Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen any discussion on GPS units. What are you using and why?:confused:

While I'm waiting for the arrival (due mid Aug), I sold my Garmin SPIII delux (to big) and bought a new Garmin c530 :D This unit is small, lightweight and covers the entire USA including Canada. These maps are all preloaded.:thumbs: Bought the unit on the internet for $505 which included shipping.

If someone can explain how to post some pics, I'll be glad to show the unit and how I personalized the opening screen.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Angel said:
Haven't seen any discussion on GPS units. What are you using and why?:confused:

If someone can explain how to post some pics, I'll be glad to show the unit and how I personalized the opening screen.
Go to the gallery area, click on upload pictures in upper right. Then click browse and point to the stored location of the pictures you want to upload. Easiest for me is pictures that are on my computer.

Now that pictures are part of your gallery, you can attach them to your post and they appear as a thumbnail.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
We have Garmin units in our cars..... with my husbands offices all over and... he is a Pilot also.. and.... with the boat.... it helps to know where we need to go.... otherwise... i have used it while out of town to find restaurants.... shopping etc....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
482 Posts
I like the Lorance 500c, preloaded maps, streight line nav, for boats and off road and large touch screen. Comes with suction cup and boat mounts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
posting pictures

Chicago Skyline said:
Go to the gallery area, click on upload pictures in upper right. Then click browse and point to the stored location of the pictures you want to upload. Easiest for me is pictures that are on my computer.

Now that pictures are part of your gallery, you can attach them to your post and they appear as a thumbnail.
Thank you for the info. I'll start messing with it now:confused:

·
Registered
692 Posts
GPS?
I dont' WANT to know where I'm headed. I want it to be a complete and utterly unexpected surprise:D

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I have a Garmin nüvi 350. Absolutely love the little guy! He's shown me all of the little cool roads to drive instead of the interstate!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just used the OnStar. I simply pushed the little blue button and after they picked up, I asked "where the heck am I" and they told me exactly where I was, and which way I was driving. Kind of freaky though...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the garmin nuvi350 as well. Its the best navigation system i've ever used and about the size of a deck of playing cards. It also plugs right into the mp3 port to hear directions through your speakers.

Has anyone mounted any of their nav systems in their cars, and if so, any pics? I still haven't mounted mine, I just leave it leaning on the dash.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I'm still learning about these forums and how threads work.:confused:

Posted thumbnails of my Garmin in the Thumbnail Tests thread by mistake :D

Garmin1.JPG Case and Manual

Garmin2.JPG Personalized start up screen

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
30 Days + 30 Posts

Angel said:
You gotta wait till you've been a member for 30 days and have had 30 posts as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
30+30

That sure explains alot. Where could I have found that information, before I spent a frustrating hour :mad: trying to create a gallery:rolleyes:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Angel said:
That sure explains alot. Where could I have found that information, before I spent a frustrating hour :mad: trying to create a gallery:rolleyes:
Oh no ! sorry you spent an hour doing the :banghead: There is a section on rules and regs on the main page that explains all of that stuff. I did the same thing when I was new :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
In my SL2 I use the Pioneer AVIC-N1... wonderful all in one system. In my SKY I am planning the AVIC-Z1. No flip out screen motor to break like the N1.

The reason I do the full all in one type unit is for a few reasons... mostly for car shows. Having a GPS, Satellite Unit, DVD player, etc all in different places not only looks unappealing to judges... also takes too much room.

·
Registered
482 Posts
It seems that people tell Maverick where to go alot and sometimes he isn't even lost............Guess Maverick doesn't need GPS, he will have no problem finding the place that people tell him to go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've Got the Nuvi 350 too! I have mine attached to the center of the dash with the suction cup mounting (on the plastic in the center) Works great and doesn't block any of the view!

I had an AVIC-N2 in my truck, worked great and had a ton of features.

The Crutchfield advisor said that none of the AVIC series units will fit in the Sky or Sol... ???

If it does end up fitting, won't you loose the Onstar and phone options if you switch out the OEM radio?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm just going to get a GPS add on for my Treo 650. I hear Tom Tom is good.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Who makes best touch screen GPS

I definitely like touch screens GPS's I have a great one in my Cadillac. No so great one in my Z4. Who makes the best automobile touch screen GPS?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Although I have the Garmin Streetpilot 2620, I have not used it in my Sky. I have had it for over two years and I really love it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts