Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jeep, it's all i've driven pretty much for the last 5 or so years and getting my RL is going to be quite a difference i'm sure. With the jeep i can pretty much ramp things and not worry about bottoming out. do you all find that you have to be extremely careful around speedbumps, driveway curbs, etc. or you'll bottom out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
I have a jeep, it's all i've driven pretty much for the last 5 or so years and getting my RL is going to be quite a difference i'm sure. With the jeep i can pretty much ramp things and not worry about bottoming out. do you all find that you have to be extremely careful around speedbumps, driveway curbs, etc. or you'll bottom out?
At the bottom of that maniacal grin on a SKY is very little clearance. You may want to look at driveways and the like as danger zones. Approach driveways and aprons at an angle less than 90 deg. Some speed bumps can hurt too.
Lifting the SKY has to be done using Corvette style jack blocks and many ramps have to be lengthened to allow lift without grounding. The body panels wrap the chassis and damage can be done if not lifted properly. At your Saturn Store meet and talk to the SKY trained technician(s). Be wary if they have none… In many ways treat this car like a Corvette in lifting and clearance issues...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AHHHHH!!! if i wait 10-12 months for this car(which it better not be any longer than that) and i ruin it first day home in my drive way i'll go nuts!

i also have a problem with my grill on my jeep always getting paint chips due to it being so vertical, you all find that a bra is needed to avoid this on the sky? if so do the clear ones look very descrete and not noticeable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Personally, I have to come up my driveway sideways...:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
I have a jeep, it's all i've driven pretty much for the last 5 or so years and getting my RL is going to be quite a difference i'm sure. With the jeep i can pretty much ramp things and not worry about bottoming out. do you all find that you have to be extremely careful around speedbumps, driveway curbs, etc. or you'll bottom out?
Oh h*** YES!! Be very careful, especially with those stupid cement blocks in parking lots!!! :banghead:
T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I am driving a Vette now and there is almost ZERO clearance on her! The good thing is that it is second nature to keep that in mind. Remember not to pull up to far when parking. If it is as low as my car now, the concrete curbs and stopper thingys in parking lots are too high. I hope that terminology wasn't too technical for you...:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
tolaiz said:
Oh h*** YES!! Be very careful, especially with those stupid cement blocks in parking lots!!! :banghead:
T.
tolaiz, that is much better than my "technical term"...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,497 Posts
Don't get me started about those. Suffice to say I have to order a front fenderwell because of one!!!! $48 for those that are curious...

Anyway yes this sucker is low. My local dealership already learned, the hard way mind you, about the lifting issue. Be sure they know about it and don't just take a "yes, we know how to do it" as an answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robotech said:
Don't get me started about those. Suffice to say I have to order a front fenderwell because of one!!!! $48 for those that are curious...

Anyway yes this sucker is low. My local dealership already learned, the hard way mind you, about the lifting issue. Be sure they know about it and don't just take a "yes, we know how to do it" as an answer.
i don't have a clue what you're talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
You will have a major adjustment from a Jeep to a Sky. The clear bras are kind of pricy but if I had bought one I would not have the rock chip on the hood just above the Saturn Logo. Hindsight.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
AHHHHH!!! if i wait 10-12 months for this car(which it better not be any longer than that) and i ruin it first day home in my drive way i'll go nuts!

i also have a problem with my grill on my jeep always getting paint chips due to it being so vertical, you all find that a bra is needed to avoid this on the sky? if so do the clear ones look very descrete and not noticeable?
Considering that the Sky has not been out too long there are clear bra applicationsthat some people have installed. Search it and then PM those people and se if it would be up your alley...Skip...See you found the stubby..easy tant it....:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
I have clear bra and would be glad to answer any questions you may have...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I have clear bra
:jester:

Please be careful...you are gonna give some of these old guys heart attacks!

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Uhhhh baby, now Im getting excited....:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
:jester:

Please be careful...you are gonna give some of these old guys heart attacks!

:lol:
Well darling, it takes an old gal to give an old guy one.....:lol: :cheers:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I have clear bra and would be glad to answer any questions you may have...:thumbs:
Clear Bra AND a "Leather Package."

I bet you like going "topless," too, dontcha?

Grrrrrrrrooooowl!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
jdigiant said:
Clear Bra AND a "Leather Package."

I bet you like going "topless," too, dontcha?

Grrrrrrrrooooowl!
Well, now that ya mentioned it......:thumbs: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Remember that Jeep paint sucks.

The C5 Vettes actually have steel braces that stick out in front that prevent the front end from dragging, I kind of wish the Sky had the same thing.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top