Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some chrome bulbs in place of the amber stock ones, it looks awseome!
I attached some before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have a bulb number?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
From the Solstice Forum

You might like this Idea, SilverStars are clear with no power and turn amber with power

AustinTashis said:
I got tired of waiting for Sylvania to make a 3757 SilverStar bulb, so I made my own.

The 3757 bulb is the amber bulb used in the front turn signal/parking/daytime running lights. Since these lights have clear lenses, you can see the amber bulbs through the lens when the lights are off, and it looks kinda lame. The SilverStar bulb is a bulb that looks silvery on the outside, but glows amber when lit, so you can't see it when the light is off, but it looks normal when it's on.

To make your own 3757 SilverStar bulb, go out and buy a set of Sylvania SilverStar 3157 bulbs and set of standard Sylvania 3757 bulbs. The Wagner bulbs that come installed in the Solstice won't work because the bases are not removable.

Take a thin knife blade and a pair of pliers, and pry up the contact wires on the bases of both bulbs and then straighten them out. Carefully pull the bases off the bulbs, applying firm tension and gently wiggling the bulb from side to side.

Put the bases from the 3757 bulbs onto the SilverStar bulbs, then bend the wires back down, sticking the ends into the tiny holes they came out of and flatten them.

You now have a set of SilverStar 3757 bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I am going to try and find some of these. I really like the look. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i have teh silverstars in mine there like 20 bucks

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
As I did in my SL2, I am putting in plain clear/hyper white bulbs... will be white both off and on. :thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
YellowSky said:
i have teh silverstars in mine there like 20 bucks
What bulb number are they?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts