Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
If you are ever in the North East corner, make a stop in Perryville at the Grist Mill Tavern...Jeff and I went "Skying" today and had lunch there...what a charming place, awesome food, and great prices!!!
Here is the website if you want to check out the menu: gristmilltavern.com
Jeff had fish and chips with a tartar sauce that will knock your socks off...don't know what they put in it but it was really great and I had a turkey sandwich (fresh not deli) with carmalized onions, blackened tomato, provolone with a spicy mayo...YUM!!!!
Can't wait to go again!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Hey All,
If you are ever in the North East corner, make a stop in Perryville at the Grist Mill Tavern...Jeff and I went "Skying" today and had lunch there...what a charming place, awesome food, and great prices!!!
Here is the website if you want to check out the menu: gristmilltavern.com
Jeff had fish and chips with a tartar sauce that will knock your socks off...don't know what they put in it but it was really great and I had a turkey sandwich (fresh not deli) with carmalized onions, blackened tomato, provolone with a spicy mayo...YUM!!!!
Can't wait to go again!!!!:cheers:

Sounds like a nice place..maybe I will have to plan a masscc luncheon someday....and I'm sure there are nice places to have a short run...I will check out the website when I get home....:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I took a look at the Menu when I got home, they have some really delicious stuff...can't wait to try it!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
maybe i'm lazy, but Karen about how far is it from Bel Air? I'm not familiar with Perryville

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe i'm lazy, but Karen about how far is it from Bel Air? I'm not familiar with Perryville
Hey Bart,
Route 40 East cross over the Hatem Bridge in Havre de Grace (pay the $5 and get a one year sticker or it's $5 every time you cross) and Perryville is just after the bridge...hang a right at the first light, follow that road to the end and the Grist Mill is to the left at the intersection at the end of the road.
It was a really neat place...we can't wait to go back!!!!:thumbs:

Oh, it's about 25-30 minutes from Bel Air.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went back to Grist Mill Tavern today...crab "stew" was excellent, also had rockfish fish taco's....can y'all say YUM!!! Oh, and the BEST guacamole (sp?) I have ever eaten....OMG....so good!!!!!!!!
If ever in Perryville MD, do yourself a favor and stop in!!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I was watching "wedding crashers" last night and there was a line ... "crabcakes and football..that's what Maryland is all about"..thought about you guys...I remember you two talking about crabbing ... :lol:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was watching "wedding crashers" last night and there was a line ... "crabcakes and football..that's what Maryland is all about"..thought about you guys...I remember you two talking about crabbing ... :lol:
Yep, we do...lots of fun and the crabs are GREAT!! As for football, both boys played in high school and our younger played for college...miss football, wrestling, baseball, track days!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Yep, we do...lots of fun and the crabs are GREAT!! As for football, both boys played in high school and our younger played for college...miss football, wrestling, baseball, track days!
I think I have to have some crab cakes next time I am in Mary Land.....When we went to the DC Meet, we stopped at the second rest area, and they had all these crab souvenirs, Never knew it was a big deal in Maryland, you and Jeff are the first people I know from Maryland...:cheers:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maryland is crabs and beer!!! And like I said...when you bring them in fresh they are outstanding!!!! Jeff does an awesome job steaming them too!!! Can't wait till they start running down this end!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Maryland is crabs and beer!!! And like I said...when you bring them in fresh they are outstanding!!!! Jeff does an awesome job steaming them too!!! Can't wait till they start running down this end!
I have only had Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab Meat...I used to go crabbing in the Hudson...many..many..many years ago...My dad had a friend who had a "shack on the water"...:lol: And I think I went crabbing with my grandfather once on the Hudson A long time ago....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts