and I can get a good look at his gorgeous car!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyRaider said:

30 posts goes by fast, the thirty days does drag a little bit. What I do is read all the past posts and get caught up . Took me 2days in evenings, now it takes me1 hour at night to catch up. Skip .. hooked on this invigorating forum... :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ernest said:
Hi,

Just got approval for my SKY GUY plate. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts