Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not the silver one...but even better.

I've been driving a rental car for two weeks now and had placed a deposit on a Silver Sky at my local dealership. Today I decided to see if I could find one available locally since I had no idea when mine would be in. I needed to get out of this rental ASAP!

I didn't find one today...

...I found three!!! That's right, there were three Skys to choose from for me today. One was a Silver Graphite. I liked the color but it had cloth...no way did I want cloth. Not only that, they also had a Silver Pearl in the showroom. While it did look pretty cool I didn't really like that color as much as I thought I would...and that's what I had on order. Well, I found a Midnight Blue with black top and a Green with Brown top in the area. Went and looked at the blue one...and loved it...much better than the Silver Pearl.

However they had a "motion sensing alarm" installed for $3,000!!!! NO WAY was I going to pay this hidden markup! I talked to the sales guy and told him I had a deposit on one at MSRP that had a couple more options than this one did (like the LSD...I will get that and install it though...nice being car handy) but would cost me LESS because of their stupid markup (said it nicely though). So he talked to his sales manager and she agreed to give me the alarm at cost since they couldn't take it out. $375 sure beat $3000...so I got my Sky and in the 60 miles I've driven it...WHAT A CAR! Not as fast as my Grand Prix but the style and fun factor is just...WOW.

Now to go cancel my order Monday. I'm going to give my salesperson over there a little something though because she really did work hard for me. Just needed something sooner than "one day".

But if you're in So Cal and want a Sky tomorrow...I have a couple dealers for you to call...think Orange County.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see some pictures of it. Drive safely and always keep the shinny side up. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Congratulations! good for you...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Another Midnight Blue hits the road. Congrats.....:cheers: :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ok, where in orange county?

·
Registered
170 Posts
awesome, congrats! Where are the pics??? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ahh... Sunny California and you own the Sky, Life is good, Yes?

·
Super Moderator
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got home and pics are done. So without any further to do...

I had to get "artsy" and take it at an angle to get the whole car in.

Good interior shot for those interested.

My son at the controls...but Dad has the keys. LOL

Oh, and for a new auto definition:

Frustration - Purchasing a hot convertable Roadster in Orange County, California and having the first day of ownership be overcast and grey...so much for cruising PCH with the top down. And Saturday was just increadible out...lovely.

I got to leg out the car a bit today and I'm still absolutely IMPRESSED with the car's handling. It almost can't do any wrong. Yea, the Grand Prix would walk away from it in a straight line but once you hit the twisties the Sky would just rip my Grand Prix apart. LOL LOVE IT! So much fun to drive and so many questions.

I went over to my Saturn dealer here where I had the deposit to let them know they can free up that car for someone else and to slip my salesperson $50 for taking such great care of me (not her fault I needed the car now). I found out she wasn't in but saw someone looking at the Sky in the showroom as I was walking out. With all the don't touch signs on it she was keeping her distance but I could tell she was loving the car's looks. So I pipe up...

"They drive even nicer than they look too." We got to talking and I offered her to come out and sit in my car since the dealer's was a no touchie. She loved it and after talking to her for over an hour she went in and was putting a deposit on the car. I, meanwhile, was out side helping ANOTHER salesperson sell the Sky with my car. LOL We got to talking (and me telling the customer that I wanted to buy my car from this dealer but circumstances didn't allow it) and found out he can help me with my race engine for the Grand Prix...small world, huh? LOL

It was a great day and got a ton of compliments on it. Even had a salesman at Saturn back up a demo car and give me the thumbs up on it. LOL Such a FANTASTIC car.

As for where in Orange county...there are three dealers...all three had one yesterday...today there are but two unless they are gone too. One is in the city that Walt built...the other is named after a very famous Mexican General. I know we're not supposed to give out exact names...but that should be clue enough. However, the dealer in my home town (see over there <----) was by far the most helpful and I would recommend them if you are willing to wait for one...they are TOP NOTCH and I can't say enough about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts