Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack's Sky is in Elk Grove at last and being cleaned-up! We have an appointment for 10 AM tomorrow to take delivery. I gave Jack his BD card 4/10 but no gift. Sly Sky is his birthday present from me. I'm having a touch of butterflies wondering if there will be any hitches in the paperwork and/or price. So close!!! So worth the wait. For those counting, from image 3/14 to delivery to the dealer today, 11.5 weeks. For those waiting, keep the faith. Tomorrow we're gonna graduate from Sky fans to Sky owners! Yippie:cool: :lol: :angel: :driving: :patriot: :yesnod:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Awesome! You will be happy once you get it and you'll know the wait was worth it. Hope the weather's going to be nice for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So excited I forgot to mention we put our deposit down way back in November, so we've waited a long time for this day to arrive:D.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your are going to have so much fun this weekend. And what a weekend to get it, the weather is supposed to be awesome. Just finished washing my down in preparation

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congratulations Sky Hope. What color did you get?

·
Registered
266 Posts
rock on! and congrats...I just got my call too..
i'm gonna skip work and go get mine tomorrow...I will think of you as we're driving home :cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats!! Our history is nearly the same as yours! We deposited in November, and also imaged mid-March too!! And now we're very close to getting ours!! :D

Hope you have a wonderful weekend enjoying your new SKY!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
java43 said:
rock on! and congrats...I just got my call too..
i'm gonna skip work and go get mine tomorrow...I will think of you as we're driving home :cheers:
While you were posting here, I was updating your post:jester: !

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congratulations to another California SKY! :cheers:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
skywulf said:
Congratulations Sky Hope. What color did you get?
Updated my signature to show silver graphite :cool:. Jack had to work backwards as he picked the red interior first, then had to revise his choice of exterior colors to those allowing the interior combo. We saw a Sly Sol with the same paint. That sold us on the silver graphite. Haven't seen one yet in any color we didn't like:cheers:.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
usmc said:

your are going to have so much fun this weekend. And what a weekend to get it, the weather is supposed to be awesome. Just finished washing my down in preparation
You are our inspiration! You proved to be a big help in keeping us in the loop and upbeat these past few weeks. We owe you. And we'll certainly be doing our best to get out and Sky it this weekend. Enjoy!

·
Registered
266 Posts
SkyHope said:
While you were posting here, I was updating your post:jester: !
Oh for Pete's sake...sorry about the reference to Oregon...I guess I am getting a little giddy, now that the shock is wearing off.
But hey I'm gonna take it trippin to Cali in three weeks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jen said:
Congrats!! Our history is nearly the same as yours! We deposited in November, and also imaged mid-March too!! And now we're very close to getting ours!! :D
Thanks. I'm about to sign off and hit housework to free up the weekend :crazy:.

I've watched your posts and empathize with you. Close is not quite the same as getting confirmation that it has arrived. You'll really savor the feeling of relief and anticipation once it arrives and you get the come on in call! Think of the days between now and then as your last few Skyless days.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
java43 said:
Oh for Pete's sake...sorry about the reference to Oregon...I guess I am getting a little giddy, now that the shock is wearing off.
But hey I'm gonna take it trippin to Cali in three weeks!
Now that is a drive! There are more Sky owners daily. Let us know what area you're in and you might well be able to hook up with at least one of us:thumbs:.

My husband is originally from North Dakota. He took me back to see Bowman and I was flabbergasted at how far we had to drive after the plane portion of our trip! Gave me a real appreciation for living in that part of the country.

·
Registered
266 Posts
SkyHope said:
Now that is a drive! There are more Sky owners daily. Let us know what area you're in and you might well be able to hook up with at least one of us:thumbs:.

My husband is originally from North Dakota. He took me back to see Bowman and I was flabbergasted at how far we had to drive after the plane portion of our trip! Gave me a real appreciation for living in that part of the country.
Yeah, you need real appreciation to live here! Cripes I have to go to another state to buy a car!
Born and raised in Monterey...go home as often as possible...Going to San Diego this trip, but a side trip isn't out of the question.
i'm a little worried about the distance ...the long road trips got too long on the bike a few years ago, hoping I do better in the Sky :thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Up way toooo early this AM. Our sneak peek at our Sky late last night produced predictable results - Jack had difficult unwinding and falling asleep while I had trouble staying asleep. Between the two of us we'll manage to not be a menance on the road:lol: .

We were talking last night. Dilema = we have an endless list of family/friends/acquaintances who want to see Jack's Sky. Bet we could fill the entire weekend making the rounds. We've pared it down to mix some free time with the obligatory rounds, not that it won't all be a kick:cheers:.

Only 2.5 hours 'til our appointment. My sister is giving us a ride over so Jack and I can make the ride home together. Very much looking forward to that first cruise!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
usmc said:

I need to come over there to ride with ya all. Were gonna be 112 today & 113 tomorrow...:willy:

·
Registered
76 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS... ANOTHER PROUD OWNER OF THE SKY....:cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
SkyHope said:
Dilema = we have an endless list of family/friends/acquaintances who want to see Jack's Sky. Bet we could fill the entire weekend making the rounds. We've pared it down to mix some free time with the obligatory rounds, not that it won't all be a kick:cheers:.
I've been wondering about showing off the SKY to everyone once I get it too... it really will be a whole weekend project!

But, it will so be worth it, that will be good time to break it in! I hope you have a fun weekend with lots of people getting whiplash from looking at your car!! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts