Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my VIN 1G8MB35B17Y102419! I guess I'm now at 3800! I guess it will only be a few more months now:willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Don't joke like that! It could very well be months the way things have been going. I wish they'd stop production on the Solstice for a while and give us the line. I guess it's probably a matter of parts availibility as well though.:mad:

Congrats btw. At least you know there is progress. All I keep getting is yes sir we have your order and no it still hasn't been preferenced.

·
Registered
94 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
Just got my VIN 1G8MB35B17Y102419! I guess I'm now at 3800! I guess it will only be a few more months now:willy:
Congratulation ! Shouldn't be long now :cheers: Fortunately, deliveries to NC seem to be pretty quick, probably because they don't involve shipment by rail :thumbs:

·
Registered
45 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:

I'm very happy for you! i love just looking at mine! ran to walgreens the other day, parked all the way down the lot and when i came out i looked at it in the shining sun and couldn't believe it was mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just got an e-mail from my salesman. I am at 3800 also. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
We imaged close to one another --:cheers: -- I am hyperventilating!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
We imaged close to one another --:cheers: -- I am hyperventilating!
I'd bet that you "have been produced" now too, Rick. Makes me wonder how much time it would have taken if I hadn't dropped chrome when we both did. I don't think I would have even been imaged by now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
OISky said:
Congratulation ! Shouldn't be long now :cheers: Fortunately, deliveries to NC seem to be pretty quick, probably because they don't involve shipment by rail :thumbs:
It is my understanding that the SKYs are coming by rail to NC since they are built in Delaware. The Saturns built in Tenessee were driven over. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm right behind you a few numbers Rick.

Saturn, let our SKYs go!

·
Registered
94 Posts
NC Sky said:
It is my understanding that the SKYs are coming by rail to NC since they are built in Delaware. The Saturns built in Tenessee were driven over. Please correct me if I am wrong.
It was my understanding that ours went from Wilmington DE to Wilmington NC by truck only, no rail involved, but I don't have actual proof of that. Only what the dealer told me. :confused: . It wouldn't make sense to me to use rail to get them to a place only a 6-7hr drive away. but then distribution systems don't always make sense. We are on the NC coast and are as close if not closer to Delaware than we are to Tenn.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I'd bet that you "have been produced" now too, Rick. Makes me wonder how much time it would have taken if I hadn't dropped chrome when we both did. I don't think I would have even been imaged by now.
Without a doubt!
I was #9! NINE - Nueve!!! And bumped to #4.....
Even if it takes to the end of May to get built, I'd be two-three months ahead of the game!!!

I'm gonna hold off asking my GM until Friday. . .. Just asked last night and -- no change then
Nscrbug?? If you're out there -- any update (same owner - different Store)??

·
Registered
198 Posts
OISky said:
It was my understanding that ours went from Wilmington DE to Wilmington NC by truck only, no rail involved, but I don't have actual proof of that. Only what the dealer told me. :confused: . It wouldn't make sense to me to use rail to get them to a place only a 6-7hr drive away. but then distribution systems don't always make sense. We are on the NC coast and are as close if not closer to Delaware than we are to Tenn.

I agree...I don't understand why they wouldn't just truck them here either. My dealer says he is getting his in by rail. :confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Without a doubt!
I was #9! NINE - Nueve!!! And bumped to #4.....
Even if it takes to the end of May to get built, I'd be two-three months ahead of the game!!!

I'm gonna hold off asking my GM until Friday. . .. Just asked last night and -- no change then
Nscrbug?? If you're out there -- any update (same owner - different Store)??
Nope...no change on my end, either. Was at the dealer on Saturday and everything was 'status quo'...still set to be built the week of 5/22. Was told to expect a VIN by the end of that week. :willy: Dang...how I wish Craig could check on my status. :lol: Cuz if he could, I'd have you check on mine whenever you checked on yours. :D Oh well...I know you'll post if you hear anything exciting. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got mine too!

SKY SCRPR said:
I went to see the manager today about my
sky today. It was invoiced on 5-2-06 (Vin 101636). He is expecting it tomorrow or Friday, but he told me that last week too. He said generally it takes from 2 to 10 days for delivery from the time the invoice comes to the dealer. :) I'm hoping for a weekend ride in the country. By the way if you have not ordered mud laps, its probably a good investment
Black Onyx
Automatic
CD/MP3 XM Satelite Radio
Black Leather Premium Trim Package
Chrome Wheels

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on the VIN!!

Always great to hear these orders are progressing!! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just got my VIN too!!!

#2406 and it's on the way!!!! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
News on my SKY

I have VIN#2438 so we are all close. I am hoping mine will make it to the deaer by June 1st. Hope I am not dreaming. :) :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
moving

It sounds like the holds are beginning to lift. I have Automatic and Chrome wheels which I think is holding mine back. I'll call tomorrow to check as it's been 2-3 weeks since my last harassing...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts