Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you enjoy the color not that you have it? regret the choice? wish you would have picked a different one? I ordered a redline in graphite but keep going back and forth about if it was the right decision or not. i like the red, but every pic of red looks different, so it's hard to see what it will really look like. i also like the midnight blue but it looks too black sometimes maybe. the black would be my next choice but i think it looks not as good with the dark headlights(why couldn't they have just stayed the same?!?!?)

does the graphite look like a flat gray as someone posted earlier, or does it sparkle like the other colors? any and all input will be much appreciated. i really need to decide soon. even if you don't own a redline but have seen one in person please give your .02. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm not a graphite owner but it was our 2nd choice. Saw it in the showroom floor and my mouth dropped. It is so gorgeous in person. Very rich and classy looking. We really wanted red leather and thought it would go best with the silver pearl. The graphite looks great with black leather and definately chrome rims. The color is not flat, it has a "metallicy" dimension to it, if I remember correctly. There is no wrong choice because the car is awesome in any color!

·
Registered
277 Posts
In my experience (OPINION) I have seen about 3 grey Skys and I have noticed the paint can be cloudy in places and seems to not look as "Clean" in the sense of a factory paint job should...2 cents

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
Do you enjoy the color not that you have it? please give your .02. thanks a lot.
Please see my responses to the "flat color" comments on that thread: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7103
I also believe the picture in that thread is of a dity Graphite or perhaps it was overcast and the reflection is of a dull sky.

Also these are some of the popular pictures of my Sky that show off the luster of the color:
Fairgrounds Silver Graphite
Parking lot Silver Graphite

I ordered the SG without ever seeing even a picture of it outside of Saturn.com and I couldn't have been more pleased when it arrived. I love the color on other cars (z350, G35) and I think it is very becoming of the sky's curves. Its a nice contrast to the chrome accents and has a classy look that doesn't scream out too loud (even though the car itself does that anyway).

If given a chance to order again (or get a redline) I would get the Graphite again for sure, well Yellow would be fun to terrorize the other roadsters in, but for my everyday use, yeah, Im not second guessing my choice at all.

I had the Midnight Blue on my SC2 so I did not renew with that color for the Sky, even though its a fantastic choice and the fact it "changes" color depedning upon lighting is a great thing.

I'm thinking the black would look even better with the dark headlights too so don't discount that choice, though I'm getting pretty tired of reading about how its the "fastest color" -- whatever that means.

Always keep in mind... ALL colors look fantastic on the Sky.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I visited I-70 Raceway outside of KC, Mo. when the Solstice convention was in town about a month ago. My 2c worth

1) The Midnight Blue is almost black 50 feet away. VERY dark.
2) White is very sharp, especially with tan leather.
3) Red is very red. Cops will see you!!
4) The Yellow will rip out your retinas. Great looking.
5) Black is everywhere and on a small car looks dirty faster!
6) Silver DOES look great with the balck or balck/red interior. It WAS my choice w black/red.
7) I labored over the choice, too. There was a silver Sky at my dealership and a Graphite Sol was in the next parking lot. I changed the order after looking at the two cars for about an hour!

If you want to get REALLY noticed, order Red or Yellow. But my take is that the graphite best picks up the lines of the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Color is a personal choice. My pick was Chili Pepper Red and I love it. Might have gone dark blue but I just sold my Miata that was dark blue. I love black when clean and shiny but I have an F150 that is black and impossible to keep clean. Good luck with your choice.:driving: :driving:

·
Registered
72 Posts
IF I had the time to wash our sky after everytime I took her out for a drive my colour of choice would be black with the tan top... That being said, we chose to go with the graphite and we're more than pleased with our choice. It's just as sweet looking, as it did in the show room 13 days ago, and 847 miles later.
Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
358 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Get the red/black interior. I saw it and it's awesome against the graphite.
moni6 said:
I'm not a graphite owner but it was our 2nd choice. Saw it in the showroom floor and my mouth dropped. It is so gorgeous in person. Very rich and classy looking. We really wanted red leather and thought it would go best with the silver pearl. The graphite looks great with black leather and definately chrome rims. The color is not flat, it has a "metallicy" dimension to it, if I remember correctly. There is no wrong choice because the car is awesome in any color!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the silver graphite and I love it. It does have the metallic sparkle in the paint. I have seen all the colors of the Sky in person except for green. Black always looks sharp in a sports car and the midnight blue is also nice. However, both those colors show every speck of dirt and water spot. I went with the graphite because I like the darker colors but I was hoping it would be like silver and not show dirt too bad. I wasn't disappointed. If I had it to do over I would get the graphite again. Now if I could garage it at all times after driving it I think I would be tempted by black or blue. But having to park it outside at work graphite was the way to go. Also, I have the red/black interior. IMO it looks great with the graphite. Good luck with your choices.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I have silver pearl and have seen in person red, blue, and graphite. Red will grab the rug and pull it out from under you. But too much for me. I like blue cars, but not this one. I don't know why. I haven't seen one in person but the green looks great in the pics I've seen on the forum. As I've said before and will say again, they don't make an ugly Sky.

·
Registered
277 Posts
sky dawg said:
Black always looks sharp in a sports car and the midnight blue is also nice. However, both those colors show every speck of dirt and water spot.
You mean you don't was it every other day like I do? LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Saw a Red Sky today and it was totally wicked looking. Im thinking about changing my order to Red. hmmm...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I drive by the dealership in Surprise, AZ every day on my way home. Over the last few months, each color except Midnight Blue has arrived and no matter what color is "in" that day, there is no wrong choice. The easiest decision is to buy, the hardest decision is picking the color. I think I have changed my mind 20 times. Fun, Fun, Fun.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Color is SO personal!
I never even thought of silver or gray -- why -- people said - Sleek cool calm -- Not me
Black, midnight blue, green Sophisticated- classy - so not a sports car
For me this car NEVER spoke of class or cool or sophistication – to me it has always been fun and IN YOUR FACE.

No color beyond Red or Yellow EVER entered my mind -- because to me a sports car has never been sleek, cool, calm sophisticated, classy – No; to me red or yellow was what it should be.
To you either - both colors may make you retch. -- So individualistic color choice is...
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
Do you enjoy the color not that you have it? regret the choice? wish you would have picked a different one? I ordered a redline in graphite but keep going back and forth about if it was the right decision or not. i like the red, but every pic of red looks different, so it's hard to see what it will really look like. i also like the midnight blue but it looks too black sometimes maybe. the black would be my next choice but i think it looks not as good with the dark headlights(why couldn't they have just stayed the same?!?!?)
Are you flipping kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously.....no, really. Have you seen my car? Have you?

Good Grief! I have had nothing but compliments on the color, it's so smooth.

I think you've gone mad.
Angelqute1

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer has had every color at one time or another that I've had the opportunity to see except graphite. Sorry. I opted for silver pearl but if I had to make another choice it would be either midnight blue w/tan or green w/tan. Even my wife who is not a big fan of green could not believe how nice it looked.

·
Registered
421 Posts
snaponbob said:
But my take is that the graphite best picks up the lines of the car.
I've now attended two Sky gatherings (the last one included Solstices) and every color was represented except whilte.

I love my Graphite for exactly the reason mentioned by snaponbob. All the chrome trim plus the silver pearl accent strips around the windshield and across the trunk lid really set the Graphite off the best.

Check my gallery and see how the sunlight really shows the lines of this car. Mine also has the polished chrome wheels and at the a car show this weekend people were really commenting.

The Green probably has the best natural paint sparkle in bright light.

·
Registered
322 Posts
IF....IF I had a choice in all this it would be to have a tan roof on the Graphite.
Next would be the Vette maroon with tan. But they don't make that (yet):D

Color is SOOOOO personal. For instance, I like the Silver Pearl. My dealer has a Chili Pepper Red I could have yesterday....it is really sharp, just not me. I love the Graphite, it looks fantastic, BUT, my choice boiled down to the car having a lot of painted silver trim that I think looks best with Silver Pearl, and also I thought I'd save $$$ ordering painted rims with Silver. Not to be :rolleyes: as they are now on constraint. Go for what you love.:cool: Everyone here is right about one thing......EVERY Sky looks good. hell it'd look good in primer!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Nutz over my silver graphite

I like my choice of silver graphite more each day. The sun dances off the car and the chrome accents and wheels really sparkle. Matched with my red/black interior I get nothing but positive comments. IMHO I could not have picked a better color for my SKY.

See my gallery for evidence!

:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:

does the graphite look like a flat gray as someone posted earlier, or does it sparkle like the other colors? any and all input will be much appreciated. i really need to decide soon. even if you don't own a redline but have seen one in person please give your .02. thanks a lot.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7103
If you look down the page there are some awesome pics of the silver graphite up close. It definately has a metallic finish that shines like stars.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts