Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A dilemma... and I don't really expect to get an answer as it comes down to personal preference... but this is mildly strange so I thought I'd share.

Should I go with Forest Green or Sunburst Yellow?
Strange in that the two colors present two completely different messages. Green being sophisticated, and classy. A sports car that quietly sneaks up on you on the expressway, as you turn to the right as it passes and you do a double-take "oh.. that's really nice". The yellow is bold, brash... screams "here I am" and you'll notice it approaching in your rearview mirror a mile away, following it the whole time as it passes you and races in the distance.

The Sky (Redline) will be my car primarily, but of course my wife will drive it also. In trying to get her to be "on board" with the purchase, and my indecisiveness... I was really leaning on her color choice.

First she says Forest Green. It is an underrated color and i wasnt immediately sure, but I've been reading a bunch of posts and every says the green looks amazing with its metallic flakes in the paint. And then I saw these pics.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3984&highlight="sky+green"
This one in particular is my wallpaper... http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1790&d=1146153165
SWEET!!! I really liked it, but was still a little apprehensive, as we had a green mini-van 10 yrs ago... My apprehension was part not sure about green, and also thinking "If you're going to get a head turning sports car like the sky, why not just go all the way and go for a head turning color"
And then I saw this...
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=76391&postcount=20
where someone else calls out the Green as being mini-van reminiscent.

rats.

So after chatting with the misses, and showing her a bunch of pics of different colors, she says "go for the yellow and black"
like this: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3364&d=1150477474
As Rick says in one of his posts "the yellow says Look At Me!"
BUT.... then someone else says to me, when they think of yellow cars, they think of female recent college grads. I had similar thoughts about the yellow. I am not a female, and the college days were way back when.
ugh.

Another thought...Not that I belong to a country club, but the green would look right at home pulling up to the country club or swanky restaraunt. The yellow may look a little out of place. But, [email protected], that yellow sure will get everyone's attention!

So now I am stuck... I still think the demure, classy Green is awesome... and I think the "Here I am, in your face yellow" is awesome also.

I think it has something to do with being 40 on the outside, and 20 on the inside!

What do I do?!?!?

(funny thing... i mentioned to my wife the Yellow had a $200 or so upcharge and she says "well get the green then, why pay extra?" I replied "when you are looking at a 30,000 car, the $200 doesn't make a bit of difference!" :) )

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The Sky has such beautiful lines. I was worried that they would get lost with darker colours. I had to decide between black and red (after Bluestone fell through). I went with the red so I could show off those beautiful lines. I'll have to deal with the extra speeding tickets.:lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Green will always look good on a sportscar, just look at the Brits! Yellow is good too if that's your thing.

R

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The yellow certainly is bright and sharp. However, I really, really like the green with black. Classy.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Green it is!

I never really grabbed onto yellow... Blue made a strong showing, and almost overtook the green.

In the end... green is the win-nah for me!

So now all I have to do is wait. No problem.

is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Mine is yellow. I like the way the contrast with the black front grills creates negative space. It makes them much more visual than with darker body colors.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The green Sky is definately NOT mini-van reminiscent green - not to worry about anybody comparing you to a mini-van. The yellow is sporty - young - fast - but I would never think - recent college grad girl ??????? You better make sure and get the color that YOU really want - if you settle you will never be truly happy with the car. You need to think what will happen when folks compliment your car. Will you say:

"yeah, its really nice but I really wanted the yellow. The yellow is really sharp"

or will you say
"Really classy isnt it ? I love my green car"

Personally I could live with almost any color - its the options I wont compromise on (Redline - manual) Just make sure it doesnt nag at you that you didnt get exactly what you wanted.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I am definately not a yellow-car kind of guy but the more pics I have seen of the yellow the more fantastic I think it looks.

The green also has such classy roadster style to it.

I can see your dilema. I suppose I would recommend that you pick green if you will drive the car quite often and in to situations where a green Sky seems more shall we say humble (Imagine showing up to a funeral or to court in that screaming yellow Sky). If the car is a toy primarily, might as well spice it up with the brighter and more exotic yellow. But I think if the car is a year round, for all situations ride, you can never go wrong with the green... its like a black suit.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have seen green and it really loooks great, especially when the sunlight hits it. I would pick the green over the Yellow, nothing against yellow, but of the two I would take the green. If there wasn't a Silverpearl, that is!:D

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
The more i see of the green, the more i like it. Picking the color was definately the hardest part cause they all look good to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally, I would go with green, too. The yellow looks good on some cars but I don't really like it much on the Sky for some reason. I think I would get sick of that bright yellow after a very short while. The green is classic and elegant -- and should be much easier to sell later down the road.

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
Yellow was my first choice and if I could have waited on an order I would be driving a yellow one now. (but blue was my second choice and I still think it looks sharp...very happy with the blue.)

Something to keep in mind is that the green, like the blue, will show dirt very easily. That said, I think Green and Tan is a great combo on a roadster and had I not liked the blue so much that would have been what I was driving (one was available when I bought my blue one). Just some things to consider but like others said, ultimately up to you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I may be a bit biased, but I have to say green for sure!! :thumbs: I do like the yellow - it does scream "look at me!". But I also like the element of surprise you get with the darker color - it always catches people right when you drive up next to them. I also agree that the yellow does contrast well with the dark accents. But it certainly doesn't compare with how great the chrome POPS against the green. Especially with the metal flake!!

I need to get some more scenic pics up of our green to show this, but have been too busy lately. As SkyHi mentioned, there are a bunch of pics of my green at the Downers Grove pic thread.

One difference is that we opted for the black top and black interior. I personally don't like the tan top because there's no complete tan interior to match (only black/tan mixed). Also, I didn't care for the green/tan look - I like the top being a dark color also so it doesn't stand out as much.

Lastly, one of my favorite things with the green is that it's pretty rare compared to the other colors. Downers Grove proved that too - I had the only green. But, it's up to you and your preferences - you'll be happy with either! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would pick Green. Its a safe choice and it really looks rich.

The Yellow has its fans and its fans LOVE it. I would say if the Yellow doesn't jump right out at you and demand you get it--don't.

This is a curious choice because the colors are so different. You'll like both colors. But I don't think at any point you'd ever regret the Forest Green.

BTW--if you do get the Yellow, get Chrome Wheels. I saw a Yellow w/out Chrome and It seemed lacking IMHO.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Get ONE OF EACH.... that way... you can drive whichever one you are in the mood to drive.... heck, for that matter.... just get one in each color.... you will NEVER get bored.... you may have to hire someone to help you make up your mind of which BABY to drive... but.... then you wont be stuck to just 2 choices...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
8 colors, only 7 days in a week. I suggest you pick a color to exclude. Buy 7, and then assign them days. Kind of like I do my undies.

You know,

White on Monday
Blue on Tuesday
Green on Wednesday
Yellow on Thursday
Graphite on Friday
Black on Saturday
Silver on Sunday

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I am definately not a yellow-car kind of guy but the more pics I have seen of the yellow the more fantastic I think it looks.

The green also has such classy roadster style to it.

I can see your dilema. I suppose I would recommend that you pick green if you will drive the car quite often and in to situations where a green Sky seems more shall we say humble (Imagine showing up to a funeral or to court in that screaming yellow Sky). If the car is a toy primarily, might as well spice it up with the brighter and more exotic yellow. But I think if the car is a year round, for all situations ride, you can never go wrong with the green... its like a black suit.
I like your line of thought....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
8 colors, only 7 days in a week. I suggest you pick a color to exclude. Buy 7, and then assign them days. Kind of like I do my undies.

You know,

White on Monday
Blue on Tuesday
Green on Wednesday
Yellow on Thursday
Graphite on Friday
Black on Saturday
Silver on Sunday

:lol:
Hey me too -- But I have 12 pair:
January
February....