Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you feel my pain, it sounds like the same boat for all of us.

But my dealer :

Won't give me event codes

Just told me there are now 6 cars in front of me not the 4 I was told back in June

Now says December is a more likely delivery date not 1) "late October" (at check writting)or 2) "early November"(middle of last month)

Just bear with me as I rave on, if it was an Enzo (hand crafted by Italian engineers in Torino and brought to a fine pre-delivery luster by young, Romanesque virgins as Andrea Boccelli serenades their every move), I probably wouldn't balk about the wait, but it's a Saturn for goodness sake.

(I am not dissing Saturn or GM here for all you deep rooted fans, but if you had asked me if I would ever purchase an American sports car or any American car for that matter, a few months ago, I would have choked on my JDM boost gauge!)

I know, I know, better to wait than have a mass produced car... at least the Mini had the excuse of crossing the pond when they made their customers agonize by the phone.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
GM is not all BAD!

:cool:
In defense for GM and its system buying the 06 Corvette was a breeze once we found a dealer that was willing to allow us to order our car for museum delivery. Good thing about Chevrolet dealers there is one in every town and several within a large city, lots to choose from but the same old problem who had an allocation and whom does not. We ordered the car on October 5th, the plant in Bowling Greens called us on October 27th they started building the car on Halloween and we picked it up on November 28th. The learning curve for corvettes is 50 years so we need to give Saturn a break this is new for them having a car that so many want. Maybe in 10 years Sky and Sol owners will have a museum near the plant in Delaware and they will have museum delivery for new Sky/Sol series 2 cars, it could happen! :rolleyes:
I STILL WANT MY REDLINE SKY! Misery! :banghead:

TulsaSky

·
Registered
229 Posts
Like you, my dealer will not give out event codes, order number or any other information that would help track my order. As of this last month, the dealership will not even tell me where I am on the waiting list. If find that frustrating, as well.

Having said that, when dealers give time estimates on delivery they are only giving a best guess based on their experiences in the past. They know what their allocations are supposed to be and that can help them with their guess. The reality kicks in when constraints, vehicle transportation delays, or other variables that are outside the dealership's control occur.

Some dealerships seem to give a "best case" guess while others, like mine, give a "worst case" guess. I would guess that few dealerships actually get the delivery date right, although some are certainly closer than others.

I hope that things turn around and your Sky is born sooner, rather than later. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Waiting

Hello

Like you I am waiting, got a call last week I am now number one on the list at my dealer. Wanting a Redline but may wind up taking a standard sky, to get one before the end of the year. Sadly it seems not all dealers are being straight with thier customers, I shopped around and found a dealer that was getting allocations and only had 5 people in front of me at time of order. If I were you I would question your dealer very carefully it sure seems like there are alot of dealers just stacking up the orders and not keeping anyone informed of their status, I think that creates a situation that is ripe for dealer to take advantage of the buyer.

I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i prefer the worst case scenario approach myselft. as it turns out, usually the system is innacurate (DLWRLD), and they come in sooner than expected (at first, they were coming later).

customers like to hear "well, your car is here 3 weeks early" more than "well, it looks like it will be another 2 months"

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
cohlineman said:
I know many of you feel my pain, it sounds like the same boat for all of us.

But my dealer :

Won't give me event codes

Just told me there are now 6 cars in front of me not the 4 I was told back in June

Now says December is a more likely delivery date not 1) "late October" (at check writting)or 2) "early November"(middle of last month)

Just bear with me as I rave on, if it was an Enzo (hand crafted by Italian engineers in Torino and brought to a fine pre-delivery luster by young, Romanesque virgins as Andrea Boccelli serenades their every move), I probably wouldn't balk about the wait, but it's a Saturn for goodness sake.

(I am not dissing Saturn or GM here for all you deep rooted fans, but if you had asked me if I would ever purchase an American sports car or any American car for that matter, a few months ago, I would have choked on my JDM boost gauge!)

I know, I know, better to wait than have a mass produced car... at least the Mini had the excuse of crossing the pond when they made their customers agonize by the phone.
many dealers won't give out the codes for one reason, to keep customers from bugging the crap out of them every day.. and then when the car does not come in because of a wrong event code the customer will get very upset... Just calm down and the car will be here before you know it... Just think of all of us that had a deposit down a year before the first car was even built and trying to get information on even when production will start... at least when your order is accepted into the system you should know it will be built and it should not be as long as it has been...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
many dealers won't give out the codes for one reason, to keep customers from bugging the crap out of them every day.. and then when the car does not come in because of a wrong event code the customer will get very upset... Just calm down and the car will be here before you know it... Just think of all of us that had a deposit down a year before the first car was even built and trying to get information on even when production will start... at least when your order is accepted into the system you should know it will be built and it should not be as long as it has been...
But dealerships get paid to order your car and give you any info if you want it, thats there job. I agree there are some people who might call every day and this is uncalled for but for someone to stops in once a week to get an update I believe is acceptable.

When people call customer service they will tell you that this is your dealers job and I agree. This was told to me by Pontiac customer service many times untill I switched sales people. I sit down with my dealer and we look up reports together trying to get info on my GXP, he has no problem with it, so why would others. I agree it's usually only the Sales Manager and General Manager have the access to the system. It not like he has 100 orders to look up but maybe 10/15 and it takes 10 seconds each. Maybe the Sales managers of some of these dealerships should spend less time sitting around and look up these 15 orders every morning.

He is actually nice enough to look up about 5 Sky orders for people that can't get info from their dealers. And he's a Pontiac Dealership but as a favor to me he does this when he checks on my GXP. But I limit it to 5 because he can't do everybodys.

But according to him any Saturn dealership should be able to put in the order number and get the info. Maybe not in the beginning because it was a new system ( Dealer World ) but he has Dealer World and could look up any Pontiac order from any Dealership using Dealer World.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nope, no info

we've been told "based on our experiences with prior orders, your car should be here around "xxx".

No mine won't give out event codes either, nor will they give us "order confirmation from the plant". We ordered May 19.

Thank goodness we don't NEED the car...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anything, such good replies make it nice to know I am not alone.

Let's all be patient and just hope that the bait and wait wasn't in vain!

In the end the "dealership" is a place we all go to get something we want yet cringe at having to go to. Kind of like that massage and therapy place.... oops got off topic!

I promise to not complain anymore, well maybe just a bit here and there!.

Funny how some dealerships will do things and others won't but all in all, the sub-species Homus Vehiculus Dealericus is not an easy creature to pin down and study much less anticipate behavior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts