Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by our Saturn dealership on April 21 and asked if they had any Sky's available for sale in the near future. I must have hit it lucky. They said that they had one coming in within 2 weeks that was not sold. I wasn't sure that I believed them, especially since it was almost exactly what I would have ordered anyway. After insuring that they weren't charging more than the MSRP, I went ahead and put my deposit down. Lo and behold, it came in yesterday. 15 days later.

They did ask me to leave it at the dealership over the weekend and pick it up Monday...they had a lot of people who wanted to come by and look at it. I agreed and considered myself to be very lucky. :willy: :willy: My wife wasn't very happy with me allowing it to stay :mad: :mad: over the weekend, but we did drive it for a while. Can't wait until tomorrow morning.

Attached are some pictures of before and after they installed the windscreen, incase anybody was having as hard of a time as I was in finding pics of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Just the kind of heart warming story that those of us who have had deposits placed with our dealers for 10 or 11 months love to hear. :willy: Why can't Saturn get these cars out to dealers who have people waiting for them???

Congratulations... you've got a great looking car there. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow, beautiful car, Congrats!

·
Registered
239 Posts
15 days...wow your lucky......I have to wait a month and a half more for mine :willy: Im going insane waiting but I have found something that calms me down......I started buying parts for it, stockpiling them LOL Its like therapy for me.

Nice color, mine will be the same :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Titan Fan said:
I stopped by our Saturn dealership on April 21 and asked if they had any Sky's available for sale in the near future. I must have hit it lucky. They said that they had one coming in within 2 weeks that was not sold. I wasn't sure that I believed them, especially since it was almost exactly what I would have ordered anyway. After insuring that they weren't charging more than the MSRP, I went ahead and put my deposit down. Lo and behold, it came in yesterday. 15 days later.

They did ask me to leave it at the dealership over the weekend and pick it up Monday...they had a lot of people who wanted to come by and look at it. I agreed and considered myself to be very lucky. :willy: :willy: My wife wasn't very happy with me allowing it to stay :mad: :mad: over the weekend, but we did drive it for a while. Can't wait until tomorrow morning.

Attached are some pictures of before and after they installed the windscreen, incase anybody was having as hard of a time as I was in finding pics of that.
Very Cool! Great Lookin car,:driving: enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
76 Posts
NICE LOOKING SKY, TITAN FAN......... FROM ANOTHER TITAN FAN:drool:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
CONGTRATZ!!!

Need........more.............pics..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That windscreen is a crime against humanity. It pains my sould to see that picture.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats!

Nice car! Thanks for that GM windscreen picture too! I'm in the process of talking mine into exchanging it for the CAI or something else!:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome TitanFan

TitanFan it looks like we have a lot in common. We both have the red Sky, first and foremost. Secondly, and for a much longer time, we have shared the highs and lows of being Titans fans. And now, from clues in the pictures, I think we share the same dealer. Wonder if we share the same zip code?

Welcome to the world of the Sky.:thumbs:

Jonm

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

Thanks for the picture of the windscreen.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That is one beautiful car.

Are those the polished wheels?

I don't think that the pictures do justice to the GM windscreen, it looks good in person.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maverick,

Yes, those are the polished wheels.

And you are right, the picture doesn't do justice to the windscreen. It actually does look good, IMHO. I went back up to the dealership at night and took that picture through the window with my cell phone. It had not been installed yet when we were there earlier in the day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jonm,

Mostly lows lately, being a Titans Fan. But we'll be back. Maybe we can drive our Sky's to Miami next February to watch the Titans in Superbowl XLI. :cheers:

By the way, if your Sky is red with black leather, and if you picked your Sky up 3 weeks ago, your's is the first Sky I ever saw. I saw it there on a Thursday night and sent my wife back the next day to look at at, but it was gone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts