Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am in Skagway, Alaska - Population 600! - And I haven't seen a single SKY yet. Not one.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
What are you doing there? Did you make a wrong turn somewhere?
(probably a good time to be there, but i know I don't do alaska. send someone else... not my systems installed in that region anyway.)

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
WOW!!! Those pics are amazing! You didn't take those did you?
Maybe I shouldn't refuse all the time. The n/w guys just take pics of ice.

You have big toys you play with.

Can we get more pics?

·
Registered
358 Posts
And the trains that I play with! (That's what I'm doing in Alaska, Mark!)
I remember you saying this in another thread. Looks like you have a great job. Not bad to get paid for what you love to do in in such an incredible place!:D
:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW!!! Those pics are amazing! You didn't take those did you?
Maybe I shouldn't refuse all the time. The n/w guys just take pics of ice.

You have big toys you play with.

Can we get more pics?
I took the one of the steam loco. That's in Bennett, British Columbia (real important place during the Klondike Gold Rush). The second is a stock shot. The third photo my mom took when I went with her on a trip a year ago May. I have tons more pics on my 'puter at home. Those three I happened to have with me because they are backgrounds used on some of the menu screens of the application that I wrote for the railroad. I have just a couple more here on this 'puter with me.

The steam locomotive is a 1947 Baldwin Mikado, Narrow Gauge. Pretty cool. Today they just got their 1908 Baldwin running and it huffed and chuffed into the depot for the first time after a complete restoration.

For more info on the railroad (including a massive photo archive) go to:

http://www.wpyr.com/

Here's the last of the pics I have with me. I took all except the one with the picture of the cruise ship in the background...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts