Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Car Speedometer Vehicle White Light
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Motor vehicle
I took a Sunday drive in my Sky and this car was flashing it鈥檚 lights for me to pull over 馃殧. He never saw one before and wanted to check it out. I checked out his car and took pictures and he did the same. He asked if I was interested in selling, I said no, but we could swap pinks. For some strange reason a deal wasn鈥檛 made.

Registered
Funny !! Some people don't believe me when I say it's a Saturn....
Yep, I once had a guy (at a car show) ask why I would put a Saturn logo on my car. When I said "I didn't do that, the factory did that.", he just shook his head and walked away. I still wonder what he thought my car was...

I had another guy ask "Why would you buy a car like that when you could have bought an American car like a Solstice?" At least he stuck around long enough for me to explain that "I sort of did."

OTOH, if I had a McLaren, I wouldn't let my floor mats get that dirty...

Registered
Yep, I once had a guy (at a car show) ask why I would put a Saturn logo on my car. When I said "I didn't do that, the factory did that.", he just shook his head and walked away. I still wonder what he thought my car was...

I had another guy ask "Why would you buy a car like that when you could have bought an American car like a Solstice?" At least he stuck around long enough for me to explain that "I sort of did."

OTOH, if I had a McLaren, I wouldn't let my floor mats get that dirty...
My first thought when i saw the pictures...man, clean your car!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While many see the interior being dirty, I see/perceive something else. Here is someone that has an exotic car that many would turn into a museum piece, instead he is having a ball and driving the wheels off of it.
He did say something about it being dirty and that he needs to take it to the Brighton Auto Detailing and Hand Car Wash, in Naperville, Illinois. Located conveniently next to Iron Gate Motor Condos, home to many classic and exotic automobiles. (Shameless plug, they do a fantastic job!)

Registered
While many see the interior being dirty, I see/perceive something else. Here is someone that has an exotic car that many would turn into a museum piece, instead he is having a ball and driving the wheels off of it.
Sure, but I don't let my Sky's interior get that bad...and it's my daily driver.

Registered
My first thought when i saw the pictures...man, clean your car!!!!
...me tooooooo!
Some of the guys on the mustang forum I frequent are notorious for a dirty car.

I don't think there is an acceptable excuse for it.............................:eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An update鈥︹ took my car to Brighton for a detail to get it ready for storage and the McLaren was there too. Picked my car up later in the day and found a note on my seat, he still wants my car. I guess he saw my Sky there when he picked his up.
Really don鈥檛 want to sell, just tempted to put out an outrageous don鈥檛 want to sell price. My car is just a silver 2008 base with automatic, cloth seats, chrome wheels and 17,300 miles.
Stupidly I showed the note to my wife and was given the, 鈥淚t鈥檚 your car, do whatever makes you happy.鈥. Translated it means see how much he will give you, and if the offer is good and you don鈥檛 take it, I will constantly remind you of it Until the End of Time.
Ok, Let鈥檚 hear from the Forums Peanut 馃 Gallery鈥..: What would you do?

Administrator
Before you put any price on it, see if you can find something to replace it with. Don't assume that you will be able to find a replacement easily.

Registered
Usually when we the masses get pulled over some sort of
blue lights are involved. Not in this case however.
This is highly out of the ordinary for a McLaren pulling me
over on any given days excursion. How entertaining.

Dirty floor mats and the detailing. Stick and stones will
sometimes collect on your floor mats. Happens. How often
you take care of this problem depends on you or your detailer
of choice. I have turned my floor mats over- wrong side up
quick pull out shake rinse dry reinstall. The carpet portion is like
new- where the back side the rubber portion takes all the abuse of
DD status. When needed for shows, date night these quick flips
show the nice color and weave of the original mats like new.

I have been on the detail trail myself over the last 3 days or so.
Getting there. A reunion of old car buddy workers is on my
next Run for this Sat. I have to have my Sky looking it's best
just in case the odd McLaren driver starts flashing his lights at me.
What is that thing your driving and do you want to sell it?
It's a Saturn. Hmm are you sure that IS a Saturn you have there?
Yup pretty much. DO I want to sell it- not really but I am open
to reasonable offers just say'n.

It is your car and with your wife's approval which is kinda important
in the Big picture let it go for cash now and replace it again later is the
question. This late in the driving season there might be some deals to
be had- an upgraded if you will on our model. With only 17k on the odo
this could be hard to let go off and rightly so. Now is driving your McLaren
once part of this package deal too IF I sell you my car? That could be the
deciding factor- not every day you get the chance to do just that.

LAC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I made the call last night鈥..He want鈥檚 to purchase my car for their 16 year old son that just got his drivers license. He offered $20,000.00 and I replied that I really wasn鈥檛 interested in selling and was replying because I was curious why someone that owns an exotic car was so interested in my Sky. Before concluding the call, he upped the offer by $1,000.00 and told me to sleep on it.
There are many thoughts going through my mind, 21k for a base Sky is an insane offer. My Sky going to a new driver as a first car also bothers me鈥.would it be taken care of, or would it be considered a $21k beater. I know,
why worry because it would no longer be my car, however I do love my Sky.
In the past I鈥檝e sold cars that I鈥檝e almost instantly regretted selling. My 1968 GTO convertible comes to mind. More so because my next door neighbor still owns his 1967 Mustang that he has had since high school.
I鈥檝e been advised to sell and purchase a Redline. It sounds good in theory, however in this Forum, reading about members challenges with theirs makes me wary. Perhaps holding onto to mine (the devil you know) is the best course of action.
Well, I told him that I鈥檇 let him know by 5:00 pm today and will continue to struggle with my decision.

Registered
$21K for a base Sky is a VERY high offer.

You could buy a very nice Redline for that easily. And No, most of us have no problems with our RLs.

Registered
Wow!

$21,000 for a 2008 Base, auto, cloth, in nice condition and under 18,000 miles sounds generous, but if your Sky is the one you always wanted, it wouldn't be enough. If your dream Sky is something else, I'd take his offer and go get your dream Sky.

If someone pulled me over and offered a lot more than I invested in my Sky (HERE), I would take that offer and get my dream Sky.

Registered
Wow!

$21,000 for a 2008 Base, auto, cloth, in nice condition and under 18,000 miles sounds generous, but if your Sky is the one you always wanted, it wouldn't be enough. If your dream Sky is something else, I'd take his offer and go get your dream Sky.

If someone pulled me over and offered a lot more than I invested in my Sky (HERE), I would take that offer and get my dream Sky.
Bill....I have an emotional attachment to my base SKY NA...because I bought mine new and have/had a wonderful experience in my 16 yrs of ownership....Although your car is basically new....and your experiences from inception is not mine....I know I would definitely sell my car for an unrealistic 75K...YOU should accept that offer....another low mileage SKY will appear...there still are GEMS out there...just have to wait.....anticipatory anxiety you will probably experience but u will have 21K ....don't let the spouse near that money. LOL.....your call. And if u do sell your car...I would give him a warning regarding letting his son drive it....our car needs wide cornering to begin with and all careful lifting and front end damage....not an easy car to learn to maintain....not at 16

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After much soul searching, I decided to keep my Sky. I truly do like/love my car and I really do hate the process of buying a new/replacement car. Just a couple of months ago we traded our 2016 Crosstrek for a 2021 Crosstrek. Suffice to say a root canal 馃Ψ would have been more enjoyable.
I did see a Silver 2007 Solstice GXP locally with 16,500 miles on it and asking $22,000. My car came with an extended warranty and I recently put new tires on it, so money wise it didn鈥檛 make sense to me.
I just like the styling of the Sky better. I did give them the website and phone number of the dealer in Lake in the Hills that had the Solstice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts