·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not on the train today or tomorrow, maybe Monday! :cheers:

·
Registered
877 Posts
cogratz......:cheers: perfect time for fun in the sun!

·
Registered
59 Posts
skywulf said:
So is it still sitting in Deleware?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
skywulf said:

Woo-hoo!!! :cheers: She's almost home! :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Better this way than the other way around. There were some people who's car arrived and couldn't take delivery because the paperwork hadn't arrived. :banghead: That would just kill me!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My saleslady cannot tell me exactly where it is but she expects it Monday. I would be crazy if the car came and the paperwork didn't. I do remember that too Rick! And yep, she is almost home and I can hardly think straight.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hang in there, the wait is ALMOST over, and time for the FUN is closer every minute!

·
Registered
59 Posts
skywulf said:
My saleslady cannot tell me exactly where it is but she expects it Monday. I would be crazy if the car came and the paperwork didn't. I do remember that too Rick! And yep, she is almost home and I can hardly think straight.
That's great! I'll have to call tomorrow to see if there's any word on mine. Looks like the trip to Atlanta is shorter than the one to Detroit. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ernest said:
Great news, you are almost to the end. Congratulations!!! I also got my invoice before I got mine, the invoice arrived the same day it left the plant.
I really appreciate all the encouragement. I just cannot say how much! Words don't do it. I have wanted a ragtop my whole life! I got big hair, and I need the wind in it!!! It is so much fun to share that !!!! :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
skywulf said:
The invoice and other paperwork is all ready at my retailer as well... awaiting the car. It has been for a few days now.

No clue where mine is either... I have a feeling I will have a similar wait as NSCRBug... Been 4B00 *Bayed* since June 30th. Where... no clue... but somewhere.

So 18 days so far... at least 8 of which have been bayed... The one that was ordered a month after me & built a week before mine was delivered less then a 5 days after being built.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Invoice means -- Generally -- The SKY has left the factory!

·
Registered
692 Posts
You know with technology so advanced they could track our cars with simple bar codes and GPS. Just as the good folks at UPS and FedEx do. Not too hard to do. Hang in there

Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello, How did you guys know that the invoice came in?....At what number do the invoice print? Humm . . . Has anyone took order of the car and went to DE. . . to get it, and drive it back??? can we ????

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
StarlightSky said:
You know with technology so advanced they could track our cars with simple bar codes and GPS. Just as the good folks at UPS and FedEx do. Not too hard to do. Hang in there

Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Easier yet -- since we all get OnStar -- just activate it at the plant and they can track it!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
BrnzMistic said:
Hello, How did you guys know that the invoice came in?....At what number do the invoice print? Humm . . . Has anyone took order of the car and went to DE. . . to get it, and drive it back??? can we ????
1100 preliminary order placed/accepted at dealer
1101 preliminary order added
1102 preliminary order added thru web
2000 order accepted by GM
2001 order generated to dealer
2005 order replaced with GM Prospec order
2030 order re-edited
2050 order changed
2500 order is preferenced or "picked up"
3000 order accepted by production control
3100 order available to be sequenced
3300 order scheduled for production
3400 order broadcast (internal plant order produced)
3800 vehicle produced
4000 vehicle available to ship
4104 bailment invoice
4B00 bayed (note it's a letter "B" not 8)
4106 release bailment
4150 vehicle original invoice (dealer billed)
4200 vehicle shipped
4300 intermediate delivery
4V03 EDD (estimated delivery date)
4800 rail ramp unload
5000 vehicle at dealer
6000 vehicle delivered to customer

Here is every code. Note that once the release bailment is printed (4106) the car will next go 4150 (invoiced to dealer)... It is rare that it stops there fo too long - and the next code you see is 4200 --->SHIPPED
So it is fair to say once that car is billed (invoiced) the SKY is on its way.
Mine was invoiced and shipped 4 days later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OMG!!!!! YOU ARE FILLED WITH SOOOOOO MUCH INFORMATION...... THANKS SOOO MUCH .... IM AT 3400 LAST CKED ..... since you know sooo much ..Can a person go to pick it up ....(like the BMW folks in Europe) ??

·
Registered
482 Posts
BrnzMistic said:
OMG!!!!! YOU ARE FILLED WITH SOOOOOO MUCH INFORMATION...... THANKS SOOO MUCH .... IM AT 3400 LAST CKED ..... since you know sooo much ..Can a person go to pick it up ....(like the BMW folks in Europe) ??
No, the transport union would not like that one bit. It would be a breach of contract. Also it would not be dealer preped or dealer inspected.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im sooo excited... I thought all week that today was the DwnGrv meet! and I dont even have my baby yet!!! ( build date week 17th)... I will have to clean/ vac my SLS ... for the show. OK next there is someone out there......who lives in walking distance of the factory lot ...you think they can go and take pics....PLEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Too Cool!!!

skywulf said:
I'll give you a call from mine! WE can laugh like maniacs and then zoom around. I really happy for you...... youve been a good friend on the forum!
:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts