Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call about 2:30 yesterday afternoon, and it is the dealer, and it wasn't the call I wanted it was still a good call. They had received their demo car and would I like to test drive it. Would I like to test drive it??:willy: What kind of a question is that???:confused: So I called wife and we went over last night after work to drive it. Sorry, the car was outside - how else can you drive it - it was dark and the camera I had with me has a lousy flash. The car is black, which means; black car, dark night, bad pictures - you see a blob. But the car drives like a dream.:driving:

Okay, as others have done, impressions:
This is an eye catching car. The lines are impressive as hell, and it flows very well. It was dark, which is a hard time to tell, and we were in a line of folks waiting to drive it, but the fit and finish were very good. It is sharp. It had the automatic, and, even though I think a manual is more fun, those who ordered the auto will not be sorry. It moves very quickly, shifts smoothly, and looks good in the car. That said, I still think I will enjoy shifting the 5 speed more. However, were I still in the DC area, the auto would be the way to go. I am 6 foot and about 210, and the car felt very comfortable. Not too tight, a nice feel. Room to move. The noise level is amazing. 70mph on the highway, top down, and I was talking to the salesman in normal tones. Can't do that in my '71 Vette with the top down, and you can't even do that in my Wrangler with the top up! Wind level in the cockpit was not bad, but do think I will spend the $80 for a windscreen. Handling, what little I could try on their test route, was very good, this is definitely a sports car. The top goes up and down very easily, and with a bit of practice it will be up and down quicker than the top on my Vette.

Okay, one distractor, was the lack of a power seat. That being said, this is a small roadster with limited space and with the added weight and size of a power seat I can certainly see why one was not used and will not miss it. The seat slider worked well and I found the seat comfortable. The position of the mirror and window controls are a bit ackward and will take a little getting use to, but are tolerable.

Over all, this will be a great little roadster, once it is in my garage!! :cool:

As the title states, I also got my VIN, "998" and should be getting a call today on the expected delivery date. :thumbs: :willy: :D

My wife also asked when I was going to lose the $#!+ eating grin. Then she drove it and said, "You are not going to be the only one driving this car!":jester: :lol:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
VIN is 998?

Jussssssst barely breaking the thousand-club there TEXA$. Congrats! Though i can understand your desire for a power seat... I dont think it could do much other than move forward and back (and maybe up and down an inch) since it can't recline.

I do hope the seat was still comfortable. I have only sat in the Sol and I assumed that it would be the same seat -- but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
1994SC2 said:
VIN is 998?

Jussssssst barely breaking the thousand-club there TEXA$. Congrats! Though i can understand your desire for a power seat... I dont think it could do much other than move forward and back (and maybe up and down an inch) since it can't recline.

I do hope the seat was still comfortable. I have only sat in the Sol and I assumed that it would be the same seat -- but I could be wrong.
The seat is fantastic for me, and I weigh close to 300 lbs, I asked about the car's weight rating and they told me not to worry about that, there figures they use are very conservative...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1994SC2 said:
VIN is 998?

It was only a quick test drive, too quick, but the seat felt good to me. The entire car felt great. I am more anxious than a kid the week before Christmas. At my age you are beginning to wish time would slow down a bit, but right now 2 weeks till delivery seem like FOREVER! :drool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts