Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to publically thank DDM for their outstanding customer service. My wife booked us a weekend trip to The Lodge in Cloudcroft, NM for our anniversary this weekend. This is the perfect drive for the Sky. She made a tee time for me which means my clubs would take up the majority of the trunk space. I decided a KappaRack was the best solution for us to bring our luggage so I ordered one on the way to work from my phone, she was driving BTW. I didn't pay attention to shipping options when I placed the order so I followed up with a phone call to make sure I selected one that will have the rack arrive before we had to leave Friday after work. I received a call back saying they checked the shipping options and changed it to one that made sure of a Friday delivery.

As promised, it arrived on time and saved the weekend. Thank you DDM!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need to publically thank DDM for their outstanding customer service. My wife booked us a weekend trip to The Lodge in Cloudcroft, NM for our anniversary this weekend. This is the perfect drive for the Sky. She made a tee time for me which means my clubs would take up the majority of the trunk space. I decided a KappaRack was the best solution for us to bring our luggage so I ordered one on the way to work from my phone, she was driving BTW. I didn't pay attention to shipping options when I placed the order so I followed up with a phone call to make sure I selected one that will have the rack arrive before we had to leave Friday after work. I received a call back saying they checked the shipping options and changed it to one that made sure of a Friday delivery.

Looks great! Your clubs actually fit in the trunk? Surely not with the top down.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir, they fit with the top down. 2 drivers, fairway woods, my shoes, 6 bottles of wine, a 6 pack and a few pint glasses all fit with the top down.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes sir, they fit with the top down. 2 drivers, fairway woods, my shoes, 6 bottles of wine, a 6 pack and a few pint glasses all fit with the top down.

Very cool! Never even tried mine, I always figured there was no way they would fit. I will definitely give it a try!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Still cracks me up about the golf bag... love it.

Don't want to give you bad news but - but my car had that rack on it when it was traded in. When the dealer removed it, the outline of where it sat on the trunk remained in the paint.

It's been buffed out but at the right angle at night you can still notice it.

Just giving you a heads up!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up. It'll be getting some clear bra back there to help protect the paint. I needed to get it on ASAP and didnt have time right then to do it.

·
Vendor
695 Posts

Glad that we could get it there for you in time and that it worked for you and always happy to help!

Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. It'll be getting some clear bra back there to help protect the paint. I needed to get it on ASAP and didnt have time right then to do it.
Vinnie, Please let us know how the rack works out. I've been thinking about getting one but was concerned with it's stability and seeing past it through the rear view mirror. Also, what is the "clear bra" you mentioned in your post. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vinnie, Please let us know how the rack works out. I've been thinking about getting one but was concerned with it's stability and seeing past it through the rear view mirror. Also, what is the "clear bra" you mentioned in your post. Thanks :)
The rack works great. It doesn't come with instructions but they can be found here:

http://www.kappasphere.com/images/p...ack/kappaRACK Installation Instructions_A.pdf

We had a 54lb bag strapped to the top, that's 4lb over what it says it can carry but with 2 ratchet straps it stayed put just fine doing 80MPH for 1hr 45min.

The clear bra, is actually a clear cling product that protects the paint. Some tint shops and detailing places can install it.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The rack works great. It doesn't come with instructions but they can be found here:

http://www.kappasphere.com/images/p...ack/kappaRACK Installation Instructions_A.pdf

We had a 54lb bag strapped to the top, that's 4lb over what it says it can carry but with 2 ratchet straps it stayed put just fine doing 80MPH for 1hr 45min.

The clear bra, is actually a clear cling product that protects the paint. Some tint shops and detailing places can install it.
Thanks for getting back. I'm definitely going to look into getting a trunk rack. There have been some threads on trailer hitches but if I need to carry that much stuff, I'll use my SUV. As always great information on this Forum. :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.