Saturn Sky Forum banner

Got to see (and touch) a SKY

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  PLH 
#1 ·
When my dealer called telling me I could order Sunni, he also mentioned there would be a SKY at the showroom to see. It was Chili Pepper Red (mine will be Yellow) but it had the Black leather Interior that comes w/the Yellow.
Now some of you know me and know that my wife is about 99.99999993% behind this car buy. She keeps me practical and stops me from killing myself at a semi-regular basis. So 99.99999993% is pretty damned good.
We drove up and went inside. It was close where the sales dudes (and Dudettes) could keep an eye on it -- It was HOT.
If you have not stood next to a SKY -- you have NO idea. It is wide, low and very mean looking -- it wants to spring forward. WOW -- No, more than WOW: Fanf**kingtastic is much more like it. We stared (I took pics will try to attach here) I drooled :drool: (I had a Kleenex). My wife buries her head in my shoulder and says, "That is the hottest Effin car I have ever seen. Thanks for talking me into this..."

#3 ·
i just got back from dealership and drove it this time.....i turned the drive down a few days ago...too much traffic and repair on I10.....they took it off the showroom floor for me to drive... it really drives well....i havn't driven a stick in about 28 years.....but I went right into it...in fact, Joe, my salesman, asked me if I was sure i hadn't driven a manual recently (I really think he was worried i might mess up)....it's nice and smoothe........i need to get use to riding low in the seat...in my tahoe i am up high........but it is really a beautiful drive....hoping my image gets here sooner!!!!!!

#4 ·
I have my Sky now, but when I went to go pick it up I was nervous since I had never seen one in real life and never bought a car without testing it out first. I get there and it is in the back garage bay, they are putting the accessories on it. My dealer says come with me, you have to see this. He takes me back and around a corner and I see a vette and then a little further around and there she is!!! I will tell you, the sky has curves that will kill and looks a lot better than the vette(at least this one). I mean for what we are paying for the sky, it is an awesome looking car.

If you have not been next to a Sky yet, you will be overwhelmed by its size. It is wide, nice curves, and Silver Graphite is awesome looking. Thats the color of my Sky. By the time I completed the paperwork it was dark out. The lights on the sky are really cool looking.

I really hope everyone gets theirs soon:cheers:

#5 ·
stonewall said:
I have my Sky now, but when I went to go pick it up I was nervous since I had never seen one in real life and never bought a car without testing it out first. I get there and it is in the back garage bay, they are putting the accessories on it. My dealer says come with me, you have to see this. He takes me back and around a corner and I see a vette and then a little further around and there she is!!! I will tell you, the sky has curves that will kill and looks a lot better than the vette(at least this one). I mean for what we are paying for the sky, it is an awesome looking car.

If you have not been next to a Sky yet, you will be overwhelmed by its size. It is wide, nice curves, and Silver Graphite is awesome looking. Thats the color of my Sky. By the time I completed the paperwork it was dark out. The lights on the sky are really cool looking.

I really hope everyone gets theirs soon:cheers:
Ok, Ok you are giving me more butterflys in my tummy. I fill Im halfway there at least I got my image. Im sure I will need a huge box of kleenex when she finally gets here :D

#6 ·
Ditto to all of you! I have the red one with black coming in May. I have never been so excited about getting a car before...almost like my first child being born feeling.

By the way, we went out for dinner tonight and while driving by a parking lot, my wife thought she saw a Sky so we quickly pulled around to take a look...it was a Sol. Funny thing though, we were driving down Central Ave. in Toledo (Saturn Dealership is there), and we actually spotted a SKY, Silver, going the opposite direction as us- tword the dealership. We came within an inch of turning around to see if it was one from the dealer out for a test drive, but didn't. Now we are home and we both laughed at the fact we were sitting down sulking...WE SHOULD HAVE TURNED AROUND! Never thought a car could drive you crazy.

#7 ·
Kustomkaps said:
Ditto to all of you! I have the red one with black coming in May. I have never been so excited about getting a car before...almost like my first child being born feeling.

By the way, Never thought a car could drive you crazy.
Yes it can. And to top it all off it is a short drive to insanity. But a long drive in serenity afterwards. Skip, an introspection today only.......:willy: :willy:

#8 ·
And the insanity is contagious! Just ask everyone that has seen me and my baby!:cool: :willy: :willy:

#9 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
If you have not stood next to a SKY -- you have NO idea. It is wide, low and very mean looking -- it wants to spring forward. WOW -- No, more than WOW: Fanf**kingtastic is much more like it. We stared (I took pics will try to attach here) I drooled :drool: (I had a Kleenex). My wife buries her head in my shoulder and says, "That is the hottest Effin car I have ever seen. Thanks for talking me into this..."
So true I couldn't believe how hot this car is in person!

Attachments

#10 ·
belletire said:
STOP IT!! I have no idea when I'm ever going to get mine and posts like this just make me more anxious. :willy:
If that one excites you don't read the ones by NCBLUE. You won't be able to stand it. She has a very good description of picking up her car. It almost killed me. I had to stop several times.

#11 ·
rick112 said:
If that one excites you don't read the ones by NCBLUE. You won't be able to stand it. She has a very good description of picking up her car. It almost killed me. I had to stop several times.

I saw that....getting so impatient not knowing anything that I almost agreed to buy a Solstice.....still thinking about it.

#12 ·
belletire said:
I saw that....getting so impatient not knowing anything that I almost agreed to buy a Solstice.....still thinking about it.
You might want to think twice about the Solstice, alot of the features that come standard on the Sky are options on the Soltice, plus I think the front ends of the Skys look sleeker, but then thats my opinion. That and a nickle wont get a ride downtown on the bus... :lol:

#13 ·
The SKY is soo much worth the wait-don't just settle for a Solstice. I test drove one and it was OK, but the lines on the Sky are sooo much classier. The Sol seemed really confining, I thought. It's interior is also not as high quality as the Sky's. The radio seemed the same, as well as the driver info ctr, but the gauges were different, as well as the vents. You have to make the decision, but if you are able to wait, I urge, no, I beg you to wait!!! Then again, you could buy a Sol and trade it in on your Sky??? Don't know what the$$$ might entail, though:confused: JMHO

#14 ·
NCBlue said:
The SKY is soo much worth the wait-don't just settle for a Solstice. I test drove one and it was OK, but the lines on the Sky are sooo much classier. The Sol seemed really confining, I thought. It's interior is also not as high quality as the Sky's. The radio seemed the same, as well as the driver info ctr, but the gauges were different, as well as the vents. You have to make the decision, but if you are able to wait, I urge, no, I beg you to wait!!! Then again, you could buy a Sol and trade it in on your Sky??? Don't know what the$$$ might entail, though:confused: JMHO
Wait for the SKY, please! It is worth it TRUST ME!!!!!!!!

#15 ·
just turned her off

Dealer called,left message(this is Joe from Saturn,its here)
Flew there in a flash,seen it again for first time since august,Joe threw me the keys,I started this baby up,listen to that sweet motor,:cheers: Then I just turned her off? I told him didnt need to drive it,knew it was awesome just by the way it sit there:)
AM I CRAZY?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.