Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer gave me a call the friday before last, and told me he had gotten the invoice for my Midnight Blue sky. He said that he was hoping that it would arive the fallowing week. Sadly for me it did not. Now Im hanging on my phone like a 15 year old waiting for a girl to call.

I looked through the forums, hopeing for a estimate of how long it takes to get from the Vin being issued, or the car being invoiced.

Anyone got any insite on this.

Mormegil
Vin# 4616

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Dont give up, mine took 2 1/2 weeks from invoice to delivery.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you will get it when your dealer calls and says "It's Here!"
sorry but that is as close as anyone can tell ya... each situation is different....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the replays, It gives me some idea. I still got my fingures crossed for this week. Im in Michagan, so hopfully the traval time wont be to insane.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mormegil said:
Thanks for the replays, It gives me some idea. I still got my fingures crossed for this week. Im in Michagan, so hopfully the traval time wont be to insane.
Believe me it does't give you any idea at all. Like SkyMan07 said "it's all over the place". A little advice, go with the flow. Keep asking questions, but most likely the answers will just make you nuts........it's all part of the wait and Maverick knows THE WAIT.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry, this probably won't be too much help, but my Sky was shipped on July 5 and it's not here yet (I guess I should update my signature on here but I am a little lazy, haha). My salesman said "a week or two" and it will be two weeks on Wednesday. The new car manager at the dealership said "two to three weeks" so we shall see. So I guess the estimate now is at about 1-3 weeks but who really knows for sure. It is all a guessing game. Good luck :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine took 13 days to get to Michigan once it was shipped. I think it shipped 3 days after it was built. Your car should be here this week.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Mormegil said:
My dealer gave me a call the friday before last, and told me he had gotten the invoice for my Midnight Blue sky. He said that he was hoping that it would arive the fallowing week. Sadly for me it did not. Now Im hanging on my phone like a 15 year old waiting for a girl to call.

I looked through the forums, hopeing for a estimate of how long it takes to get from the Vin being issued, or the car being invoiced.

Anyone got any insite on this.

Mormegil
Vin# 4616
Wow you are only six cars after me. I got mine Friday, you should have it any day now. Where are you? That might shed some insight. If my dealer had not been willing to go to the train yard, I probably would not have gotten it until the 26th or there abouts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 days from the call now, still no word.

Well its been 14 days since he called with my vin, still know word. The suspense is killing me. I just hope its not to much longer, as I am sick of jumping everytime my phone rings.

PS. Its funny that UPS can track a pair of nike's accrose the entire contry, but there is no way to track a 26 thousand doller car. :( oh well Ill live.

Wait was that the phone.....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Mormegil said:
Well its been 14 days since he called with my vin, still know word. The suspense is killing me. I just hope its not to much longer, as I am sick of jumping everytime my phone rings.

PS. Its funny that UPS can track a pair of nike's accrose the entire contry, but there is no way to track a 26 thousand doller car. :( oh well Ill live.

Wait was that the phone.....
That's because UPS owns the trucks... GM ships on private carrier and the Rail road...:willy:

·
Registered
49 Posts
waiting for your sky

just ordered my sky 7/20 he told me 6 mos.. but i took notice that
the sky they had on the showroom floor was someones and they hold
them there to show until they get another one then they will release
the other one a so-on..so if you are waiting it just met be in the showroom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its sitting on a truck 40 miles away.

Talked to my dealer saturday, and he informed me that that he had just talked to transport. I has been deliverd to the Yard in detroit, and is on a truck and ready to go. I bought it in Ann Arbor, which is about 40 mintes form the Big D. He said it could come on any truck this week, but it would be for sure there by Thursday.

Over all Im very happy with things so far. Would have liked a better way to track the cars progress. But hey its almost here now so it dose not seam like such a bit deal anymore.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Mormegil said:
Talked to my dealer saturday, and he informed me that that he had just talked to transport. I has been deliverd to the Yard in detroit, and is on a truck and ready to go. I bought it in Ann Arbor, which is about 40 mintes form the Big D. He said it could come on any truck this week, but it would be for sure there by Thursday.

Over all Im very happy with things so far. Would have liked a better way to track the cars progress. But hey its almost here now so it dose not seam like such a bit deal anymore.
I Hope you get it sooner than you think!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My baby is home.

Got my car yesterday, Monday, at 1:30. Had to take a half day to playwith it. Poor girl has already been to hell and back. :) some how I turned to 25 mile drive home to 130 miles. But what fun. Love it. Thanks for all the help everyone.

I have posted a tune of pictures if anyone wants to check them out.

http://mormegil.wincustomize.com/photos.aspx?a=3

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sweet:thumbs: Nice car -- Hey watch what the dog is doin'!!:lol:

:cheers: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:thumbs: Every color looks great on this car. I made my selection and then see someone's beautiful car and like their color choice even better.
I must say it is a looker! WoW!:cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice Car

Congrats on your new baby! I hope you are enjoying it. All of us who are still in the waiting room are really jealous, but we are happy for you.

:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts