Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
received a call today pm from my salesman, my image is in.......i'm on my way....ordered silver pearl, 5sp, cloth, polished wheels, lsd...deposit since march 6.........he said there were still restrictions on the chrome and automatics...and also, i wanted an ashtray, but they no longer have that option available....he said it would be about 2 to4 weeks....by all the posts i read here everyday i expect it to be longer......but at least now i know it will come in the near future, one hurdle done, the next to come......i'm so excited......thanks to all that kept me informed on their cars and lives, i have really learned alot here.....it's amost become an obsession to read this forum everyday.....i hope to continue to read and enjoy......love yall

barb
beaumont,tx

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats on getting your image...now the really hard part comes...the loooooooooooong wait :lol: :willy: I'm really surprised that your dealer told you 2-4 weeks?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :nono: That's why this forum is such an invaluable source for honest and straight forward information. I wish dealers wouldn't give customers an unrealistic timeframe for receiving their Skys...as that just gets your hopes up too high and results in frustration. :banghead:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on your image. I hope you will enjoy your car as much as I am planning on enjoying mine. I am also playing the waiting game. Good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As usual I have been doing the math -- It DOES seem the factory is building faster I have seen one poster (no names) whose car imaged-built-released to shipper in 22 days....:cheers: However :eek: -- they still don't have the car and it has been 3 weeks. :banghead:
Shipping still seems to be the big hold up (either just shipping or extensive QC ):rolleyes: :confused:
So 2-4 weeks to built -- I can see that -- and another 4-5 weeks to ship!:mad:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
As usual I have been doing the math -- It DOES seem the factory is building faster I have seen one poster (no names) whose car imaged-built-released to shipper in 22 days....:cheers: However :eek: -- they still don't have the car and it has been 3 weeks. :banghead:
Shipping still seems to be the big hold up (either just shipping or extensive QC ):rolleyes: :confused:
Imaged: 3/3
Built: 3/17
Shipped: 3/22
Delivered: 4/10:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
mglindo said:
Imaged: 3/3
Built: 3/17
Shipped: 3/22
Delivered: 4/10:D
I have to say...I think you may be THE exception to the rule here...:lol: I'm still floored at how fast (from image to delivery) you got your Sky. :eek: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Congrats barb, another Texan on board:thumbs: BTW I ordered an ashtray accesory kit from my parts department, it has a lighter, and ashtray that fits into cup holder!! I plan not to smoke in my basby though, but a nice option tio have on hand. I use cigerrette lighter for radar detector power, smoke anytime, cops are out 24/7. BTW Valentine 1 radar detector"s rule. Perfect for my SKY!!!!!!!!!

If I can be of any help to you in the difficult weeks of waiting ahead, PM me anytime. I might could be of some help in answering your questions.:cheers:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Way to go, barb! Yesterday Tony told me mine is 12 days out...we'll see!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
:cheers: Congrats - We Texans really need to get together some how to show off our Skys!:D The only question is, with a state this big, where!:lol:

·
Registered
337 Posts
So From Image To In Driveway?

SO can anyone tell me pretty much....

From the time your car is IMAGED...

How long does it usually take for you to pick up your car?

A month or what?

My car was just imaged...how long would you say I have until my hand is on the shifter?

Anyone have a good idea? :willy:

Thanks all,

RedSky

·
Registered
182 Posts
REDSKY said:
My car was just imaged...how long would you say I have until my hand is on the shifter? RedSky
Your hand will likely be on the telephone dial for quite a while until it gets to wrap around the shifter! :lol: (actually, not funny !)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats barb !!

I think you've gotten past the hard part, which was not knowing if you were even going to get in the loop. Now you've at least got an image in, so it's on the way at least !

I would ask the dealer nicely, hopefully wouldn't take but once or twice, if they could provide you with the 6 digit order number. This would at least give you something tangible to hang on to, and then you've got your 'claim' on your Sky.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Yep, my dealer said the same 1) Chrome wheels 2) trains. I will try to find out what the deal is with trains and railyards.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will ask what my order number is, but doesn't it sit for a couple of days until it is accepted? how long should i wait to call?

Ernest,
i need to ask you about the ashtray you ordered from the parts dept....can you give me the item number? Also, does it get in the way?......i have heard here that the cup holders pop up.easily......how does it fit? did you install it or saturn do it?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
REDSKY said:
SO can anyone tell me pretty much....

From the time your car is IMAGED...

How long does it usually take for you to pick up your car?

A month or what?

My car was just imaged...how long would you say I have until my hand is on the shifter?

Anyone have a good idea? :willy:

Thanks all,

RedSky
Honestly? about 3-4 weeks to get a VIN then a week 10 days to build and it has been 2-4 weeks for delivery... Add that up.... say 10 weeks.... Now that is just recently as one person here put his order in Jan 20 something and is waiting.....

Wanna bet on a day?

·
Registered
337 Posts
10 weeks???????????????????????

So RICK.....

Are you telling me production TODAY on the sky is still going slow as it was when they just started production?????

Don't you think Production has jumped up a little?

They told me from the get go I would have the car in May...with your out look it seems like June....:mad:

How about I mark a date of May 20 :) and lets see what happens just for the heck of it....but like us all I'm not holding my breath....If I dont have this thing before July I would most likely Cancel my order (hoping my deposit is returned) and be first on the list for the REDLINE in Fall...at least then I would have it before next Summer....again...not holding my breath on that either!

Is this why GM is going into the crapper?

RedSky

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The car gets built pretty quickly. (This is all very, very scien-tiffic of course) You hard core Sky Fans had to wait for the plant to start rolling, but now that it has and has been going for a few weeks, no doubt things are moving. All of the hangups lately aside from the supplier issues with red leather and tires seem to be related to shipping. My dealer tells me their demo is sitting in a railyard north of Atlanta. Saturn won't even let the dealer go fetch the car. I know some folks who work in high up places at train company and I will pick his brain today about why cars sit so long. I have also again been told Saturn is building 10,000 of this first run and that is it. Wonder if that includes the redline?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
REDSKY said:
So RICK.....

Are you telling me production TODAY on the sky is still going slow as it was when they just started production?????

Don't you think Production has jumped up a little?

They told me from the get go I would have the car in May...with your out look it seems like June....:mad:

How about I mark a date of May 20 :) and lets see what happens just for the heck of it....but like us all I'm not holding my breath....If I dont have this thing before July I would most likely Cancel my order (hoping my deposit is returned) and be first on the list for the REDLINE in Fall...at least then I would have it before next Summer....again...not holding my breath on that either!

Is this why GM is going into the crapper?

RedSky
I am only relating what we see and yes the 10 week estimate is a HUGE improvement from 12-15 weeks at first.
I am being optomistic with 6-8 weeks but tending toward the 8. Also -- the build part has shortened but the delivery rate is still slow.... They could build your car today and it does not get shipped for a few weeks... That is due to a small volume car. They won't ship until they have a full truck/railcar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts