Saturn Skyline Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this and immediately thought of @skersfan! LOL Combines classic car with our beloved Kappas.

Okay, seriously, not sure I totally love the look. The LeMans/GTO front is very angular and the rest of the Solstice is so round and organic I'm not sure the lines really work with this "hybrid".

That said, this is an entire bolt on front end. No cutting, no welding, uses factory hood latches. Other stock parts not used are stored. Just like skersfan's Skypel. The workmanship of this build is amazing...completely impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Not really a fan of the new vette. Looks like they put more humps and bumps on it like a Viper. Anxious to see the long awaited mid engine (next year) (wish I had a dime for every time I have heard that since I bought my 71 Vette).

The car most likely looks good in person, have not seen one. I like the 2017 so guess that would grow on me. I only watched a couple of minutes of the video, quality on my lap top was lacking. Being the last of a breed brings value I guess, but I think I would rather have the first mid engine. I know bugs and the like, but still want the mid engine, like I have for nearly 50 years of GM less than honest predictions.

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
I agree on the lines of the GTO look. It would look better on a Sky, but you lose the tie in that way. I would bet it draws a tremendous amount of attention.

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really a fan of the new vette. Looks like they put more humps and bumps on it like a Viper. Anxious to see the long awaited mid engine (next year) (wish I had a dime for every time I have heard that since I bought my 71 Vette).

The car most likely looks good in person, have not seen one. I like the 2017 so guess that would grow on me. I only watched a couple of minutes of the video, quality on my lap top was lacking. Being the last of a breed brings value I guess, but I think I would rather have the first mid engine. I know bugs and the like, but still want the mid engine, like I have for nearly 50 years of GM less than honest predictions.
We keep seeing the teaser spy shots but I am like you, I'll believe it when it's sitting in the showroom.

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Well it appears they have done it again. Still no mid engine in 2019 and would doubt they would offer one for at least another 5 years after that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well it appears they have done it again. Still no mid engine in 2019 and would doubt they would offer one for at least another 5 years after that.
I really think Bowling Green will produce a mid-engine 'Vette sometime in the spring of 2019 as a 2020 model with a list price of $150k+. I do not expect them to discontinue the C7 until they see what the market will bear.
Time will tell:lurk:

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Like I said, I have heard this story since 1971. They were discounting the 2016 by 25-30 K when I was looking at them. 2019 will be the same car with more horsepower. MEH. I seriously thought about it, but read about the mules and thought I can wait for the mid engine. I no longer believe I will see it in my lifetime. The wife wants the new Lexus coupe, may just go look at it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Like I said, I have heard this story since 1971. They were discounting the 2016 by 25-30 K when I was looking at them. 2019 will be the same car with more horsepower. MEH. I seriously thought about it, but read about the mules and thought I can wait for the mid engine. I no longer believe I will see it in my lifetime. The wife wants the new Lexus coupe, may just go look at it.
They way how you describe the wife's driving technique , I would check with your insurance company first, ... before she takes a test drive in the New Lexus there partner.

The new Vette for 2019. I did read that the other day. Looks good, with plenty of power. I think that was what I saw a couple of months ago on Motor Week, the new Calloway version 755 they tested at Summit Point Motorsports Park. More of everything.

The mid engine Vette will happen one day. Some may like it, true blue owners will hate it. Front engine V8 rear wheel drive, to mid mounted V8 with or with out twin Turbo's? 150K up and up it goes. Getting into the Euro range now. The Vette was an alternative to the higher priced models from Europe to compete with them, at a better price. Bang for the buck. As for me, KISS an old 68 C3 with a 327 and I'd be good with that.

The GTO special. Looks good and odd, but that is just me. Yes great time and effort went into this. Sharp lines of the old one with the round rear of the current one. Sounds like a woman I once knew.

LAC

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I really think Bowling Green will produce a mid-engine 'Vette sometime in the spring of 2019 as a 2020 model with a list price of $150k+. I do not expect them to discontinue the C7 until they see what the market will bear.
Time will tell:lurk:
And whether they do or they don't finally issue the mid engined version soon, the rumours will probably depress sales on the current cars in the meantime, unless the customers who want to wait for fear what they buy will be instantly superseded balances with the customers who want to buy the last of the front engined Vettes.

PS - there are some people that just keep swearing that Corvettes are a great investment and point at the 1960s cars that have finally gone up in value. When you ask them where they expect to be in another 50 years when the current cars (might) appreciate, they suddenly have nothing to say.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts