Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Redline allocations have been coming out, I thought I would check with my dealer Sales Manager to see if he got an allocation for my RL. I was the only one to order an RL at this dealership and was promised #1. When I checked with him he said he had just received one allotment but felt he had to give it to a customer who had originally ordered a base back in February but been passed three time because of restraints of 5 speeds and now they wamted to change their order to an RL. He promised that I would get the next RL with a projected delivery date of November. Does that stink or what? This does not leave a good taste iin my mouth about the Saturn.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That's not right...:nono: I'm guessing that I'll end up getting the shaft from my dealer as well with a similar situation. Back in July, we told our GM that we were interested in getting the 1st 2008 R/L from that dealership (we bought our base Sky there). We were told "no problem", and that they would be in touch with us when it was time to order...but I have to wonder if we will get passed up over all the others that are waiting on 2007 R/L's. I'm sure my dealer has a list a mile long for the 07 R/L...and I imagine any orders that they cannot fill for an 07, will most likely get switched to an 08...leaving us with nothing. :banghead: I'm stopping by my dealer this weekend to find out about getting a partial refund for the extended warranty that we purchased, now that GM has extended the factory warranty....so I plan on asking him if we are still 1st for an 08 R/L...we shall see.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Since the Redline allocations have been coming out, I thought I would check with my dealer Sales Manager to see if he got an allocation for my RL. I was the only one to order an RL at this dealership and was promised #1. When I checked with him he said he had just received one allotment but felt he had to give it to a customer who had originally ordered a base back in February but been passed three time because of restraints of 5 speeds and now they wamted to change their order to an RL. He promised that I would get the next RL with a projected delivery date of November. Does that stink or what? This does not leave a good taste iin my mouth about the Saturn.
Happened to me also!!!!:brentil: Dealer called and he keyed everything into the computer to match the imaged redline. Manual trans happened to be on constrants. Dealer gave the order to the next person in line that wanted an automatic. Whats a real bitch, it they didn't even call to see if I would settle for automatic.:mad: Now dealer tells me he may not get anymore allocations this year and I should look to some other dealer.:banghead:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Join the club.

I was told I was #2 in all of Indy (The same company owns all three dealerships here). 2 RL allocations have come this way, and mine wasn't ordered.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Now dealer tells me he may not get anymore allocations this year and I should look to some other dealer.:banghead:
That particular dealer sounds like he's cruising for a complaint to corporate. Either that or he's gotten enough complaints against them that they aren't given any more allocations (supposedly saturn is doing that to dealers who are price gouging).

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Skyfan, it seems that your situation is somewhat different than the folks that responded. I read, and reread, your post. Since it is not MY car, I may be looking at differently than if WERE my car. BUT ---- I am having a small issue here as the dealer determines if it wants to honor a two car order from one customer, and it WILL effect the timeline on my RL order. So at this point I am either 3rd or 4th in line!! You know what? I think the guy should be getting what he ordered! After all, the order was a few weeks earlier than mine and they accepted his deposit!! Now, with THAT said, I am now going to stick my nose into your situation!! Please don't be mad at me. I think that your dealership is probably doing the right thing IF, and only if, his order was in before yours. Why? If his order was in first, technically he is adding an option code. It would be different if he was changing from an Ion or a Vue. I can also see your point of view as well. In case your are not yet busy burning me at the stake in your mind, the GOOD news is that you would be getting a slightly later production unit and that could mean that the build quality should be better!! (That is what I keep telling myself about my yet to be imaged Redline!!) One last thought - if it were me I might be asking the Sales Manager what he is going to do for ME as compensation for MY inconvenience as he appeases another customer at MY expense!!! You never know!!!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Don't feel bad... I was #2 when we started placing preliminary orders for the RedLine but now I'm #4 because 2 Regular SKY orders changed their mind and decided they wanted the RedLine instead. It's only fair since they have been on the list before me anyways... I was not happy about it; but it's fair!!! :banghead:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Skyfan

Just so you know, my dealer told everyone right up front car allocations would go out in order placed, ie.. everyone in front gets first right of refusal on all allocations until they get what they want. :)

Since I was told up front thats how it was going to be, I have no complaints.

Also note that policy works both ways since I am now on the list in the #1 slot (my dealer is small and only getting one allocation a month), everyone behind me will be getting a shot at anything that doesn't exactly match my sky, since I am not going to settle for anything less then the exact car I ordered, so they get a shot at getting one earlier than anticipated.:thumbs:

Also means I have to continue turning down cars knowing it will be at least another month before I can try the redline lotto again :banghead:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dealers and Saturn communication

My dealer in North Olmsted Ohio is doing the best he can. Like the company I work for, communication from corporate isn't the best, to say the least. This dealer had a number of reservations, and he kept me updated at every turn. So it is supposed to be built starting today, 9-11(!). I ordered a midnite blue RL with the middle stereo (6disc monsoon). Anyway, my dealer has always let me know whenever he gets one delivered, so I run up there and snap some pictures to compare them all side-by-side. Photoed red, silver, yellow, black, missed a white one and a green one.
Boy that interior cover looks great, but they have to drill BIG GIANT holes, like on a boat, to mount snaps to hold the thing down. Holes also are drilled for the luggage rack, mudflaps (I think), and the factory windscreen....I will clearly be looking for alternatives there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
impatient or what?

:confused: I ordered a chili pepper red on May 22 after decicing not to buy a used C-5 vette. My salesman told me the usual hooplaa that he would be contacting me to keep me up to date. The date of the Sky arrival would be around Oct 22. Of course, I did the calling and he always had the same news- that he had none. Two months passed and he had some news- The saturn plant was putting on another shift and I would be getting the car in Sept. I went to the bank and made arrangements for them to guarantee a low interest rate for a month. September came and when I asked for my salesman, I was informed he had quit. The sales manager told me that he wasn't sure when I my car was to be ordered since they had redlines that could be ordered now. I then talked to the "ordering department" and when I told her my story, she commented that it wouldn't be fair for me to skip over orders placed before mine. I told her I just wanted an aproximate date of delivery so I could inform my bank. They were having there ordering meeting the next day and i could call back then. I called the next day and talked to the general manger at the dealership. Of course, mine wasn't "picked up". He told me that it was a good possibility that at the next meeting in two weeks my car would be ordered. He gave me an approximate delivery date of Nov 10- maybe. I now have to go back to my bank and see if they can hold that interest rate for me until then. Of course, the top-down driving days will be over here in Pennsylvania and snow will be on the ground a month later but I should be thankful that I will have "chili" in the garage on Thanksgiving Day- maybe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts