Limited Slip Diff
Six-disc, in-dash CD/MP3 player with Monsoon audio system
18-inch chrome-plated flangeless alloy wheels
LoJack Early Warning
interior/exterior R-2000 treatment
Extended warranty
250mi

http://web.mac.com/jjasper/iWeb/LA/Sky.html

$32,000 (slightly less than I paid for it)
Los Angeles, CA

I paid cash for the car so I have the title free and clear, just waiting to get it from Sacramento. Car is in perfect working order, just decided it is not the car for me.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
krazygoat said:
Silver Graphite
Black Premium Interior
Black top
5 speed manual
Limited Slip Diff
Six-disc, in-dash CD/MP3 player with Monsoon audio system
18-inch chrome-plated flangeless alloy wheels
LoJack Early Warning
interior/exterior R-2000 treatment
Extended warranty
250mi

$32,500 (slightly less than I paid for it)
Los Angeles, CA

I paid cash for the car so I have the title free and clear, just waiting to get it from Sacramento. Car is in perfect working order, just decided it is not the car for me.
Just a quick question on the LoJack early response. I just got that installed on my baby and wondering how you like it? Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I paid $32,575. I had one of the dealers who was charging MSRP for the car but then tacking on marked up dealer stuff.

I actually like the LoJack since it will alert me via cell phone and email (you can set it to whatever you like) if the car is stolen. I live in LA so you never know, plus it gives you an insurance discount that helps offset the cost somewhat. I am not an OnStar fan so I never even enabled that yet in the car, but I know some people who love it, and I could see how it would be useful in a bad wreck.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
On star is good in a wreck, but as far as tracing the car if stolen, all a theif has to do is rip the onstar anteanna off and its no good. Im glad I got LoJac. :thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Just a quick question on the LoJack early response. I just got that installed on my baby and wondering how you like it? Thanks
I like mine. I had it installed in the beginning. Haven't really had a way to test it yet as I cannot get more than 100 feet from her at any time (got to have her in view). Not that I don't trust her running off with some ol skuzzy buick or one of those smooth talkin french cars. I did toss my hat into the open cockpit and the alarm did sound, so that part works. I keep waiting for that call on my cell phone saying somebody is moving or touching my baby. Then I'll know that my Lojack is working. Maybe I'll have my wife guard her and I'll drive a few blocks away and she can give her a little shake..not too hard! Paranoid, I am!

·
Registered
314 Posts
krazygoat said:
Roseville? We just missed seeing one there this weekend.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
eldeeko said:
I like mine. I had it installed in the beginning. Haven't really had a way to test it yet as I cannot get more than 100 feet from her at any time (got to have her in view). Not that I don't trust her running off with some ol skuzzy buick or one of those smooth talkin french cars. I did toss my hat into the open cockpit and the alarm did sound, so that part works. I keep waiting for that call on my cell phone saying somebody is moving or touching my baby. Then I'll know that my Lojack is working. Maybe I'll have my wife guard her and I'll drive a few blocks away and she can give her a little shake..not too hard! Paranoid, I am!
I understand the paranoid part, thats how I was untill I had the early waring installed. Gonna probably test it this weekend. Was reading the manuel and it says you can move it a few hundred feet (like up in driveway) and it wont go off. Let me know if your baby "hooks" up with that french car....:lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No not in Roseville, I am in San Marino which is by Pasadena. Have not been driving it much to keep miles off it since I am selling. It IS a blast to drive and I do get a ton of compliments on it, but alas, it just isn't for us. Kind of disappointed since I was so hyped up for this car waiting on mine to arrive.

Biggest problem is my brother-in-law, bless his heart, just wrecked my new Porsche, thankfully only needs a new front bumper. But I am the only one who can drive stick so if my wife or he needs to use the car well they are stuck (hmm, maybe that is a good thing).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just dropped price to $32,000 to match what I set my autotrader ad for. Almost at 400 miles now too, she is a blast to drive. Will be missed greatly.

Did get my Porsche fixed, $3000 for a bumper! ouch. And people think Saturn is jacking people on stuff, just try and get an oil change from the dealer on a Porsche, $200!

·
Registered
304 Posts
agirltrucker said:
On star is good in a wreck, but as far as tracing the car if stolen, all a theif has to do is rip the onstar anteanna off and its no good.
Again, this is not true. It can still be tracked, the signal is not as strong.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
krazygoat said:
Just dropped price to $32,000 to match what I set my autotrader ad for. Almost at 400 miles now too, she is a blast to drive. Will be missed greatly.

Did get my Porsche fixed, $3000 for a bumper! ouch. And people think Saturn is jacking people on stuff, just try and get an oil change from the dealer on a Porsche, $200!
I can't understand why anybody would pay a mark up of 5 to 7 thousand on a car like the Solstice or Sky.

·
Registered
517 Posts
deluke said:
I can't understand why anybody would pay a mark up of 5 to 7 thousand on a car like the Solstice or Sky.
If it wasnt over msrp, wasnt really a mark up just a loaded car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car was MSRP and is loaded, the extra costs is from
LoJack early warning system
R-2000 interior and exterior treatment
and the big one Extended Warranty. Although I can drop the price and cash that one in myself if the buyer prefers.

It isn't like I am trying to jack this thing up.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
krazygoat said:
The car was MSRP and is loaded, the extra costs is from
LoJack early warning system
R-2000 interior and exterior treatment
and the big one Extended Warranty. Although I can drop the price and cash that one in myself if the buyer prefers.

It isn't like I am trying to jack this thing up.
No, I know, I just thought you got charged 5,000.00 over MSRP that's all. I thought the dealer ripped you off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still enjoying the heck out of my Sky, will miss it if it sells. We I walk out and see it it just looks so good.

To try and generate an offer I am going to lower her only here to $31,500, so I will actually lose money in the deal. But at least I know here she will go to a loving home.

·
Registered
295 Posts
how much is it to install the lojack system...thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Not sure I will have to dig through my paperwork.

Also I realized I forgot to add a link to pics of the car so I added it to my first post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts