Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought Id share some pics from the solstice meet we had yesterday in Oshawa. Hope you enjoy them.

http://sendspace.com/file/45jgvc

once u click the link, wait till the link opens up and then click on the small little link below the advertisements to start the download.

Dylan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not available

Hey there Dylan I tried to upload & it keeps telling me that the file is unaviable to download as there is no spots available, any suggestions because I would love to see the pictures.

Dylan01 said:
Thought Id share some pics from the solstice meet we had yesterday in Oshawa. Hope you enjoy them.

http://sendspace.com/file/45jgvc

once u click the link, wait till the link opens up and then click on the small little link below the advertisements to start the download.

Dylan

·
Registered
105 Posts
yup, same issue

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Me Too. Sorry couldn't be there, work.Hope to be able to attend in the future.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
got them now

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys. sorry for the delay in replying.

If it says no upload spots, just press refresh and try to download it again. If it continues to do it, right click on the small link at the bottom there and click "save target as." If that does not work, PM me.

-Dylan

·
Registered
945 Posts
dylan even with hi-speed it was going to take a half hour to download

back on Sol-side it was suggested you do it thru putfile

how about doing that here too

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Here is a "Best Of"...

These are from the 180MB file :eek: that took so long to download. I pulled it, got the utility to decompress the .rar file, resized the pics down to something web appropriate, and picked six of the best pics (three groups, and three individuals.)

If you don't like my selections - TOUGH! :D

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
More "Best Of"...

Here are the individual shots... Interesting paint job and body kit; interesting exhaust system, interesting license plate...

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I downloaded it as well... the videos were pretty cool.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
looks great..... next time let some of us in the chi-town area know when you will be around... love to see the car...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

Great pictures. Thanks.
Still waiting for my Sky. Any day now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WOW that is an impressive turnout

jdigiant said:
Here are the individual shots... Interesting paint job and body kit; interesting exhaust system, interesting license plate...
:thumbs: I belonged to a large Miata club until recently and we seldom had turnouts that big, even when events were held with other big clubs. I mean, that is a truly impressive turnout for such a new car and a new club.

What interests me most is how do SKY and SOLSTIC drivers get along? Do you consider each other rivals, friendly or otherwise, or do you consider yourselves allies under the sheet metal? If a SKY driver shows up at a solstice event, would they be allowed to participate, and visa versa of course. I ,as an example, breifly cosidered buying a solstice. Then spoke to me and said only two words.."PONTIAC DEALER".....AARRRRGGHHHH!!!:willy: Once again, in control of my sences, I thought "get ahold Harry, why would you buy anything else when you can buy from a SATURN RETAILER :D

I am now on my 2nd SATURN and I am so happy with my SATURN RETAILER, that I would never switch. :) But I have nothing but admiration for SOLSTICE
OR SOLSTICE OWNERS. I am serious though as to my original questions.
Thanks.:rolleyes:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I tried and the message I got was "Sorry, the file you requested is not available."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Try it again and if it does it again, click refresh.
If that doesnt work, somebody will have to upload the file again (who has already downloaded it) I have reformatted the comp and all pics are gandi :(

If you do get it, and it says no downlaod slots, click refresh then right click--> save target as. If it doesnt work, keep on trying. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
greenhornet said:
What interests me most is how do SKY and SOLSTIC drivers get along? Do you consider each other rivals, friendly or otherwise, or do you consider yourselves allies under the sheet metal? If a SKY driver shows up at a solstice event, would they be allowed to participate, and visa versa of course.
All I can do is speak for myself. I posted a comment over at the Solstice forum on a body kit that totally changed the nose. I think it made the Solstice styling "tolerable" whereas they all thought it destroyed the car. A couple said, "The SKY guys will go for that. They're all into that edgy, modern stuff." I think it would ruin a SKY. There's something to be learned from that, I think.

Under the skin the platform is the same. The general shape, size and performance is the same. I see a solstice from time to time on the road (I have yet to see another SKY) and we wave and chat and are courteous to each other. We respect each other.

That being said, the two groups have different tastes. They like curvy, we like creasy. Nothing wrong with either preference, really. And - hopefully - we can all learn from each other. I will still be nice to all Solstice drivers I meet and respect them and their choice - even if I would not make the same choice myself. I can only hope that they would do the same.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just like Camaro/Firebirds, their owners will get along and be happy to include each other.

The people that think they are completely different cars are usually just ignorant

·
Registered
483 Posts
bradyb said:
Just like Camaro/Firebirds, their owners will get along and be happy to include each other.

The people that think they are completely different cars are usually just ignorant
I agree. So far I've encountered 2 Solstices while in my SKY, and I waved first, with the Solstice guys waving or honking back :thumbs: .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts