Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my sky about 7 hours ago...just got home...it was a beautiful day until about 10 mintues after i left the lot...then it rained hard ever since...i still drove all night...does great in the rain:thumbs: hehe...it had 10 miles on it when i picked it up...Vin #1608...i never could find pictures of the cloth interior while i was waiting for my car so i was a bit apprehensive but i was pleasantly surprised with the over all look and feel of it..very satisfactory
my one wish is that i could recline the seat a little more...I'm 6'3 200 and after several hours of driving i must admit...my back is a little stiff...hehe
but i didnt try to adjust the seat much..i didnt notice any discomfort till a few hours into the cruise and by that time it was raining to hard for me to wanna mess with it as the recline control is hard for me to reach with the door closed.....the rain slacked up for just a few minutes and at a redlight i rolled my window all the way down for some fresh air...i got that and more
a big suv wheeled around the corner and splashed through a huge puddle....I was absolutely drenched by a huge wave!! hehehe ...it would take more than that to get me unhappy today...I will take some pics and post them tomorrow....if its not RAINING!!! hehe
thx for listening and good luck to those who are still waiting

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ah!

Reminds me of the night I got my Sky. It rained hard and continued to rain for three weeks afterwards. Sunny days will be yours my friend.. they will be. :cool: congrats and enjoy, best wishes :cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
thats great news! do post some pics when you can

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not bad timing from image to delivery! Congrats - look forward to your pics.

·
Registered
178 Posts
congrats!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Pics, pics, pics please...:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Astronomer said:
i got my sky about 7 hours ago...just got home...it was a beautiful day until about 10 mintues after i left the lot...then it rained hard ever since...i still drove all night...does great in the rain:thumbs: hehe...it had 10 miles on it when i picked it up...Vin #1608...i never could find pictures of the cloth interior while i was waiting for my car so i was a bit apprehensive but i was pleasantly surprised with the over all look and feel of it..very satisfactory
my one wish is that i could recline the seat a little more...I'm 6'3 200 and after several hours of driving i must admit...my back is a little stiff...hehe
but i didnt try to adjust the seat much..i didnt notice any discomfort till a few hours into the cruise and by that time it was raining to hard for me to wanna mess with it as the recline control is hard for me to reach with the door closed.....the rain slacked up for just a few minutes and at a redlight i rolled my window all the way down for some fresh air...i got that and more
a big suv wheeled around the corner and splashed through a huge puddle....I was absolutely drenched by a huge wave!! hehehe ...it would take more than that to get me unhappy today...I will take some pics and post them tomorrow....if its not RAINING!!! hehe
thx for listening and good luck to those who are still waiting
Congratulations... Glad there is another Sky in the area now, we need to get together soon and compare cars, yours was built long after mine and would like to see if they made any changes.... Have fun I sure am....
I have a funeral to go to tonight, but i will be free most of the day tomorrow and as far as I know all weekend... If my wife has no plans for Saturday how about meeting in Elizabethton for the cruise in saturday evening, we can meet at the Ingles parking lot then drive to the cruise in together, or we can meet at the Arbys on South Roan street in JC.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats on the new SKY! It rained on my first two days too, but the 3rd day was sunny, it was a great day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you East Tennessee people order these cars? Is there a dealership up in the Johnson City area or are you getting them from Saturn of Knoxville?

Congrats on your new car, btw. My Mom will be very jealous!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
Congratulations... Glad there is another Sky in the area now, we need to get together soon and compare cars, yours was built long after mine and would like to see if they made any changes.... Have fun I sure am....
I have a funeral to go to tonight, but i will be free most of the day tomorrow and as far as I know all weekend... If my wife has no plans for Saturday how about meeting in Elizabethton for the cruise in saturday evening, we can meet at the Ingles parking lot then drive to the cruise in together, or we can meet at the Arbys on South Roan street in JC.

sounds like a plan :thumbs:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
clgutk12 said:
Where did you East Tennessee people order these cars? Is there a dealership up in the Johnson City area or are you getting them from Saturn of Knoxville?

Congrats on your new car, btw. My Mom will be very jealous!
we got ours at the same dealership in J.C...i picked mine up a month and 3 days after skyman got his and boy was it tough waiting..every few days someone would come tell me " i saw the midnight blue sky!!"(skyman) hehe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Astronomer said:
we got ours at the same dealership in J.C...i picked mine up a month and 3 days after skyman got his and boy was it tough waiting..every few days someone would come tell me " i saw the midnight blue sky!!"(skyman) hehe
Sounds like my Mom should have traveled the hour up to JC to order her car.

You are very lucky to have gotten your car so fast. She'll be lucky if hers arrives in June. :banghead:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Astronomer said:
here are the first couple..more to come

Happy for you, 'tho ours was ordered similar time frame and has yet to have a VIN/status given to us. We have auto/red/chrome and are hanging in there, trying not to wonder too much about why ours is still outstanding. Look forward to seeing more pics with the top down. Have fun for us!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
WAY TOO COOL... CONGRATS..... sry i am a bit late with this... alot going on here....... have a BLAST DRIVING.....SkyBaby-07

1 - 16 of 16 Posts