Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my image today!! Well.. not sure yet but I called the sales guy to get updates and he said my order's in.. waiting for paperwork and more accurate date of production. Hope he's being honest.. will have to stop by later to speak face to face.

The downer is... he said in order for me to place my order.. I have to upgrade to the chrome rims for 600 bucks.. because they ran out of the regular rims.. I think this is B.S. but i told him it's fine. I was planning to buy my own rims aftermarket for a lil higher price....

Also.. the Enviromental package... the tint.. the pinstripping etc... he told me those are mandatory.. even if i don't want it.. they will charge me. Is this true? or is he just trying to make me get all this crap that I won't need.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
AnhCung said:
I have to upgrade to the chrome rims for 600 bucks.. because they ran out of the regular rims.. I think this is B.S. but i told him it's fine. .
HUH?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: They ran out of regular rims???? I for one, am hoping he was BS'ing you...not because I want to see you pay for something you didn't want, but because I ordered the stock wheels and the last thing I want now...is another constraint! :banghead:

·
Registered
105 Posts
my dealer was straight up and told me that the items were mandatory as those were his only markup items. That being said, I would have ordered them anyway. I did not have a tint package or pinstriping.... not sure how good that would look. They know that there is another person right behind you if you push back.

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exactly!!! I think they know that someone else will come and buy it..
so they're coming up with all this bullshiet that I have to buy....
I dun want pinstrippin.. never liked it.. never will.. but he said.. well. u have to get it.
The rims.. which i didn't one chrome painted... now he's saying i have to get it.. or lose my spot...

then there's some enviromental package where its suppose to keep the paint from fading etc... it looked like any other paint job to me...

I think this guy is full of it... i mite just go straight to Saturn about this.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
he's full of crap on all counts!!!!

this stuff pisses me off, :banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad: when he says mandatory, I hope he clarified that saturn did not make it mandatory... but that his stealership, I mean dealership is.

Interesting how he waited till you are about to image before telling you this. I guess thats better than telling you when you come in to do the paperwork like happened to a few people.

Are you in Cali?

you might consider talking to the GM, a few people on here talked to the GM in the same sort of situation and got the "mandatory" extras removed. It all boils down to how bad you want the car I guess

·
Registered
149 Posts
I myself would tell him to shove it. Look for another dealership.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
another thing I just thought of, if painted wheels were really on constraint... why didn't he offer you the polished wheel? they are cheaper than the chrome. he definately is trying to maximize profit.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
AnhCung said:
I finally got my image today!! Well.. not sure yet but I called the sales guy to get updates and he said my order's in.. waiting for paperwork and more accurate date of production. Hope he's being honest.. will have to stop by later to speak face to face.

The downer is... he said in order for me to place my order.. I have to upgrade to the chrome rims for 600 bucks.. because they ran out of the regular rims.. I think this is B.S. but i told him it's fine. I was planning to buy my own rims aftermarket for a lil higher price....

Also.. the Enviromental package... the tint.. the pinstripping etc... he told me those are mandatory.. even if i don't want it.. they will charge me. Is this true? or is he just trying to make me get all this crap that I won't need.
The environmental package in not mandatory by Saturn, it is their policy i guess... i wouldn;t pay for it even if they put it on...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
The environmental package in not mandatory by Saturn, it is their policy i guess... i wouldn;t pay for it even if they put it on...
:agree:

nothing is mandatory by saturn.. thats why they are called "options"
but the dealer could make them mandatory, but waiting till now to tell you and lie about constraints..... grrrr :mad:
I'm gonna go have a beer and calm down.

let me know if your in or near cali.

PS--- congrats on getting your image though!!!! forgot to say that with all the commotion :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
all bull

These dealerships are really going down hill in my opinion. Pin striping as a REQUIREMENT? this is all bull. Remember YOU are the customer and you order what you want period. They are just gouging people.
Hey Saturn Dealerships are you paying attention?
What ever happened to "PEOPLE FIRST"

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was told also that they were going to add $2,000 worth of extra stuff I didn't want. I told them I was upset that I was being forced to buy extra options and I would go to another dealer. They were nice enough to honor my request and let me order the car the way I wanted it. Do not be forced into anything!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank u folks for all ur inputs... i appreciate it very much... i wanted to make sure first before i took any actions and jeopardize my Sky... I actually just want the very very base Sky I can get because I will be changing everything out... from the interior to the sound system to the wheels... now that I know all that stuff he's saying is mandatory... I will call Saturn itself up.. and have a GM contact me.

USMC.. i'm actually in houston...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts