Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salesperson emailed me on Monday morning to say that my car had been ordered over the weekend. She was out of town and said when she got back to the dealership she would give me more information (presumably the order number and TPW). It is now Thursday at close of business and I have yet to hear from her again. I sent another email to her yesterday reminding her but still no news. Sigh. I know I am the most impatient person in the world, and I don't want to harass her so I won't email again, but how long would you guys wait before calling the dealership and asking about my order?:confused:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
stacib said:
My salesperson emailed me on Monday morning to say that my car had been ordered over the weekend. She was out of town and said when she got back to the dealership she would give me more information (presumably the order number and TPW). It is now Thursday at close of business and I have yet to hear from her again. I sent another email to her yesterday reminding her but still no news. Sigh. I know I am the most impatient person in the world, and I don't want to harass her so I won't email again, but how long would you guys wait before calling the dealership and asking about my order?:confused:
I would make a personal visit myself, after all you are the customer:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernest said:
I would make a personal visit myself, after all you are the customer:thumbs:

:agree: :agree:

I go and see my dealer every Thursday. He actually enjoys it.Go in and bring him a nice starbuck coffee.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. I would except for the fact that my dealer is about an hour and a half away from me (the only one in the general LA area charging MSRP). Sigh. Thanks anyway...

·
Registered
358 Posts
stacib said:
:banghead:
I placed my deposit on 6/03 To date I have nothing...nada....info. Stopped by two weeks ago and they don't even have an order number assigned from GM. Prepare yourself for the wait and find a hobby. I know when it comes, it will be an awesome time well worth the wait... at least that's what I'm told on the forum:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Id also say to not get too worried if you don't seem to be as well informed as other forum members. Some of us got blessed with great sales people or had the help of forum members who had an "in" to tell us the status of our Skys.

Although you can be proactive with getting the information, some salespeople really either don't know or don't know how to get what we all expect them to look up. I'd hold on to the thought that no matter how much you know about the status of the car -- chances are it will arrive the same second as if you knew nothing.

(and nice avatar)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had a similar exp with my sales rep. This is the first time I am buying from Saturn. I will call leave messages and ask for a return call back... and nothing. :mad: I thought Saturn had some of the best Customer Service in the industry. I don't mide that she may not have all the answers but I feel the least she could do is call me back and tell me that she does not know and will try and find out. In all my past experiences the dealer has ALWAYS called back within an hour or two. Not days later, if at all. Would it be wrong to say I would like to buy from another Sales Rep. :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
My advice is to not worry about it. Just know that your new Sky is going to be delivered sooner or later. When I began following the posts on this forum regarding all the following up on orders....codes....when was it assigned a vin....when will it be built....when will it be put on a train....or a truck.....how long will it take to get here.....AHHHHHHHH! If I were a Saturn salesman, I would want to scream. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for cryin' out loud....chill! All the event codes, all the calls to your dealer, all the Starbucks coffee and Dunkin Doughnuts for your salesman, ain't gonna get your Sky here any sooner! Go live your life! And every night or so, when you come home from work, come and log on to this forum and be excited about all the Sky talk. Enjoy it. I just don't understand why anybody wants to take a pleasant experience and figure out ways to be miserable, because they don't know an "event code". Here's how I oredered my Sky:
1. Called dealer. Told them I want one. They put me on waiting list.
2. One month later dealer called me and said I am next in line to order.
3. Another 5 weeks go by and my dealer called me again to finalize order, because my "Image" was in.
4. 7 weeks later, my salesman called me to tell my my Sky is in. Come and get it.

I never called him after the initial call. He only had to call me three times. Nobody got all wrapped up in their underwear. I'm happy. My dealer is happy. My salesman is happy. Enjoy the wait! You've got something very special to look forward to!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Hipsky said:
My advice is to not worry about it. Just know that your new Sky is going to be delivered sooner or later. When I began following the posts on this forum regarding all the following up on orders....codes....when was it assigned a vin....when will it be built....when will it be put on a train....or a truck.....how long will it take to get here.....AHHHHHHHH! If I were a Saturn salesman, I would want to scream. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for cryin' out loud....chill! All the event codes, all the calls to your dealer, all the Starbucks coffee and Dunkin Doughnuts for your salesman, ain't gonna get your Sky here any sooner! Go live your life! And every night or so, when you come home from work, come and log on to this forum and be excited about all the Sky talk. Enjoy it. I just don't understand why anybody wants to take a pleasant experience and figure out ways to be miserable, because they don't know an "event code". Here's how I oredered my Sky:
3. Another 5 weeks go by and my dealer called me again to finalize order, because my "Image" was in.
4. 7 weeks later, my salesman called me to tell my my Sky is in. Come and get it.

I never called him after the initial call. He only had to call me three times. Nobody got all wrapped up in their underwear. I'm happy. My dealer is happy. My salesman is happy. Enjoy the wait! You've got something very special to look forward to!
Well Hipsky, you are lucky in how your order went! I started talking to my dealership mid 2005 but wasn't even put on a list until January... Now it's August, and I'm just now #3 overall. :banghead:

Ya gotta be patient with the people who haven't had as good as an experience that you have had.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spag,
Aren't you waiting for an RL? That's something even more special to look forward to.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know it is hard to wait and people like Hipsky do not make it easy, however I would take the advice of 1994SC2 he is right on, as hard as it to hear. We had an 8 month wait for our SKY and it was worth every moment.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Now that I learned the power seats will not be part of the build unitl Sept ....yup I am in no rush and enjoying this forum more ...:thumbs:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I didn't get an order # for several weeks after the order was accepted. Kept asking every week and would get no answer. Then one day, I get the call from my salesgirl that I have an order #. Kept asking for a TPW, but that was pushing it. Salesgirl kept saying that she would get it week after week. Then one day I get the call "Your Baby is Here!" I know it is so frustrating but keep trying every week. Some dealers are great about it and others don't have a clue. If your order was accepted that means you have about 2 months to go until you receive your car. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Similarities......

Hipsky said:

It is like birthing a baby. You know it has to appear sometime, you just don't know when. It could be early, it could be late, but you have no control over it unless you have a C-Section. It is exciting so just sit back and know when it arrives, you will be on the road or washing it, polishing it, detailing it, enjoying it etc. etc. etc. I am so jazzed about this car I can hardly stand it, but bugging people isn't my style :driving:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But They Won't Hold The Car For Me!!!

You guys are all totally right, but see here is my predicament: I am going to be out of the country from September 4 until September 26th. I have been told by my dealer that if it arrives, they will NOT hold the car for me until I return. Therefore, while I am 99% sure that it will not come until I get back, I would just feel more comfortable knowing my TPW wasn't for a while so I wouldn't have waited for nothing. Hence my fear and worrying...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Go to your dealership and tell them this is why

stacib said:
You guys are all totally right, but see here is my predicament: I am going to be out of the country from September 4 until September 26th. I have been told by my dealer that if it arrives, they will NOT hold the car for me until I return. Therefore, while I am 99% sure that it will not come until I get back, I would just feel more comfortable knowing my TPW wasn't for a while so I wouldn't have waited for nothing. Hence my fear and worrying...
you need the TPW I'm sure they will cooperate....I hope!

Chris :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Hipsky said:

I agree with your post that it won't get here any faster by knowing the codes. But It does make you feel better. And if you have a good dealer he canl put a hot ticket on your car once it get made which can make it ship sooner. They did this with my Solstice and I got it in a few days.

But I hope you do relize it takes 10 seconds to look up the code and it is part of the dealerships job. It's not like they have hundreds to do. Because he can do the top 15 on the list, Instead of sitting around and talking most of the day.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
stacib said:
Do you at least have an order number ? If yes, PM me the number. And I think it sucks that the dealership won't hold your Sky seeing your going to be out of the country. I could see if they won't do this all the time for people but this should be an exception.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts