Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two gray flaps behind the seats don't always open when I put the top up. I'll have to juggle the roof and the trying to open the flaps. It looks like GM just ran down to JoAnn Fabrics and bought some cheap elastic ribbons to move them. Is it easy to repair / replace them?

2008 Sky RL
Auto tranny

·
Super Moderator
11,292 Posts
There should be metal cables clipped into the plastic doors with plastic clips to activate them when the top goes up and down. These do break often but you should be able to find the cables laying kinda limp under the panel somewhere unless those broke. Got pictures?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flap cables disconnected. How about that.

I happened to look at the flap on the drive side. The cable was just lying there. I put it back into the red plastic "bearing". When I looked at the passenger side, it also was just lying there so I put it back into the bearing. Question: Should this red plastic bearing be split lengthwise? Is it wise to drop some superglue on the cable to hold it in place?

·
Registered
108 Posts
My passenger side flap is off the pin, and the metal part that the cable should connect to is missing. Is this part available?

·
Registered
203 Posts
My passenger side flap is off the pin, and the metal part that the cable should connect to is missing. Is this part available?
Good timing, I noticed I'm missing the metal piece on the passenger side. Anyone know if they're available. Maybe have to buy the whole flap. We can probably make them ourselves!

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is what the passenger side should look like (if you click on them they should open up to a larger view.

The driver side should look similar, but reversed.

:thumbs:

Hey, those white plastic fittings under the screws for your wind deflector, where'd you get those? They didn't come with my deflector!

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
If I understand this drawing, the part I am looking for is not available except as part of an assembly, for $150.51. I believe the part I need is [URL=https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=14]#14 [/URL] , door assembly retainer.

https://www.gmpartsnow.com/auto-parts/2008/saturn/sky/red-line-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/rear-body-scat
Yes, #14 would be it. Maybe can get the part or the door off of ebay. Cars that have being parted out will also have it.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Hey, those white plastic fittings under the screws for your wind deflector, where'd you get those? They didn't come with my deflector!
They are aluminum fittings for my KappaShield, no longer available unless DDMworks still has some in the stuff they got when they bought up the KappaSphere inventory.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They are aluminum fittings for my KappaShield, no longer available unless DDMworks still has some in the stuff they got when they bought up the KappaSphere inventory.

OK, I get it! Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Does anyone happen to know a part number or description for the plastic retainers? I have one missing and would like to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
11,292 Posts
Yes, the Dorman stuff you find at most auto parts stores will work though I only have them available to me in a package that contains a ton of fasteners I don't need.

·
Registered
203 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts