Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok...I know I shouldn't get too excited about this, since we've all been told that TPW's don't hold much weight anymore...but at least I feel like progress has been made...somewhat. :rolleyes: Stopped by my dealer this afternoon and he brought me into his office and showed me my TPW on the computer...5/22/06! :willy: Incidentally, that is exactly the same week that I predicted my Sky would be built. There were 2 before me...the first one had a TPW for 5/8/06...and the second one was for 5/15...then there was mine and another one after me. My GM also said that based on their first 3 cars that have been built...the TPW's have been right on target...so that's good news. :yesnod: However it still showed me sitting at 3000. My GM said it will likely jump straight to 3800 the next time the code changes.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hang in there girlfriend. It seems like everything just stops and than bang, you move up another notch. Yes it is something to get excited about...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congratulations!

I know you have been waiting on some news, so I am happy for you. I haven't even gotten an image yet, but I don't mind. I am just happy I made it on the list and I am enjoying living vicariously through the guys who have gotten their Sky! Besides that, I am waffling between black and silver and this gives me more time to make up my mind. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
482 Posts
nscrbug said:
Ok...I know I shouldn't get too excited about this, since we've all been told that TPW's don't hold much weight anymore...but at least I feel like progress has been made...somewhat. :rolleyes: Stopped by my dealer this afternoon and he brought me into his office and showed me my TPW on the computer...5/22/06! :willy: Incidentally, that is exactly the same week that I predicted my Sky would be built. There were 2 before me...the first one had a TPW for 5/8/06...and the second one was for 5/15...then there was mine and another one after me. My GM also said that based on their first 3 cars that have been built...the TPW's have been right on target...so that's good news. :yesnod: However it still showed me sitting at 3000. My GM said it will likely jump straight to 3800 the next time the code changes.
I'm very happy for you Linda, guess the theory of order number and TPW as was speculeted eariler is solved. Hang in there, it woun't be long now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have been waiting to see when your TPW would be because I got imiged 4 days after yours. I will probably be seeing a TPW around 5/26. I will probably see my sky sometime mid june.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Imaged 3/10 and I still don't have a TPW as far as I know.:nonod: A friend of my ordered a Solstice on 3/9 and she picked it up today.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ruledawg said:
I have been waiting to see when your TPW would be because I got imiged 4 days after yours. I will probably be seeing a TPW around 5/26. I will probably see my sky sometime mid june.
You may actually get a TPW the same as mine, if not a week sooner due to the fact that your order number is lower in sequence than mine. I also got an explanation as to why and how that might have happened. It could possibly be that your order was 'created' (020) before mine was, but my order may have been 'selected for approval' (025) before yours was. Which would explain why your order number is 208 and mine is 235, even though my order was sent through a few days before yours was. :thumbs: When you do get your TPW, please post here cuz I'm interested to hear what they tell you.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We where told very specifically NOT to divulge the TPW's to our waiting customers, this came in a bulleting from GM. They do NOT want to create false expectation on all the waiting customers by telling them a date that may come and go with nothing happening. :nono:

Of the 7 SKYs we have on order, 2 are at 3800, one was built on 4/7 and the other one was built on 4/20. We are hoping the 1st one will go to shipped this next week... :eek:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Oh well, looks like some of the dealerships care about there customers, especially the ones who have been waiting and there original order got screwed up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
GRinLR said:
Imaged 3/10 and I still don't have a TPW as far as I know.:nonod: A friend of my ordered a Solstice on 3/9 and she picked it up today.:banghead:
Hang in there GRinLr,AR! I imaged the day before you and then sat at 030 for over a month and then come to find out on this past Wednesday the 19th that my SKY was released to carrier on April 12th! Just days before there was no change then I'm built just like that! For anyone interested I had been waiting on chrome and an automatic! Went and sat in a silver pearl one last night for the first time and all I can say is WOW! I loved everything about it and thought the interior was amazing! Your patience will definitely pay off....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
:agree:

My dealer got invoiced last Wends on mine, now just waiting for the phone call "Shes here" :willy:

·
Registered
389 Posts
boots said:
Hang in there GRinLr,AR! I imaged the day before you and then sat at 030 for over a month and then come to find out on this past Wednesday the 19th that my SKY was released to carrier on April 12th! Just days before there was no change then I'm built just like that! For anyone interested I had been waiting on chrome and an automatic! Went and sat in a silver pearl one last night for the first time and all I can say is WOW! I loved everything about it and thought the interior was amazing! Your patience will definitely pay off....
Thanks for the encouragement Boots. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I know it will be worth the wait but I get over anxious sometimes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any Skys on the road in the North East yet????????

Has anyone in the N.E. taken delivery of there car yet?
Dealer in Mass said my order was accepted about a month ago but he hasn't heard anything yet other than Chrome Wheels aren't available yet(still can't figure that one out yet)

To those who have you're new car congrats.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Oh well, looks like some of the dealerships care about there customers, especially the ones who have been waiting and there original order got screwed up.
The reason the TPW is not being divulged by many dealers is that it is usually wrong. I was told by my GM that TPW's are just too fluid... People were getting too upset when they saw the TPW date float by and nothing happened. On the flip side, some people got a TPW that was AFTER their car was built...
I should have one by now -- but hope to just see a change to 3300 or higher...
I don't really know if the situation has changed with invetory problems and the switchover to the GM version....

I'll give my Guy an email on Friday....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
I'm pulling for ya -:cheers: - because that Yellow one just ahead of your on the line?? ---> MINE!:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just got my TPW too! Mine is set for May 5th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.