Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were out for a morning drive down along the river and were cruising along a country road when.......FLASHING BLUE LIGHTS turned on behind us....the trooper asked if I knew how fast we were going... I honestly said I didnt know....he said about ten over....I started babbling about how I just got the car...and its so fun...he grinned and asked if I had any other speeding tickets I said no...none...he checked my record and found that to be true....then grinned and said....ok how fast can it go?!.....I told him not that I would drive that fast... but pretty fast....he walked around the car and came back and asked a few more questions about the Sky and complemented the car and then sent us on our way. We were much relieved.

After a morning of pretty black skys we then got caught in a massive downpour for the next forty minutes. We put the top up after the first few heavy drops and it worked like a champ.

:cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
830 Posts
I was stopped last week:nono: was 15 over I told the good officer that I didn't normally speed and showed him the Drivers info center read out that had my avg speed 38MPH...he say no one had ever tried that on him and he let me go..:) :) :) :) He was also a SKY fan...Seal9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
seal9 said:
I was stopped last week:nono: was 15 over I told the good officer that I didn't normally speed and showed him the Drivers info center read out that had my avg speed 38MPH...he say no one had ever tried that on him and he let me go..:) :) :) :) He was also a SKY fan...Seal9
Great idea, I will try that if ever pulled again:thumbs: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Did you have a front plate mounted? Required in your state?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
chris67 said:
My wife and I were out for a morning drive down along the river and were cruising along a country road when.......FLASHING BLUE LIGHTS turned on behind us....the trooper asked if I knew how fast we were going... I honestly said I didnt know....he said about ten over....I started babbling about how I just got the car...and its so fun...he grinned and asked if I had any other speeding tickets I said no...none...he checked my record and found that to be true....then grinned and said....ok how fast can it go?!.....I told him not that I would drive that fast... but pretty fast....he walked around the car and came back and asked a few more questions about the Sky and complemented the car and then sent us on our way. We were much relieved.

After a morning of pretty black skys we then got caught in a massive downpour for the next forty minutes. We put the top up after the first few heavy drops and it worked like a champ.

:cool:
YOUR LUCKY.....(whew).....:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
I hit the 500 mile mark yesterday after spending days driving in the ATL trying to maneuver around trucks trying to be considerate so I don't get in their way on the down hill, etc, vary my speeds...very difficult, stressful....what a relief to wake up this monring and know I could drive this on the 285 speedway and go over 70 mph if I hadda..I came zipping around a PT cruiser, 65.....75...80.....Radio blaring waving at a church van full of younguns waving....and then, out of no-where...there it was right beside me, a patrol car on steroids! I thought "Yikes" Looked at him and made a "Yikes" face, slowed down....and pulled in behind him..where I cruised at a sedate 65 mph....he was grinning the whole time because he knew I was about to zzzoooooomm ...until I saw him. Didn't need the rest of the coffee in my cupholder!.........:cheers: Here is to all the tickets my Skymates escape safely!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I second that!!!!!

skywulf said:
I hit the 500 mile mark yesterday after spending days driving in the ATL trying to maneuver around trucks trying to be considerate so I don't get in their way on the down hill, etc, vary my speeds...very difficult, stressful....what a relief to wake up this monring and know I could drive this on the 285 speedway and go over 70 mph if I hadda..I came zipping around a PT cruiser, 65.....75...80.....Radio blaring waving at a church van full of younguns waving....and then, out of no-where...there it was right beside me, a patrol car on steroids! I thought "Yikes" Looked at him and made a "Yikes" face, slowed down....and pulled in behind him..where I cruised at a sedate 65 mph....he was grinning the whole time because he knew I was about to zzzoooooomm ...until I saw him. Didn't need the rest of the coffee in my cupholder!.........:cheers: Here is to all the tickets my Skymates escape safely!!!
ITS SO HARD TO DRIVE THIS CAR WITHOUT OCCASONALLY ZOOMING A BIT!

:D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope ........no Front Plate

SkyHi07 said:
Did you have a front plate mounted? Required in your state?
AND YES IT IS REQUIRED!!......BUT THE TROOPER DIDNT SAY ANYTHING! :thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
seal9 said:
I was stopped last week:nono: was 15 over I told the good officer that I didn't normally speed and showed him the Drivers info center read out that had my avg speed 38MPH...he say no one had ever tried that on him and he let me go..:) :) :) :) He was also a SKY fan...Seal9
I have _got_ to remember that one. First useful thing I've heard for average speed.

Is ave speed a standard Gm display function?
Keeps making me think it's a kludgey crippleware thing for current speed
turned down due to difference to analog display.

chris67 said:
ITS SO HARD TO DRIVE THIS CAR WITHOUT OCCASONALLY ZOOMING A BIT!
No kidding. Just extended breakin to pressure seal the mechanicals.
So far, I've managed to keep the devil on my shoulder at bay, but just barely.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top