Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippeee. :) Not sure when it posted, my dealership GM is a little computer challenged. He said Saturn told him it was in transit and was built on June 3. However, my Vin# is higher than any others I have seen posted...4610. This morning, my dealer got in two cars they weren't even expecting for a week or so. They did not give me the entire vin# so I cannot track it but what the heck. She is born, and on the way. I expect to get it at the end of the month, trying hard to be realistic.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skywulf said:
Yippeee. :) Not sure when it posted, my dealership GM is a little computer challenged. He said Saturn told him it was in transit and was built on June 3. However, my Vin# is higher than any others I have seen posted...4610. This morning, my dealer got in two cars they weren't even expecting for a week or so. They did not give me the entire vin# so I cannot track it but what the heck. She is born, and on the way. I expect to get it at the end of the month, trying hard to be realistic.
The last numbers of the vin are the different ones (104610 in your case). The rest of the vin for all SKYs are the same.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick Tinley Park said:
The last numbers of the vin are the different ones (104610 in your case). The rest of the vin for all SKYs are the same.
Very helpful! Thanks! I wonder if the cars coming south are shipped by train and which train co. carries em? I haven't seen anyone track a Sky headed to the deep south. My dealer says if it arrives in the railyard, they'll go get it, as it is just a wee bit north of me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
skywulf said:
Very helpful! Thanks! I wonder if the cars coming south are shipped by train and which train co. carries em? I haven't seen anyone track a Sky headed to the deep south. My dealer says if it arrives in the railyard, they'll go get it, as it is just a wee bit north of me.
Don't know about Hotlanta, but my dealer said mine will come by train to Baton Rouge, then will be trucked to good ol' Funroe. Maybe yours is keeping mine company til they hit GA!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
skywulf said:
Congratulations Skywulf.......... Your wait is nearly over. My TPW was close to yours so it is encouraging to see an earlier build date than was originally posted. I can't get ANY info about my car. Just have to wait until they call and tell me it has arrived. I know you will post pictures as soon as possible.:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Now is the time to read a book, go to the movies, start that oil painting of your dog, go jogging, go fishing, write letters to you congressman , learn karate, get a blackbelt, start an internet auto parts company, find that girl you liked in the 3rd grade, get that tummy tuck, order a pizza, order 50 pizzas- give them to the homeless, throw out your old newspapers, live la vida loca, become a sherpa, prank phone call solstice forum members, learn to knit, become a caped crusader, call grandma, call wierd uncle Ted, trim your toenails, trim your spouses toenails, go to clown school, lose friends because you are now a creepy clown, write the great american novel, go into seclusion, buy a small island-declare yourself all-mighty king and emperor, and lastly type sadly away at a computer at all hours of the day.

and just about anything else to keep your mind off these last few days of waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:cool:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! Ya'll are great. I bet we'll get our cars about the same time, and no typing sadly away! Good friends here, to empathize about a wait for a car..but a tummy tuck...hmmmmm. :lol: :lol: :cheers: This morning they thought my car was in and I got a call..it wasn't mine, just a car someone had long backed out of but no upgrades so I held out for the uncertain wait. Best to get what we want! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
richmcc said:
Congratulations, :cheers: :thumbs:

SkyWulf, if you don't get it in two weeks Post a rant about how it is never going to come and your going to give it up.

Garounteed you will get in a week! :thumbs:
Aw, Rich, just don't know how to give up. Ain't in my genepool! But I am so excited I can hardly focus...so have mercy!:D :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
chris67 said:
Now is the time to read a book, go to the movies, start that oil painting of your dog, go jogging, go fishing, write letters to you congressman , learn karate, get a blackbelt, start an internet auto parts company, find that girl you liked in the 3rd grade, get that tummy tuck, order a pizza, order 50 pizzas- give them to the homeless, throw out your old newspapers, live la vida loca, become a sherpa, prank phone call solstice forum members, learn to knit, become a caped crusader, call grandma, call wierd uncle Ted, trim your toenails, trim your spouses toenails, go to clown school, lose friends because you are now a creepy clown, write the great american novel, go into seclusion, buy a small island-declare yourself all-mighty king and emperor, and lastly type sadly away at a computer at all hours of the day.

and just about anything else to keep your mind off these last few days of waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:cool:
Good suggestions, chris67. Hey skywulf, here's an important decision. Just what color clown wig will go best with silver? You won't have time to buy a new one once your car comes in. Ronald McDonald Red? Rainbow Stripes? Orange? And while you are working on this list: tell your grandma hi and your weird Uncle Ted to stop peeping in my windows, I need a battery for an '02 suburban, use the good yarn to knit my scarf and I prefer pepperoni. :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
skywulf said:

Not to burst your bubble but mine was built the week of June 26th and my Vin is 104090. so there is no way yours was built June 3rd...unless they gave you the wrong vin.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MyMidnightSky said:
Good suggestions, chris67. Hey skywulf, here's an important decision. Just what color clown wig will go best with silver? You won't have time to buy a new one once your car comes in. Ronald McDonald Red? Rainbow Stripes? Orange? And while you are working on this list: tell your grandma hi and your weird Uncle Ted to stop peeping in my windows, I need a battery for an '02 suburban, use the good yarn to knit my scarf and I prefer pepperoni. :D
Gosh, MMS! I have such big hair already I am not sure I can even wear a wig, and clowns scare me. :lol: :lol: You oughta know we southern folks embrace insanity and say things, "Oh, isn't he funny?" when someone calls to say Uncle Ted is peeping in our windows; (Although...how did Ted know to broadcast the best rainy Saturday movies on rainy Saturdays unless he had been peeping?) I do have time to knit you a scarf...but you wouldn't want me to

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CdnSkyGuy said:
Not to burst your bubble but mine was built the week of June 26th and my Vin is 104090. so there is no way yours was built June 3rd...unless they gave you the wrong vin.
Not bursting my bubble, I had commented that my salesperson was saying it had been built June 3, but vin# belied that fact and...my orig TPW was June 26. I think the June 3 date was the date it was broadcast for production. :)
Maybe we'll get our Sky on the same day! I wish I had a more computer literate sales staff to get my whole event history!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
skywulf said:
Aw, Rich, just don't know how to give up. Ain't in my genepool! But I am so excited I can hardly focus...so have mercy!:D :lol:
I'm not saying give up! It just seems that if anyone starts a thread "I cannot put up with this anymore I am, giving up, gets the car in the next week.

So why go through that agony, post that thread now and you might be driving by July 4!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
richmcc said:
I'm not saying give up! It just seems that if anyone starts a thread "I cannot put up with this anymore I am, giving up, gets the car in the next week.

So why go through that agony, post that thread now and you might be driving by July 4!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohhh, I see...:lol: :lol: Maybe this time a little faith will get the job done. However, realistically, I cannot see it arriving until July 15-26 based on averaging time between order arriving for production and arrival at the dealership. If it comes earlier, well, howdy doody! :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
151 Posts
skywulf said:
Ohhh, I see...:lol: :lol: Maybe this time a little faith will get the job done. However, realistically, I cannot see it arriving until July 15-26 based on averaging time between order arriving for production and arrival at the dealership. If it comes earlier, well, howdy doody! :lol: :lol: :cheers:
I REALLY hope they come in the week of the 15th. That would be an awesome birthday present!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MyMidnightSky said:
I REALLY hope they come in the week of the 15th. That would be an awesome birthday present!! :thumbs:
Yesss...and a big spike in my workload will be OVER and I can take a few days off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts